Adam and Philip:The Genesis of a Unique Relationship

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
“I'm sorry, I ju-.. I just didn't know who else to call.”

Philip held the crumpled piece of paper in his hand, shaking ever so slightly, as the rain blanketed the city. The payphone in front of which he stood was dingy, cold, and graffitied. The usually busy street was void of all traffic as night descended on Seattle. What normally felt to him like home now seemed foreign, hostile, and unforgiving. The voice on the other end of the line was all that offered even a modicum of comfort.

“Hey buddy, no worries! Lucky thing you'd gotten my number after lunch, ya?” Adam laughed lightheartedly, unaware of the severity of the circumstances that had led to Philip's distress call. “What's up?”

Philip stared at the receipt with the number scribbled on the back as though doing so might give him the confidence to describe what had happened. He didn't know Adam well. In fact, they'd never met in person. They knew one another from an on-line forum where they bantered over politics, discussed popular culture, and occasionally drifted into topics like relationships. Adam had no way of knowing how proud Philip was and how humiliated he felt to be where he was in the state he was in. Steeling his voice as best he could produced only a raspy tone as he spoke.

“I w... I was on my way home, headed for the ferry... and... I ran into a group of...thugs...” Philip spat the last word with a bitterness that lingered in the air for several seconds before dissolving into the pitter-patter of the rain hitting the receiver. “They took... everything... except the receipt I had in my pocket...”

“Oh geeze! Dude, that sucks! Did you call the cops?” Adam wasn't insensitive to the situation but his conversational zeal could be excused since Philip purposefully left out a number of details that would have made it more intense.

“N.. no, I ran for several blocks to get away from them and stopped and stayed hidden behind a dumpster. This payphone was the closest thing from there... I... I'd go inside somewhere but... well it's Sunday... a-and... Adam, I'm afraid to go anywhere by myself now even-thought-I-know-how-stupid-that-is-and...”

Adam recognized the cracking in Philip's voice as he spoke. He'd heard it before. His girlfriend talked like this when her great grandmother has passed away. She beat around the bush before coming to the point- that she wanted him to come to the funeral. He didn't know Philip well enough to say he thought like a woman but he knew he was gay and in this instance the shoe seemed to fit. In an effort to be gallant and bring a resolution to the distress radiating from Philip through the phone, he said what he assumed Philip wanted to hear.

“Ya need a ride buddy? Where are you? I'll come get ya.”

Philip choked back a sob of relief, his eyes burning as he tried his very best to regain some of his dignity through his relief. It was exactly what his delicate psyche needed and he felt his lungs filling fully with air for the first time in hours.

“Than...tha...thankyou... I'm on 36th and Pike...”

As Philip stumbled to find his words Adam realized how close he was and couldn't help but exclaiming his excitement as he responded in spite of what he knew was a precarious situation.

“Awesome! I'm about 10 minutes from there! Hang tight man, help's on the way.”

Philip hung up the phone and then but his back against the pole on which it stood. He slid to the ground and closed his eyes, the raining trickling down his face a minor annoyance comparatively speaking. So many thoughts raced through his head. In an effort to quiet them as he waited he focused on just one; why did you call Adam?

The simple explanation was that Adam's was the only number he had. The assailants had taken his phone and with it every contact he had in the country. He only so happened to have written down Adam's number while they chatted via AIM after Philip had lunch earlier that day. Still, that didn't seem like the real reason so he searched deeper.

Adam portrayed a kind of confidence that seemed genuine and honest. Unlike Philip's confidence it wasn't an affectation... it was real. Philip had admired that and been drawn to it. While he found Adam attractive, he understood him to be the forbidden fruit. Even if he didn't have a long term girlfriend, he was straight. Adam's girlfriend was lucky, Philip thought, as physically Adam was nearly perfect. His naturally tanned skin, his height, his muscular body, and flawless face were the sort anyone with any sense of beauty would appreciate if not outright desire- male or female. But that was all beside the point- it was the strength he radiated and the content of his character that sealed the deal; Philip knew he wanted the two to be friends from the first time they spoke.

After pulling a black wife beater over his head, Adam affixed a ball cap to his head, kicked on a pair of Nike's, grabbed his keys and headed for his car. Some part of him was flattered that Philip called in a moment of despair. He always liked being available to help out friends when they asked. It was simply his nature. Though Adam had never met Philip he knew enough about him to know that he likely wouldn't have called if he had some other option. So he moved quickly, curious as to what he would find. Would he exemplify the personality he projected on line or would he be completely different? Would their conversation be as exhilarating in person as they were via text? As he drove the few blocks to Philip's location he found growing more excited for their first meeting, almost completely forgetting the circumstance that led to it.

Philip's eyes opened slightly, his lashes made heavy by the rain drops collected on them, as he heard the hum of an engine and saw headlights illuminate his position. His body felt very heavy and so he didn't stand up. He heard a car door open and foot falls approach his location. Adam knelt in front of him and smiled brightly at first but that salutation faded quickly as Adam noted Philip's state.

His shirt was torn in several locations. The right side of his face was swollen and under that eye the skin was puffing up to what would in a few hours be a black circle. His knees seemed to have been scrapped as a dark red circle appeared on the bend in his left leg. He was missing one shoe and to top it all off he was soaking wet. Adam had seen pictures of Philip on-line. Philip was well built, lithe, and healthy. In all of his pictures he looked off to the left or right and smirked. He seemed full of life in those pictures. What was in front of him, however, was anything but. It suddenly amazed Adam that this helpless creature had been able to dial a phone let alone communicate with anyone. How could no one have stopped to help him? Who would do such a thing?

Their eyes met and Philip did his best to compose himself. As gently as he could Adam helped Philip to his feet. Their eyes didn't deviate. Adam didn't know exactly what to say but Philip, never at a loss for words, couldn't help taking the opportunity to make a joke. He meekly extended his hand, the blood on his knuckles mixing with the water from the rain.

“I'm Philip... it's nice to meet you.”

Adam smiled and shook Philip's hand. He understood how pitiful Philip must feel and so he ushered him back to the car, eager to ease some of his suffering as quickly as he could. Once they were in the car, Adam scrambled in the backseat. There was a towel back there somewhere. He retrieved it and then got in the drivers seat. He handed the towel to Philip and offered a polite half smile.

“It's a gym towel... but I don't think I ever used it.”

Philip nodded his head. He didn't care if Adam had used it or not. He pressed it to one side of his face and then to the other, mopping up the water still trickling down from his hair. Adam watched his very coordinated operation with a sort of awe; here was this person who had been attacked, cleaning themselves up with the grace and execution of a ballerina. Taking note of the rest of him again, he spoke.

“Man... they really beat the helloutta you, huh? I'm sorry... I got here fast as I could...”

“Thank you... for coming... I just... I didn't want to walk alone...I know how stupid it is but I was... frightened.” His last word fell to a whisper. He felt his eyes start to burn again, the racing of his thoughts returning. Philip's hands fell to his lap and the towel rolled onto his lap. He was tired.

Adam took the towel without thinking and brushed it over Philip's hair and then under his eye. This terrible thing had just happened and from somewhere came an urgent need to comfort Philip however he could. Later he would recall this as the first time he responded impulsively to lend his strength to someone who needed it that so happened to be male. The gesture was nearly overwhelming for Philip and he did his best to keep from bursting into tears. That was all the cue Adam needed. This was going to be too deep, maybe for him to handle, but definitely to be handled in a car. He looked at the time and realized with a slight sense of dread that he was about to have to deliver bad news on an already rainy day.

Last edited:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
“Philip...it's Sunday. The last ferry...”

Philip sighed deeply and hung his head forward. He already knew what was coming. His house across Pudget Sound was inaccessible now because the last ferry had set sail nearly twenty minutes ago. The only recourse was to drive around and that would take hours. Silent tears fell from his eyes as he felt the sum of his helplessness reach a boiling point. Adam, being the decisive sort of person he was, put the car in drive and took off.

“Don't worry man... you can stay at my place. We'll get this worked out in the morning, cool? We can watch Arrested Development or something. I've got food and stuff?” Adam offered this refuge in such a way that placated Philip's pride without meaning to do so. Philip no ready alternative as evidenced by his reaction to the ferry being unavailable but felt considerably more grounded at the suggestion that without certain amenities he might turn it down.

His voice was all the evidence anyone would need to know the relief he suddenly felt. “You're... a life saver... thank you so much...” was all he could muster. The two drove the ten minutes in what felt like 10 seconds. Arriving at an apartment complex Adam helped Philip out of the car and noted how painful the simple act of walking seemed to be. He felt so much pity for him the emotion was palpable. Inside, Philip took inventory of the apartment while Adam shuffled off to find some dry clothing.

It was what one would imagine- a quintessential bachelor pad (though Adam wasn't truly a bachelor and the evidence of that was apparent in some of the décor.) Simple but clean and seemingly efficient, Philip appreciated it for what it was but even more for the fact that it would serve as a sanctuary. His own life and the reality of what had happened could be put on hold for the night and he could be safe, sequestered from it all.

“I don't know if these'll fit... but they're dry?” Adam posed this as a question, again, like there was some chance Philip might turn them down. Their statures were completely different. Adam was tall, muscular, and built. Philip had a swimmer's build, was shorter, and more waiflike in his current state. Philip smiled and held out his hand, taking the mesh basketball shorts, boxers, and tee-shirt graciously. His eyes darted around and, instantly understanding the cue, Adam spoke.

“Oh, the bathroom is the last door at the end of the hallway. There are towels and stuff in there if you wanna shower.”

Philip nodded his head and plodded off to the bathroom. He took the quickest shower of his life, rinsing the grime and filth from his body. Ordinarily he would never have been so thoughtless as to use someone elses bar of soap but he couldn't help it. After a very quick shower he dressed. Everything was too big giving Philip the look of a little boy wearing his older brothers clothing- which, given the circumstances, seemed appropriate. He held up the shorts and boxers with one hand as he made his way back to the living room. He was dry and clean. That was enough to ease some of the tension he felt.

Adam looked up and laughed, unable to help himself. “Sorry, sorry, it's just that's the smallest stuff I had and...” He continued to smirk at Philip as he gestured to the couch. “Have a seat man, I'm makin' some noodles.”

Philip watched the tv for only a few seconds before his eyes glossed over. A few minutes later Adam offered him a bowl of noodles before plopping down beside him. He cued up his Netflix and started an episode of a show he knew they both liked. The familiar opening of the show brought Philip back to the present as he grasped the fork and prepared to take a bite. The two devoured the noodles and set their bowls on the table as the episode advanced. In spite of the comedic nature of the show Philip had a hard time finding the energy to laugh. Because of his swollen ribs it hurt to do so anyway. He felt considerably better than he did out on the street but he still felt... cold. The fact was externally apparent as he shivered every so often, shaking the couch when he did.

“Aw, dude, are you cold? Hang on.”

Before Philip could respond, Adam jumped off the couch and left the room. He returned a few seconds later with a giant comforter with what looked to be tribal designs on it. He wrapped it around Philip's shoulders and sat back down. As if cued to do so, he rubbed Philip's shoulders gingerly for a few seconds before asking, “Better?”

“Much... thanks,” Philip responded in an almost dreamy, sedated voice. The episode gave way to the next and Philip felt his eyes getting heavy. Unconsciously, he slid toward Adam as his posture gave way beneath him. When his head finally made contact with Adam's shoulder, Adam chuckled a little and put his arm around Philip's shoulder. This was clearly not a sexual advance on Philip's part and Adam knew it. He didn't see any harm in being a pillar at someones moment of despair and didn't have to think on it much. Philip's head made contact with Adam's chest. He could feel his heartbeat and he felt soothed by it. Adam felt Philip's face nuzzle against him every so often and he admitted to himself it felt sort of good to be so needed by some, for someone to be so non-verbally appreciative of his presence. He felt strong and so protective. It was an odd sensation, a new one to be sure.

As the third episode ended and the fourth began, Philip's body became heavy as he perched on the edge of consciousness. The heat and pressure was more than their position would allow comfortably and so Adam gently slid Philip forward and pulled his legs long way on the couch. He put a pillow under Philip's head and then slipped onto the couch behind him. This was going to constitute spooning, Adam knew, but he would later explain to his girlfriend he did it because it felt like the right thing to do. In the moments they were separated Philip immediately felt cold again but as soon as he felt Adam's muscular chest against his back, the warmth returned. He consciously didn't press back. It was enough that he was there and that he could feel him at all. His eyes again got heavy. As he felt Adam's powerful arm drape over him, his hand resting on the sharp part of his hip, where his torso ended and the extreme upper part of his leg began, he fell asleep. Sometime shortly thereafter, Adam followed suit.

Two or three hours later Philip opened his eyes with an immediate and intense sensation. Philip had turned at some point to face Adam who was now on his back. Philip's arm was across Adam's muscular chest and their legs were somehow intertwined. One question seemed to pierce his brain as if fired in bullet form from subconscious; were they both hard or was it only one of them?

(To be continued)

Last edited:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
“That's fine Madison! Just return the damn thing and be done with it, good lord!”

Philip yanked the glasses he only wore to work off his face in a striking motion and immediately gripped the bridge of his nose. He knew he'd snapped too harshly and that his behavior was only making the situation worse. Working in retail required grace and fortitude above all other things and this day he was displaying a reserve of neither. He apologized after looking up at a shell shocked associate then dismissed her in a fashion that couldn't have been any more defeated. She had been describing some situation with a customer but Philip hadn't really been paying attention. His entire week had gone this way. His frustration had reached a pinnacle and so he decided to take a moment to pull himself together.

He walked into a secluded, semi-private conference room away from the Customer Service counter, and closed the door behind him. Inside he flung his binder into the air, sending papers in a flurry across the large wooden table, and then collapsed into one of the several leather chairs lazily surrounding it. He kicked over a trash can from his seated position in one final outburst of consternation. Sighing heavily he closed his eyes, their lids weighted by the stress he seemed unable to shake.

What was wrong with him? Working in retail had its fair share of headaches but he'd always been able to navigate those waters before. In probing just below the surface of his turmoil he found he knew the answer already. His exhaustion and insomnia, his irritability and inability to focus were all the product of what had happened just seven days previous. As his shoulders relaxed into the warming leather of the chair, images flooded his mind and he was content to let it happen.

Shock flooded his senses. There was a sudden subtle metallic taste in his mouth, likely as not he knew, from adrenaline. His entire body radiated heat but nowhere was it hotter than where his flesh met Adam's. His slender arm was draped across Adam's muscular chest. He could easily feel the ripple where one pectoral muscle stopped and the other began. Moisture, the sweat produced from their continued conjunction, lubricated the connection making the sensation exponentially more exhilarating. As immediately aware as he was of the heat and pressure from being so close to Adam's powerful body he was twice as aware that their legs had engaged in some sort of clumsy waltz, ending in their being inexorably intertwined.

Philip, laying on his right side, had his left leg snaked around Adam's right leg, his knee somehow hovering just below where Adam's legs came together. With each deep breath either of them took the connection was made tighter, only adding pressure to an erection Philip never intended to have. Between the shock of the realization, the sensations overloading his senses, and the precarious nature of this midnight alliance, Philip knew sweat wasn't going to be the only moisture they shared if this activity persisted. He imagined it already wasn't but he didn't dare check. Even the slightest of movements might destroy the universe in which they, in that moment, comfortably existed. But what to do? How to proceed and whether or not proceed at all were questions colliding in his mind to which he had no answer.

As a sense of urgency and panic grew into a frenzy a sudden movement offered what might be a reprieve. Drenched in moonlight, yet half covered in shadows created by the blanket that had clumsily been discarded to the back of the couch, Philip watched in silence as Adam's left hand reached swiftly to just above where Philip's right knee bent to make possible the connection between their lower halves. With all the expertise of a sculptor, Adam's hand grasped and began to fondle the tent in his black basketball shorts, so unabashedly Philip actually heard him sigh so loudly it was almost a moan.

“Philip...? Philip...?! Is everything alright?”

Philip shook his head, spun in the chair, and immediately stood up to face the person with the query. He was suddenly back at as his corporate box, conducting the mundane business of satiating the American consumer. He dusted himself off as though he'd physically been doing something that would have sullied his clothing, half smiled, and then responded.

“Yes, yes... I'm fine. I've just been... I've had some personal issues to deal with but I assure you they won't interfere with my work.”

“I'm not worried about that,” his senior manager said in respectful yet concerned voice. “I know when things like what happened to you happen, they sometimes have unintended consequences. If you need some time...”

“I don't. I'm fine. Do we have updated numbers from last hour?”

The two then engaged in shop talk. Philip was thankful he'd worn black pants and tight underwear that day. Standing in anything more revealing would have made the erection he had from the memory apparent and obvious to anyone looking at him. “Dodged that bullet,” he would say to himself later.

Kate looked down at Adam's face. His features truly were perfect, she thought. His lips were full and had a natural red hue to them. His nose was somewhere between broad and slender that seemed tailored specifically to suit him. His brown eyes were piercing but they were honest and inviting. His jet black hair, while short, was soft. She leaned forward to kiss him on the mouth, the passion behind it apparent. She leaned back up and smiled, the movement of her body allowing Adam's softening cock to unceremoniously flop out of her body and onto his stomach. She ran her hand across his cheek before dismounting him and rolling to his left.

“Is...everything alright darling? You seemed kind of distant?” Her voice was pure, not unlike his, and to hear it issued with a sense of distress gave one a feeling of guilt that was as indescribable as it was irrational.

“Oh, yea baby, everything's fine. I'm just really tired from all the stuff at school... heh.” Still somewhat breathless from having been ridden for the past half hour he'd managed to find the words fairly quickly. He was telling her the truth but he hadn't been able to tell her the entire truth. The two had been together for several years. The truth didn't always present itself in every scenario right away but he knew that eventually it always did. That being the case he tried to dismiss his omission but found it growing more difficult as time went by. It had been a week since he'd met Philip. Their encounter wasn't what troubled him though. What troubled him was that he worried about Philip almost constantly in a way he couldn't explain... and yet because of their encounter, he hadn't found the strength or courage to contact him, only making his worry intensify.

“I've got some studying to do, okay? I'm gonna take a shower but I can go in the living room if you want?”

Usually their love making ended with the two of them snuggling for hours and falling asleep in one another's arms. That had become untenable as both had schedules that demanded a great detail of effort to maintain. So when Adam responded he knew his indifference wouldn't be misinterpreted as anything but fatigue.

“That's fine baby... I'm gonna try to get some sleep. I've got a really early morning tomorrow and a bunch of errands to run.”

She kissed his cheek tenderly and then bounded out of the bed, headed for the shower. Adam rolled onto his side and stared at the wall. He didn't even bother to turn on the tv, something he almost always did before actually settling in for bed. He really was tired and he knew why... just not why what was making him tired was having that effect; why was he concerned at all for this relative stranger? Why was he concerned to the level he was concerned? And if he was so concerned why didn't he just pick up the damn phone?

Philip had been so terrified... he'd been so vulnerable... he'd been so in need of Adam, and that was the justification Adam repeated in his head- “I did what he needed someone to do... that's all.” But some part of him knew that wasn't all Philip needed. Some part of him sensed just how shaken Philip had been. “I didn't do anything gay,” Adam told himself, “I did... it just happened.” As his eyes closed and he started to drift off to sleep, the sound of the shower running brought him back to that night, and to the events that had preoccupied his thoughts in a way nothing else had since he'd met Kate.

