Acupuncture, herbal, costs

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by CUBE, Apr 8, 2011.

1. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Acupuncture and Herbal medicine is something that I wanted to try for a spell. I have this foot problem and ear ringing thing. Also a diabetic type 2 which is under control. SOOOO. I go to a recommended doctor that says he can "cure" the diabetic stuff and everything else will fall into place. Not sure about claims of a cure. Anyway, I add the supplements up and the cost of the visits for the total of one year treatment. This would be about 11 grand. I just keep thinking this is an industry that has merit but how can one tell.

So my question to you good people. Have any of you had treatment for a condition with acupuncture and herbal medicine and what did you think? Did you find it costly?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I had acupuncture when I was recovering from an automobile accident and found it very beneficial. Would I have had the same results if I had not done it and just had physical therapy? I don't know.
    I'm a big believer in herbs and vitamins but it's important to know what you are taking and why and any possible adverse reactions to other ingredients in your diet.
    I would recommend talking to other patients and doing some research on his/her background and training. When you measure the cost of something like this it's a matter of breaking it down to the most important factor; can you afford to spend about $1,000.00 a month? If you have the money to spend then you have to ask yourself can you afford not to do it?

3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    point taken, thanks

4. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I've also been to an acupuncturist, who wanted to cure my adrenal problem only I didn't and still don't have an adrenal problem.

I'm all for alternative medicine, in fact my closest friend is a gifted healer but even she says that it needs to used in conjunction with modern medicine.

Good luck in what ever you choose to do.

5. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks. yep...I really think it has merit...just trying to shake out the real deal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice