ADAM LAMBERT: American Idol Winner

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He actually reminds me of Freddy Mercury... amazing vocal range and can probably sing anything.

You're comparing a talent show (sorta) contestant to, quite possibly, the greatest live entertainer that ever lived?

Let's get back to reality here and say Adam Lambert is very good, but that's all he is. I'm glad forum posts are forever (relatively speaking) because we'll look back at this thread someday and have a good laugh.

Reactions: Smithy6

chuck216

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're comparing a talent show (sorta) contestant to, quite possibly, the greatest live entertainer that ever lived?

Let's get back to reality here and say Adam Lambert is very good, but that's all he is. I'm glad forum posts are forever (relatively speaking) because we'll look back at this thread someday and have a good laugh.

Not comparing, just noticing similarities. Nobody will ever be the Equal of Freddy Mercury. But Adam is the closest thing I've seen from a new singer in years. Also the world seems to have the same "blindness" about Adam's sexuality as they did about Freddy's. Not that they don't care he's gay, but rather that they don't realize it.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also the world seems to have the same "blindness" about Adam's sexuality as they did about Freddy's. Not that they don't care he's gay, but rather that they don't realize it..

Is Adam even attempting to hide his sexuality? He seems pretty blatantly out. If America's teenage girls and soccer moms don't know he's gay, then they probably don't want to know. This is fine. I'm very happy that Freddy's sexuality was never an issue (at least not in my house growing up). My mom, who is NOT friendly towards gays still loves Freddy Mercury. I think she mistook his bushy mustache for machismo. :)

DiabloBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't care if Adam Lambert is gay, straight or inbetween either, and I don't think pictures of him kissing a guy necessarily prove anything. I trust you all have seen them?

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Been reading the blogs on Adam, and it appears people are "over" the fact that he is gay. His versatility, consistency, and awesome voice are winning them over, as it should. What does his sexuality have to do with anything. Tween girls can still fantasize over him, and his music has wide audience appeal. GO ADAM !!!

D

deleted244310

I find his voice to be quite annoying. I would definitely not even consider buying anything he recorded.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find his voice to be quite annoying. I would definitely not even consider buying anything he recorded.

It grates on my nerves as well. I'll admit he's very talented, but his voice just isn't my cup of tea. I'd much rather listen to Gokey or Allison, but I think Allison's voice is built specifically for rock music.

I just wish the show was judged on actual talent on not who's the cutest or most-popular with the teenage girls and housewives.

mahogany

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think this year is the most talented I have seen in a while. I really couldn't be mad if either Adam, Danny Gokey, Matt Giraud, Allison or Lil Rounds won. Right now I think it is sizing up with the top three ending up being Adam, Matt and Danny. They all have different styles, it comes down to their song choice. They all seem to know their strengths with perhaps the exception being MAtt who goes back in forth between r&b/soul and rock. When he does rock it sounds like he's TRYING to sing rock, where with soul he just has a knack for it. I think we will see at least 4 of them get major to mid major record deals and do well.

Media
It grates on my nerves as well. I'll admit he's very talented, but his voice just isn't my cup of tea. I'd much rather listen to Gokey or Allison, but I think Allison's voice is built specifically for rock music.

I just wish the show was judged on actual talent on not who's the cutest or most-popular with the teenage girls and housewives.

It is based on talent, in my opinion, because everything he sings is for his genre of music, and everything is on key and isnt pitchy and it suits his personality. He doesn't struggle to sing it and it's flawless. Yes, i agree..it's kinda !!!!!!!!!! cover your ears !!!!!!!! at times, but people out there like that kind of stuff so yeah. He would def be going home if he tried to hit that high note and be way off, but he's not. Just my 2 cents worth :) *Go allison!*

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is based on talent, in my opinion *Go allison!*

It's only based on talent until about the top 10 or so. After that the show is strictly a popularity contest. We've seen the less-talented win in the past (just as recent as last season, for example).

I'm telling you. Teenager girls and housewives vote for who they have the biggest crush on. LUCKILY the 2nd & 3rd place "contestants" get recording contracts as well.

and yeah, GO ALLISON! I'm afraid she's doomed soon, but she's got nothing to worry about. She's got what it takes to make it without the AI title.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's only based on talent until about the top 10 or so. After that the show is strictly a popularity contest. We've seen the less-talented win in the past (just as recent as last season, for example).

I'm telling you. Teenager girls and housewives vote for who they have the biggest crush on. LUCKILY the 2nd & 3rd place "contestants" get recording contracts as well.

and yeah, GO ALLISON! I'm afraid she's doomed soon, but she's got nothing to worry about. She's got what it takes to make it without the AI title.

I acknowledge there's some truth in what you're saying, but unless the "teenager girls and housewives" are lesbians, how do you explain so many female AI winners?

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I acknowledge there's some truth in what you're saying, but unless the "teenager girls and housewives" are lesbians, how do you explain so many female AI winners?

You got me there. ..but not all crushes are sexual. Maybe the girls were just more likable.

My mom, for instance, HATES Allison because of her red hair and clothing. I told her it's a singing competition, and she should close her eyes and listen to them instead.

mark115

Cherished Member
Media
adam's hair is better now. it's a bit shorter and he looks cleaner.
PS i think lil should've been booted., she's starting to be irritating.

bigstuf20

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll be honest, I hadn't noticed Lil's ass until last night, and boy did I notice it then, but anyway, I think Adam will win just because of the genre he sings, but I actually think he has a good voice, i just don't like the genre he sings. But the sad fact is, he would be awful at singing anything else. Personally, I like Kris, Danny, and Allison, but I don't think any of them have as big of a popularity following as Adam. And no, I didn't notice the bulge Tuesday night.