Actors you were surprised they died. Actors you weren't surprised they died.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Which actor's death of the past and present was shocking and which of the others were not so shocking upon reading on the web, hearing on the news, or whatever. You could go back even before the Internet or whatnot, but which actor didn't shock you about their death or which did...

Ricky Nelson...that was the most tragic death...

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
John Lennon was the one that affected me the most personally and really hit me out of left field. I'd just come home from doing some food shopping and turned on the TV, only to see this news being broadcast. I nearly dropped my grocery bundles.
:frown1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think anything unexpected is shocking. Something about your thread reminded me that I was doing exactly the same thing and was in exactly the same place when I heard the news about Natalie Wood and Princess Grace.
But to answer the question I think the death and the details of Sharon Tate's death were the most shocking to me.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Brittany Murphy was a big surprise.
Michael Jackson wasn't.

Unhappy about both :frown1:.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is a story of Peter Boyle (young frankenstein) shopping in a local book store (I used to shop there, great place R.I.P.) he was in the magazine section when one of the folks working there walked up and said "excuse me Mr. Boyle but did you know that the (big book of entertainment stuff) says you died 2 years ago?" Mr Boyle looked up and roared laughing.... and said "I think I think I need a new publicists...." he was VERY tickled over the whole thing....really charming and earned my respect!

I know it sounds clunky but Princess Dianna's passing got me, as well as john lennon.... trying to think of a few others...

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This might seem debatable, but didn't Frances Bavier had a bit of a problem with the cast of The Andy Griffith Show and they did considered her as very difficult to work with? Or was that all gossip...