Action Figures With 'Correct' Anatomy - Good Or Bad Idea ?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
No, the children would be more likely to chew the penis off. (Or poke their eye out with it)

Toys get gnawed on quite frequently. By the time the kid is old enough to appreciate which parts are which how many parts will be left?

ohman
that's a scene in a movie we'll have someday now
"I want a Ken Doll"
"You'll put your eye out!"

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So what was the problem with male nipples for decades? They hadn't appeared in cartoons/comics or on action figures/dolls for decades, if ever, until Disney's Tarzan about 8 years ago, as far as I know.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So what was the problem with male nipples for decades? They hadn't appeared in cartoons/comics or on action figures/dolls for decades, if ever, until Disney's Tarzan about 8 years ago, as far as I know.

Interesting question. I don't have a clue.

Regarding the anatomically correct dolls. Anatomically correct for whom? Large or small labia Barbie? Mega clit Barbie? Big booty Barbie?
Ken doll with or without foreskin, available in small, medium or large (and special micro collector's edition) Tight nuts? Low hangers? You'd have a larger assortment than the cabbage patch dolls ever had. And god help you if you get a toy that doesn't match how your child will develop.

"Mommy! Ken's pee pee is straight, mine curves. Am I deformed?"

Better not to have anatomical features at all to minimize the potential insecurities and better to have just one model of those so they can be seen as the fictitious things they are and dismissed.

Would still be nice if the fictitious things had more realistic proportions.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And god help you if you get a toy that doesn't match how your child will develop.

"Mommy! Ken's pee pee is straight, mine curves. Am I deformed?"

Better not to have anatomical features at all to minimize the potential insecurities and better to have just one model of those so they can be seen as the fictitious things they are and dismissed.

Really good point, actually.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
And for many decades, showings of navels weren't allowed to be broadcast. (i.r.: I DREAM OF JEANNIE TV show).

And a whole generation back, there was a "Gay Bob" doll, with his own closet, that you could purchase at a novelty store. This one must fetch high $$ on ebay and elsewhere.

The whole "regulation" of toys is kind of weird. There's more legislation on Toy Guns than real ones.

And try to put Barbie in a sado mascho istic outfit and on public display, you're looking at a lawsuit. Though most of them have been dismissed when it happens.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll never forget the time a co-worker and I were walking through a toy department and came across a display of those anatomy correct dolls. I stopped to look (especially at the male version) and in a rather loud voice I said "damn, would you look at that!" To my horror, the person standing next to me was a rather sophisticated dressed woman. My friend had walked on off. I ran. I guess this stranger thought I was the biggest pervert in Birmingham.

(Actually, I'd probably have placed in the top 10 then!" :tongue:

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LMAO @ this thread.

If America wasn't a country that had such a taboo about sex and such a demonization of sexuality, I would think that anatomically correct dolls would be cool. I mean, kids have penises and vaginas too. So it's natural that replicas of humans should have them, if even in clothes.

However, we have to realize that we live in a world, even in a society that places a taboo on the sexual organs. They are considered dirty, bad, etc. It's one of the most contradictory things I've ever seen. We love sex and dicks and pussies. But we have a huge taboo on it. When you live in a world where there is a dichotomy like that, and a taboo like that, those intersecting signals can really fuck kids up. Not to mention all the pedophilia that exists. And couple that with the fact that kids might grow up a little to fast being surrounded with toys like that.

There's just so many reasons why it WOULDN'T work in a world like this, that they outweigh the reasons why it would.

LMAO @ Disney men not having nipples. Nipples are considered sexual. And society is taboo about sexuality. So...hence the reason Disney men never had nipples until recently. As we evolve as a people, and as we understand how primitive we once were as opposed to how advance we can possibly be, these taboos will begin to fall, hence the un-taboo-ization of nipples and nipple related paraphernalia.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll never forget the time a co-worker and I were walking through a toy department and came across a display of those anatomy correct dolls. I stopped to look (especially at the male version) and in a rather loud voice I said "damn, would you look at that!" To my horror, the person standing next to me was a rather sophisticated dressed woman. My friend had walked on off. I ran. I guess this stranger thought I was the biggest pervert in Birmingham.

(Actually, I'd probably have placed in the top 10 then!" :tongue:

Actually, I think that she was embarrassed, because she was going to buy a few for herself.. :biggrin1:

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
... Barbie after all does have her boobs showing for all to see and so breasts are pretty much all there to see on all female dolls and action figures, yet the male parts are either covered up or made non existent.
Thoughts ? Would having these type of male figurines available help male body issues or in fact hinder it ?
First, boobs aren't the same as dicks, don't have the same physical and sexual functions, aren't located on the same part of the anatomy.

Second, women and men ARE different, and we can't make ALL things equal.

So, third, if we are going to insist on comparable anatomical correctness based on Barbie (okay, yeah, LOTS of issues there!), nipple-less pecs of larger than average size on the chest and a vague bulge between the legs is appropriate.

Finally, if we are depending on dolls to teach children about anatomy, we've got some larger issues. Open communication, occasional family nudity (like a father/son shower), and exposure to classical nude art (sculpture, paintings, even photography) may well be healthier ways of teaching appropriate body awareness than insisting on anatomical correctness. As some have mentioned, how big/small would the dick need to be, how soft/hard should the whole doll be, how proportinal and realistic should every other aspect of the doll be?

Imagine the issues that could arise in a family where a completely correct male doll and a completely correct female doll both reside! Should adults be present every time the two dolls occupy the same room?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anatomically incorrect is essentially a reverse oxymoron. For christ's sake, put genitals on a doll as you would eyes or ears or arms. Children will deal with it as a natural and normal state of affairs unless adults let them understand that it isn't.

Eyes, or ears or arms don't in my opinion really compare to genitals. You really can't have a doll without eyes or arms as they are all crucial parts needed for play. Although very young children are aware of the "naughty bits" (I'm a teacher, trust me, I know) the genitals are not and should not be, in my opinion, part of their play. They do need to be raised to have a healthy awareness of their bodies but this is a separate issue.

Years ago their was a baby doll based on the tv show All In the Family. It was "Joey" the son of Gloria and Michael (Meathead) Stivik. It caused quite a stir at the time as it did have a penis.

Novaboy

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting reactions from everyone, as was expected they were varied and quite informative. Personally myself I would have no problem if they did indeed decide to release anatomically correct dolls of the male or female variety, if only to offer more choice than anything else. In the end it all comes down to how much realism a parent wants his or her's child exposed to, as already they are bombarded with nudity, sexual or otherwise on a daily basis and so regulating it is a concern.
I am more worried though about the whole perfect body image of the male dolls with their six pack abs, big arms and legs and so on and their effect on young boys growing up and thinking that THIS is how they are supposed to look. Barbie has been doing this for ages and there are reports that now it is happening to boys growing up with these action figures that have these types of bodies.

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This was debated by a couple of mates and myself after reviewing the threads that deal with male body image and penis shame that have been linked to it, with some guys saying that perhaps having action figures made without that lump of plastic in the front, ala Ken Dolls, they should be able to perchase a variant that has all the 'correct' bits in place. That way, kids can see that men do indeed have dicks and that they are natural and nothing to be ashamed about. Barbie after all does have her boobs showing for all to see and so breasts are pretty much all there to see on all female dolls and action figures, yet the male parts are either covered up or made non existent.
Thoughts ? Would having these type of male figurines available help male body issues or in fact hinder it ?
Sounds cool to me. I want a 6 ft tall XENA and a full size gabrielle doll to have hott sex with and get them to make out together and they should be made by the REAL DOLL or that Japanese sex doll company.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
.....I am more worried though about the whole perfect body image of the male dolls with their six pack abs, big arms and legs and so on and their effect on young boys growing up and thinking that THIS is how they are supposed to look. Barbie has been doing this for ages and there are reports that now it is happening to boys growing up with these action figures that have these types of bodies.

Am curious, why would this be worrisome? Look around at all the round body couch potatoe fathers stuffing their mouths and never exercising in this country. Is that a better role model image?