Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw the movie...and quite honestly didn't 'get it'...

UNTIL this scene....

YouTube - Across The universe - Let It Be

watching it again I was struck in amazement... absolutely stunning. Rare does a movie give me goosebumps and make me cry...in joy. Amazing imagery....(nice twist as well)

Here is a wonderful clip from the movie....a nice clip....

YouTube - Across The Universe - I Want You / She's So Heavy

I just finished watching it AGAIN! I really love Dana Fuchs voice when she is singing "Helter Skelter", but I crack up at the scene where she and her boyfriend Jojo just had a falling out on "Oh, Darling".
YouTube - Across The Universe - Across The Universe / Helter Skelter

YouTube - Across The Universe - Oh! Darling!

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess I have to be the party pooper.

I thought this movie was too long with too much...stuff. A nice trimming of fat would've done wonders, from where I was sitting. The story was about Jude and Lucy, right? With Max introducing them and being a foil for their discontent with Vietnam, right? So who the hell were those other characters? Prudence was in there so they could sing Dear Prudence, but the movie would've lost nothing beyond that song had her entire character been removed. JoJo and Sadie? Also not necessary, but JoJo allowed for the Joe Cocker cameo, which was by far the best part of the flick, so he gets a pass.

The problem is not that there was too much going on. It's that I felt that we were supposed to be invested in these interweaving storylines that all come together in the end, but it really seemed like one of those complicated looking knots where you pull one string and the whole thing is actually very simple. Just my take.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I have to be the party pooper.

I thought this movie was too long with too much...stuff. A nice trimming of fat would've done wonders, from where I was sitting. The story was about Jude and Lucy, right? With Max introducing them and being a foil for their discontent with Vietnam, right? So who the hell were those other characters? Prudence was in there so they could sing Dear Prudence, but the movie would've lost nothing beyond that song had her entire character been removed. JoJo and Sadie? Also not necessary, but JoJo allowed for the Joe Cocker cameo, which was by far the best part of the flick, so he gets a pass.

The problem is not that there was too much going on. It's that I felt that we were supposed to be invested in these interweaving storylines that all come together in the end, but it really seemed like one of those complicated looking knots where you pull one string and the whole thing is actually very simple. Just my take.

Cool... I liked it for many of the same reasons you dont. It was a great time capsule piece woven together with Beatles music as the narrative. The story of that time and the whole psychedelic scene couldnt be told without The Pranksters, Sadie-Janis Joplin, Jojo- Jimi Hendrix, Dr Geary and his brainchild LSD or Lucy in the Sky with diamonds. Max- Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Jude- Hey Jude, Lucy - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Everytime I watch it I find more... I just got the reason for Sadie saying to Max when he rented the room from her, "You look pretty clean cut but then you could have just killed your granny with a hammer".