ADAM LAMBERT: American Idol Winner

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Call me crazy but I kind of think he almost transcends sexuality. Just like Tim Tebow made it cool to be religious and be a dominant collegiate football player ... [phil 4:13].

4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I like it Skull.

.... Lambert makes it cool to be gay and proud...and glam.

You go, grrrrl.
Makes far more impression coming from a straight man ... which we, provisionally, still assume you are.:cool:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All right, my darling, now you've crossed the line. As a 100% straight man you're not really in a position to make that statement, although it's clear your man-crush on Ms. Lambert has made you queer for Adam and you've lost the last vestiges of objectivity. As a gay man, I can honestly tell you that despite his obvious talent, the last thing that he does is make me feel "gay and proud and glam" and that that is precisely what irritates me about him. [Oh, that and his wailing.] So, please, back away from that one. :wink:

I find absolutely no need to back away from that one. You and me exist in a separate world. I am part of a younger generation that yes does in fact find inspiration in Adam and his sexuality. Just because I am 100% straight does not disqualify me from being in a position to make these statements.

If anything, I think your age [which i admittedly don't know but assume is older than I] disqualifies you from having any idea whatsoever what goes on in the mind of this younger generation, and how YES in fact there are boat loads of teens who now feel some pride and feel proud to be who they are because Adam has shown them that it is ok to be proud of it. Just go on the american idol forums and look at the thousands of threads on him, a number of them about his sexuality and the sexuality of this newer generation and the empowerment they feel now. It is YOUR generation where being gay will never be fully accepted and always be looked at as taboo.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It is YOUR generation where being gay will never be fully accepted and always be looked at as taboo.

I was being vaguely facetious so I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you but a) you ought not to be making age assumptions and b) you couldn't be more wrong about "my generation's" perceptions on being gay. The presumptions you're making went out in the 50s.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you guys fascinated with the Lambert enigma or each other!

I was tremendously impressed how Cook took Mariah's "Always Be My Baby" and made it his own song without falling flat on his face. That showed real talent.

Adam is superb, but some of the screaming gets old.

Cook may have won the season but he isn't the winner. As far as records sold the platinum award issued to David during the American Idol show was depicting 500,000 copies shipped not sold. David A runner up sold 1.5 million copies of his first single making him one of the best selling artist from American Idol. He also has one of the best records as a digital release.

Last edited:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was being vaguely facetious so I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you but a) you ought not to be making age assumptions and b) you couldn't be more wrong about "my generation's" perceptions on being gay. The presumptions you're making went out in the 50s.

Bygones be bygones. Lambert the Guru is still #1 though!!!

chesschess

Cherished Member
Media
Are you guys fascinated with the Lambert enigma or each other!

Cook may have won the season but he isn't the winner. As far as records sold the platinum award issued to David during the American Idol show was depicting 500,000 copies shipped not sold. David A runner up sold 1.5 million copies of his first single making him one of the best selling artist from American Idol. He also has one of the best records as a digital release.

I would have been happy with either David winning last year. I thought they both were very talented in their own way. However, what I've heard of David A's album so far has sounded like bubblegum music, and if the song David C. sang on AI was any indication of his new album, I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well the interplay between Skull and Nick8 is hotter than Adam Lambert. I am waiting for the mud wrestling picks with them both in jockstraps. Oh, BTW, did anyone notice my Adam Lambert inspired makeover in the avatar ? LOL

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would have been happy with either David winning last year. I thought they both were very talented in their own way. However, what I've heard of David A's album so far has sounded like bubblegum music, and if the song David C. sang on AI was any indication of his new album, I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed.

Both of those guys are children compared to the prowess of Lambert the Great.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well the interplay between Skull and Nick8 is hotter than Adam Lambert. I am waiting for the mud wrestling picks with them both in jockstraps. Oh, BTW, did anyone notice my Adam Lambert inspired makeover in the avatar ? LOL

Don't be silly, JJ. We do it in jello.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG, Where are the fucking Kleenex. Better then Mad World. I thought Paula was gonna cry too.

queerunity

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Title of thread is misleading, I hope he wins though. Has he officially publicly come out? I know he has photos but has he stated it?

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Title of thread is misleading, I hope he wins though. Has he officially publicly come out? I know he has photos but has he stated it?

Another absolutely incredible performance. As for the public "coming out," why should he at this point in the competition? Better to leave things as they are. He certainly isn't hiding anything from public view and isn't lying through his teeth like some other Idol performers.