Acupuncture, herbal, costs

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by CUBE, Apr 8, 2011.

1. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Acupuncture and Herbal medicine is something that I wanted to try for a spell. I have this foot problem and ear ringing thing. Also a diabetic type 2 which is under control. SOOOO. I go to a recommended doctor that says he can "cure" the diabetic stuff and everything else will fall into place. Not sure about claims of a cure. Anyway, I add the supplements up and the cost of the visits for the total of one year treatment. This would be about 11 grand. I just keep thinking this is an industry that has merit but how can one tell.

So my question to you good people. Have any of you had treatment for a condition with acupuncture and herbal medicine and what did you think? Did you find it costly?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I had acupuncture when I was recovering from an automobile accident and found it very beneficial. Would I have had the same results if I had not done it and just had physical therapy? I don't know.
    I'm a big believer in herbs and vitamins but it's important to know what you are taking and why and any possible adverse reactions to other ingredients in your diet.
    I would recommend talking to other patients and doing some research on his/her background and training. When you measure the cost of something like this it's a matter of breaking it down to the most important factor; can you afford to spend about $1,000.00 a month? If you have the money to spend then you have to ask yourself can you afford not to do it?

3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    point taken, thanks

4. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I've also been to an acupuncturist, who wanted to cure my adrenal problem only I didn't and still don't have an adrenal problem.

I'm all for alternative medicine, in fact my closest friend is a gifted healer but even she says that it needs to used in conjunction with modern medicine.

Good luck in what ever you choose to do.

5. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks. yep...I really think it has merit...just trying to shake out the real deal

Draft saved Draft deleted