It was dark. It was hot too... why was it so hot? As his mind fluttered into consciousness he took inventory of his body. He was really sweaty. There was an arm across his chest and his right leg was wrapped up with another leg with a knee radiating heat just below his crotch. What was going on here? Kate was out of tow... it was Philip. He'd rescued Philip from the side of the road. But how did they get here? They'd fallen asleep watching Arrested Development... there was no alcohol involved so...

As the thoughts stampeded through his brain he was suddenly aware of another circumstance; he was hard... and if the subtle gyration against his thigh was any indication, he wasn't the only one. He reached down to adjust the way his hardon had grown in his shorts. Once that was taken care of his mind raced as to what he would do next but it seemingly came to him so quickly he didn't process the ramifications or motivations for his actions. He knew only that this was a tender moment- one that could liberate or devastate depending on what he did next. Their entire evening had been spent together in the pursuit of a shared peace. He wouldn't destroy that by acting brashly but it would be a long time before he knew if that was his only motivation for doing what he was about to do.

He freed his left arm from underneath the pillows that were underneath Philip's head. With it he used all the might his toned arm could muster to pull Philip tighter to him, straightening Philip's body, until he was able to push him entirely on top of him. It wasn't hard as Philip was very light, in keeping Adam thought, with the delicate way in which he viewed him. The darkness brought a sense of privacy that allowed an abandon that would otherwise have been impossible. Clumsily, they embraced one another, Adam being careful not to squeeze or yank to hard at Philip's taxed and damaged body.

After sliding Philip up by putting his hands under his arm pits and pulling, their crotches met and ground into one another through the thin material of their shorts. At first Philip struggled to keep his borrowed clothing on his body but the struggle proved in vain as the silky shorts slid effortlessly lower with each thrust from Adam's considerably more muscular legs. The two ground into one another, the sweat from Philip's forehead dripping onto Adam's heaving chest as they did. Adam, wracked with the sensation, put his hands on Philip's hips so as to hold him in place and increase the pressure the two exerted on one another. Swept up in the confusion and passion this moment generated, Philip leaned down and kissed Adam on the mouth, his sense of tact and caution completely abandoned. Adam nearly turned his head in protest but instead, accepted the kiss without much reciprocation. Instead, he thrust harder and squeezed Philip's hips even more deeply. Philip whimpered and almost issued a verbal objection that it hurt but decided against it, fearing any spoken word would cause the moment to evaporate. The two continued this for several minutes more before Philip's breathing turned into more of a high pitched whine. Knowing this meant his climax couldn't be far away, Adam thrust more deeply against Philip's crotch until he too was at the brink of coming. Finally, nearly simultaneously, the two ejaculated. The wetness quickly soaked through the fabric of Adam's shorts. In Philip's case there was no such barrier and his cum sprayed across Adam's six pack and onto his sheets.

Philip collapsed into Adam's chest where he immediately grasped him tightly, shivering in the afterglow of what had just taken place. Adam, his head swimming from contradictory feelings and courses of action, somewhat took flight from his senses, and just passed his hand back and forth over Philip's back until the two fell asleep again about half an hour later, cummy, sweaty, tired, and in both persons, confused.

The next morning Philip woke up, again, with a start. This time he was alone. He looked about the room and found a note on the table in front of the couch, atop his clean laundry.

“Dear Philip, there wasn't much I could do about your tee-shirt. It's ripped up pretty bad. There are some in the closet in my bedroom though. Feel free to take one of those. I washed your jeans though and they should be good to go. I also found some flip flops I think'll fit you since you lost a shoe. There's a $20 on the counter so you can get back to the ferry. Sorry I couldn't take you myself. I have class this morning. Talk to you soon Philip.

Adam”

Philip dressed as quickly as he was able, grabbed the twenty bucks off the table, and darted out of the apartment like the fairies from fables. He didn't know what it was that had happened. All he knew was that he wanted to put some distance between the day before and this day as soon as possible.

(To be continued. Thanks for all the support! I'm going to try my best to update weekly.)

D

deleted12830

that was great!! amazing way of teasing us and keeping us hooked ;)
keep it coming m8!