Across the Universe

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by FatSchlong, Oct 10, 2008.

1. FatSchlong

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I finally got around to watch the film mentioned above. I had been wanting to see it every since it came out, but for some reason I was always busy doing something. Last night, I finally came about to watch it on Netflix.

The film, is simply beautiful, pure and innocent. They did a fantastic job to set the scene and actors that compliment the song. There was a moment that just completely made me break down. The "Let it Be" scene is so heartbreaking, that it would take a heart made of stone to not shed a single tear. The most romantic part of the film, in my own humble opinion, was the "Something" scene. I think that out of all the Beatles' love songs, "Something" is the purest and so simply put. It is deep and meaningful. George Harrison was a great song writer.

I have enclosed a link to YouTube with the "Let it Be" scene. In the first take, soldiers give something to a mom, and you see two girls running. What they give the mom belonged to the red hair's boyfriend. The rest is self-explanatory.

I have also included the "Something" scene.

Let it Be:
    YouTube - Across The universe - Let It Be

Something:
    YouTube - Across The Universe - Something

2. naughty

Gold Member

It is indeed a treasure. I was addicted to it months ago when I first saw it and purchased it. I did a thread back then. You may want to look it up and see what others had to say then.

3. scorpiokc

scorpiokc New Member

I went and checked out those clips, I hate to admit that I was unfamiliar with the movie but after watching all of the clips I found on YouTube, this is a must see! Thank you for turning me on to it! Looks fantastic.

4. naughty

Gold Member

It really is. You should check out some of Julie Taymor's other films. Titus Andronicus and Frida. The woman is a genius. I personally loved the twist on "I wanna hold you hand " as sung by a woman about another woman, Come together and

"I want you so bad". Heck the whole movie is fabulous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB8QiKWodk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-T15IDYNE

#4 naughty, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  5. FatSchlong

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I agree "Come Together" is bloody awesome. Julie Taymor is a genius, shame that she does not get the praise she deserves. I have seen "Frida", but have not yet seen "Titus Andronicus".

Draft saved Draft deleted