ADAM LAMBERT: American Idol Winner

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by MichiganRico, Apr 8, 2009.

1. MichiganRico

Gold Member

Some new pics of Adam Lambert from last night's AI performance of the Donnie Darko version of "Mad World." This guy is destined to win AI...and even if he doesn't for whatever lame reason, he'll still be a huge recording artist in the very near future. (He's probably already working on his first album compliments of 19 Entertainment. How often do you see Simon Cowell give a standing ovation to any performer? Cowell's already counting his $$$, pounds and euros--he's knows a bankable winner when he sees/hears one.)

fmforums > Adam Lambert

2. starstruck

starstruck New Member

I wish I could buy stock in Adam Lambert's future. It is going to be HUGE !

3. D_Rock_ N_Hardon

D_Rock_ N_Hardon Account Disabled

Albums:
    Isn't the title of this thread misleading?

4. MichiganRico

Gold Member

Uh, no. This dude's a winner irrespective of what happens to him from now until the end of the AI season...death notwithstanding.

5. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

The guy won't be everyone's cup of tea, but his gifts are undeniable.
    I can't recall a more powerful, original, or versatile AI contestant. (Mind you, I don't watch much.)
    Even if the show ended tomorrow and no winner was announced, that kid is already well launched.

6. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Simon has been the most critical of Adam from the start. American Idol contestants don't make Simon any money, he works for Sony Corp or at least had. American Idol is a production of Simon Fuller and the record company is 19 Entertainment which is also lead by Simon Fuller. It's possible someone else might pick him up but I doubt it would be Simon Cowell.

#6 Deno, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. rekrap

rekrap Member

Not true. Simon favors Adam to be the winner of this AI. I saw him say so myself when wabc news asked him who did he think had a chance to win this AI.

8. MichiganRico

Gold Member

According to a piece 60 Minutes did on Cowell a couple of years ago, his management/production company handled the AI winners which netted Cowell a considerable sum. I don't know if that arrangement has changed in the interim or not. (I can remember Cowell commenting as to whether or not he'd want to "produce" contestants in his critiques from past seaons, but I haven't heard the same kind of remark lately.)

9. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    AI winners and contestants are signed to 19 entertainment, its what there contracts are written to unless 19 entertainment decides otherwise as in David Archuleta's case where they chose not to pick him up.

The company has recording contracts with and/or manages or has managed former American Idol and Pop Idol participants, such as Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Blake Lewis, Katharine McPhee, Diana DeGarmo, Kellie Pickler, David Archuleta, David Cook, Kristy Lee Cook, Jordin Sparks, Will Young and Gareth Gates, as well as Annie Lennox. It has also managed many other artists, primarily from the music industry, most notably the Spice Girls and S Club 7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Recordings

10. MichiganRico

Gold Member

You did some great research. But apparently Simon does have an affiliation with Sony/BMG records as I remembered. Listen to Cowell at about 8:10 in his 60 Minutes interview.

YouTube - 60 Minutes 3/18/07. Simon Cowell interview

11. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not w/that haircut! :eek:

12. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Yup.
    That's his single biggest drawback.

13. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    The best bet would be Adam being fourth runner up and getting huge like Chris Daughtry. Unfortunately, the majority of the people who vote on idol contestants are thise who have some sort of crush or infatuation w/ them and it's obvious that Adam won't be taking any teenage girls to the prom.

14. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    He should stick to that slicked back look. Suits him much better. He looks like every other emo jerk around w/that combover. Yuck.

15. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    I know he's the favorite, but I just don't hear what everybody else seems to be hearing. He's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Is the 1980s hair metal sound back again?

Ratt, Poison, GnR, Cinderella -- I hope genre never returns.

16. visualrockstar

visualrockstar Active Member

Adam's hair is amazing I love it how it is it suites him and I happen to like that style.

17. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    Though I don't like the hair, it really does suit him. When he had it combed back he resembled Lisa Marie Presley or Wynonna Judd. His hairstyle really reshapes his face (in a good way).

18. joe1

joe1 Member

I agree with kyberneticka-I'm not hearing what everyone else is hearing either. He is VERY talented-no doubt-but do you really want an album wherein every single song has several LOOOOOONNNGGGG loud screeching notes that are not even a words - just painful screams. I also have a feeling that the guy lives his life in costume.
    And on a side note- Am I the only one who thinks that lately the word "amazing" is the most OVERUSED word in the english language? It's everywhere!! Dinner is amazing, weather is amazing, shoes are amazing!!
    The other day I casually asked someone, "How's it going?" Their answer-
    "amazing!" The word is defined as "causing great surprise or sudden wonder". People don't even realize what they are saying! I know it's trivial but we all have our pet peeves! Adam Lambert is good but neither he nor his haircut cause me great surprise or sudden wonder! I will now step off my soapbox. Thanks for letting me vent!! HA!

19. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Look people, get over it. Hairstyle, clothing, styling are all a matter of personal taste. Those of you that like his style, its your taste, Those of you that dont like his style, its not YOUR taste. Doesnt mean its bad, its just your opinion, so criticizing and debating this till its death is just annoying and a waste of time, and makes you look foolish since I am sure NONE of you are authorities on style.. However, there is NO denying that the boy can SING, and for that alone, he should win. My 2nd pic = Allison..

20. chuck216

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    He actually reminds me of Freddy Mercury... amazing vocal range and can probably sing anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted