Adam Lambert stands tall

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I`m not homophobic at all. I did find him creepy and derivative of Ashley MacIsaac. And Justin Timberlake. And probably half a dozen others I cant think of right now.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a good album. And I don't care what you say, the dude has some fucking BALLS to go up there and do what he did. He will be around far longer than a lot of you haters would like. Long live Adam Lambert.

"Balls" indeed! He's a trailblazer.

It is a good album for the most part. I bought it to really listen and pay attention since his genre musically is not my taste.

Flashy said:
it just seems to me, (from a personal standpoint) that one would want their first ever album to make it or impress based on the strength of the music, not some silly statement that the artist claimed he was making (then claimed he was not making)

But his worth does stand on the "strength of the music". I suggest you listen to his album entirely. Then you have a right to objective opinion. Not before.

Lambert performed on Letterman last night. He's a larger-than-life talent and personality. His voice is wonderful and his stage presence commanding.

You're right Skull Mason he'll be around far longer than his detractors. My idea that most of the dislike of this artist is founded in his homosexuality is (pretty much) reinforced by much of what's written in this thread.

Flashy said:
if he knows precisely what he's doing, then why would he be backtracking and apologizing?

Do you simply post without any knowledge of your topic?

"backtracking"? Where? Give me a quote where he's backtracked from anything he's said post his AMA performance. Back it up.

He has not apologized other than to say he's "sorry if he offended". He's not sorry for his performance in the least He's said he stands by his performance and his opinion of the double standard. He said "it was not [his] intention to offend". In my view it was his intention to level the playing field. He's sly as a fox. Not only is he talented and confident but he has the courage of his convictions. Whaddya know an entirely well-adjusted, confident, and talented gay man. Pity he threatens heterosexual men so. But to hell with those he does. Don't particularly like rock music but I like this gay man in the straight public's face.

Bravo Adam.

Flashy said:
as for Freddie, while he was not "openly" gay to the public, that is not really true at all. pretty much everyone i knew, (and i was about 9) believed he was based on what we heard from older kids who liked Queen and the interviews we read

Freddie Mercury was ashamed of his homosexuality. During a time when his coming out could have been of REAL VALUE to an ailing community he hid it intentionally (no matter what you thought the general public knew) and never admitted it even to his family though they were entirely aware of it as his LOGO documentary attests. The only ones who were privy to his hedonistic homosexuality (because it was) were the others in Queen. Freddie was terribly talented all the while a victim of his Indian cultural heritage when it comes to his homosexuality. Adam Lambert on the other hand stands proud and overtly confident as my thread title states.

He's what we (gay men) need. He's the genuine article. Plus from every interview I've seen he comes across as an extremely nice fellow.

Flashy?

Do you make it intentionally difficult to post with you or are you simply this confrontational simply for confrontation's sake? It's either that or you're just not bright. Either way it's really tedious.

Wait. Answered my own question. Just found this:

flashy said:
he was married to a woman but he was openly bi- during that whole time and it was well known throughout the music industry that his wife was his best friend, more than his "lover".

....... and so .................. you're saying what?

Jesus titty-fucking Christ. You are this dense.

To quote Mr. Shakespeare:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5

Life is not a formula Flashy:rolleyes:

dcarro said:
I'm not homophobic at all.

I have several black friends.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's a trailblazer.
he's not a trailblazer. he is a karaoke contest winner who contrived a "controversy" to get some publicity. :rolleyes:

Bowie blazed this trail 40 years ago, you fool.

But his worth does stand on the "strength of the music". I suggest you listen to his album entirely. Then you have a right to objective opinion. Not before.
i did, on amazon. it sucks.

it is pop,electronica garbage & he only even contributed to writing 4 of the songs.

that is my objective opinion.

i suggest you fuck off.
Lambert performed on Letterman last night. He's a larger-than-life talent and personality. His voice is wonderful and his stage presence commanding.
larger than life? Commanding? lol.

You're right Skull Mason he'll be around far longer than his detractors. My idea that most of the dislike of this artist is founded in his homosexuality is (pretty much) reinforced by much of what's written in this thread.
oh, his homsexuality is the cause of the dislike, this thread is the reinforcement?

you are full of shit.

there have been tons of talented bi & openly gay singers, who straight people like for their *MUSIC*.

let's see

Elton John
Freddie Mercury
DAvid Bowie
Michael Stipe

to name a couple.

Do you simply post without any knowledge of your topic?
no, but you do.

"backtracking"? Where? Give me a quote where he's backtracked from anything he's said post his AMA performance. Back it up.
it is already public record...do you post without any knowledge of your topic?

maybe *YOU* should back up your assertions.

first, he told Rolling Stone:
"Female performers have been doing this for years — pushing the envelope about sexuality — and the minute a man does it, everybody freaks out. We're in 2009 — it's time to take risks, be a little more brave, time to open people's eyes and if it offends them, then maybe I'm not for them. My goal was not to piss people off, it was to promote freedom of expression and artistic freedom."

then he told CBS:

“I admit I did get carried away, but I don’t see anything wrong with it. I do see how people got offended and that was not my intention. My intention was to interpret the lyrics of my song and have a good time with it.”

-

he is flat out lying, or backtracking either way, & he did it to drum up publicity, nothing more.

He has not apologized other than to say he's "sorry if he offended". He's not sorry for his performance in the least He's said he stands by his performance and his opinion of the double standard.
yet he admits he got "carried away". so he implies that he knows he fucked up but wont admit it, since he either did it deliberately & is now lying that he did not, or, he did get carried away.

He said "it was not [his] intention to offend".
oh, sure it wasn't. you stick a dude's face in your crotch on national TV...who could possibly think someone would not be offended? :rolleyes:

In my view it was his intention to level the playing field. He's sly as a fox.
oh, yes, so sly. he intentionally did it, then instead of owning it, says he got "carried away", to calm down the furor, which, hasn't even been that big since most people don't care since everyone knew he was gay anyway. this guy had to "come out" a 2nd time on a big stage, even though everyone already knew he was out. what a joke.

that's not sly. it is a cheap, obvious publicity stunt.
Not only is he talented and confident but he has the courage of his convictions. Whaddya know an entirely well-adjusted, confident, and talented gay man.

Bravo Adam.
ah yes. so courageous. he is already openly gay, but contrived a brand new controversy to focus on his gayness, since it was not even considered a big deal before. so he deliberately chose to use his gayness to cause a controversy to to drum up support for his album.

now he's everywhere talking about it

Pity he threatens heterosexual men so. But to hell with those he does. Don't particularly like rock music but I like this gay man in the straight public's face.
LOL. you are so full of shit, stronzo. he is not a threat, he is just a publicity hungry asshole.

you show what you know if you consider his music "rock".

as for getting in "the straight public's face". wow, what a hero. it was about as tactful as Madonna crucifying herself on a glittering cross. :rolleyes:
Freddie Mercury was ashamed of his homosexuality. During a time when his coming out could have been of REAL VALUE to an ailing community he hid it intentionally (no matter what you thought the general public knew) and never admitted it even to his family though they were entirely aware of it as his LOGO documentary attests.
LOL. he was not ashamed of it, he just chose not to make it an issue. not every gay person has a responsibility to get in anyone's face, unlike you believe Stronzo. It is *THEIR* choice.

why admit something to your family when they are aware of it? He was gay, he chose to live that way. should he have hired a skywriter?

you're an idiot

The only ones who were privy to his hedonistic homosexuality (because it was) were the others in Queen. Freddie was terribly talented all the while a victim of his Indian cultural heritage when it comes to his homosexuality.
oh yes, nobody else other than the folks in Queen knew he was so hedonistic. not the dozens of dudes he hooked up with, or anyone else. :rolleyes:

Adam Lambert on the other hand stands proud and overtly confident as my thread title states.
LOL...stands proud and whines about getting carried away. since his homosexuality was not ever a controversy, he felt he had to create one. wow.

He's what we (gay men) need. He's the genuine article. Plus from every interview I've seen he comes across as an extremely nice fellow.
oh yeah, just what gay men need.
here, in a time of state propositions to overturn gay marriage statutes. when gay marriage starting to become accepted as "mainstream".
the ban on gays in the military coming up for review.
All the progress that has been made in starting to convince straight people that gays are just as normal as anyone else & most are simply decent, honest people, hoping to find love, acceptance, raise a family, then along comes Adam Lambert, a vainglorious, glammed out, publicity hungry celebrity, to get "right in the straight public's face".

yes Stronzo. he is really awesome. just when those straight people, who were coming off the fence towards tthe gay rights side, emerging from the decades of propaganda that gays were these flamboyant, hedonistic lunatics, out to seduce straight people & their children into the gay lifestyle, along comes Adam Lambert, to liplock a guy & grind a dude's face in his crotch on national TV.

that is *JUST* what the gay community needs going in these crucial times. It was just *PERFECT*

the gay community does not have enough votes on its own in support of gays' deserved civil rights. they *DEPEND* on the goodwill & decency of the many straight people, who will support them based on the fact that it is right, that they are no different, and are just normal, decent folks who just want equality.

a large percentage of straight people already believe this, like myself. for those others who are on the fence, it takes a little more tact, explanation, & assistance in helping them understand.

Then a vain, publicity hungry idiot like this sets gay rights issues back two decades with those people, many of whom were starting to come around to, if not totally understanding it, at least offering their support.

nothing turns those people away faster then a self-absorbed glam pop star-wannabe, who comes off as representative of what *YOU* stronzo, believe in. getting in their face with a guy grinding someone's face into his crotch.

yeah, it was great. :rolleyes:

It was so stupid, that even some gay organizations were upset about it

it was boring, contrived & tacky. nothing more.

frankly, i think that the majority of the gay community does not believe that Lambert represents them, nor do they want him representing them in their search for mainstream acceptance.

he is not wanted as a representative of the gay community any more than the NJ Guido is wanted to be representative of the Italian Community, or the foul-mouthed rapper is wanted to be representative of the black community, or the chincy, slumlord from Brooklyn is representative of the Jewish community.

Stronzo?
Do you make it intentionally difficult to post with you or are you simply this confrontational simply for confrontation's sake? It's either that or you're just not bright. Either way it's really tedious.
it is funny that you ask someone this. unlike you, I have never been banned for causing trouble or confrontations. i, unlike you, have never come back with multiple accounts to go after people.

spare me the "holier than thou" attitude.
you are a knucklehead. this is just more evidence of your absurdity, like your famed description of folks in the 60s having "Decency and fairplay as their primary directives".

talk about not being bright.

Wait. Answered my own question. Just found this:

....... and so .................. you're saying what?

Jesus titty-fucking Christ. You are this dense.
I wouldn't call someone dense when you deliberately left out the quotes where Mercury confirmed he was gay to journalists.

maybe you are the dense one.

obviously, you did not answer your own question since you eliminated that which proved you wrong.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To quote Mr. Shakespeare:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5

Life is not a formula Flashy:rolleyes:
wow. that was amazing. you quoted Shakespeare. thankfully, that quote can be applied to your absurd worship of the "revolutionary" Glambert.

so let us go back a bit. the fact is, Lambert did nothing unique or special. it is the same kind of cheap publicity stunt as all the others in recent years. he tried to provoke people. frankly it was boring.

he is standing, or more like crouching, on the shoulders of Gay/Bi stars who were out long before he was & are far more talented.

BOwie, Mercury, John, George Michael, Michael Stipe, Lou Reed, Boy George,

gays have been contributing hugely to music forever & all those exceptionally talented people could do it on their music alone.

Village People, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure's Andy Bell were out. they have all done far more.

answer this, stronzo the great:

if we are to assume that Lambert got "carried away" as he said & was simply taken by the moment, (cause we all know he would not plan such a controversy :rolleyes:) then what of his actions?

was it fair of him, uninvited, to liplock a woman then a man, then *GRIND* a man's face into his crotch?

if those things were unplanned, don't you think each of those individuals would be a little upset? they are doing a job & their boss, essentially made three unwanted public sexual advances of a kind.

yet we hear none of the 3 saying that he got "carried away".

he is simply a liar & a phony. he planned this all for publicity, not to be representative of gays or artistic expression. he just wanted to sell albums by creating a controversy, nothing more.

before you think Lambert is so "revolutionary", you might want to check this out. notice the kneeling fellow?

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/98/93/a7af225b9da0c9aecbc75110.L.jpg

that is David Bowie, circa 1972 with Mick Ronson. Lambert is about 37 years too late on the revolutionary scale of simulated oral sex with another male that you put him on. :rolleyes:

you are still a clown

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
an old David Bowie link from Youtube.. hmmmm.

I see reason is a pointless endeavor with you Flashy.

You don't even make a vague attempt at truth.

Flashy said:
oh, sure it wasn't. you stick a dude's face in your crotch on national TV...who could possibly think someone would not be offended..

There it is. Finally we get to that root of your discontent. I knew we'd get there. Madonna kisses Britney? No problem. No offense. Lambert kisses another dude?:eek:

We'll have none of that! Bring on the lesbians and you're cool though. Fucking double standards... no way José. You can't disguise it.

gays have been contributing hugely to music forever & all those exceptionally talented people could do it on their music alone.

oh you paragon of human rights you.. LOL!! I remain unconvinced.

RIGHT! LMAO!

They have the identical right as any straight person to flaunt their sexuality. That's where your bigotry lies. Yet you're too "offended" to see. Poor baby. You'll recover.

Tell that to Janet Jackson, Lady Ga Ga, and Madonna... then we'll chat with some sense of balance.

Offense? Get fucking real you moron. You've just outed yourself straight man.

Last edited:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
he is simply a liar & a phony. he planned this all for publicity, not to be representative of gays or artistic expression. he just wanted to sell albums by creating a controversy, nothing more.
I agree. But does this make him a bad person? I don't really care for his singing, but he's a great performer. He reminds me of Madonna: she also couldn't sing, but she was relevant and controversial and that kept her in the news. Lambert is going to be huge.

He even looks like Elvis.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree. But does this make him a bad person? I don't really care for his singing, but he's a great performer. He reminds me of Madonna: she also couldn't sing, but she was relevant and controversial and that kept her in the news. Lambert is going to be huge.

Agreed.

...and on every count. Madonna basically has a non-voice. She's a presence and a powerful one. But I dislike her voice. Vogue was the only thing I thought showcased her in any way. But as you say she was relevant and controversial and knows her own staying power. Therein lies her talent. Lambert has innate talent and he knows how to present himself shock factor and all. Too bloody bad the little straight boys get all whiny.

Flashy's offended because a guy kissed a guy on national television. Let's get to the truth and be done with it.

He even looks like Elvis

Yes. He does.

His greatest fan base is heterosexual women. Fact. Pisses them off.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flashy's offended because a guy kissed a guy on national television. Let's get to the truth and be done with it.

LOL...kiss whoever you want...actually, it was the simulated oral sex that was just as offensive if not moreso than the other part...you don't think if Justin Timberlake forced a female dancers head into his crotch on national TV there would be a cotnroversy? NOW and other groups would be furious.

do what you want...but don't do it on national TV and whine when they censor you.

and you are still a moron, Stronzo. i did not watch the show, nor did i call in to complain.

Bowie did this 37 years ago. hardly anything revolutionary in any of this...but Bowie never did morning shows to whine about anything after he pretended to fellate Mick Ronson...since he did it in concert...not on national TV, where you *KNOW* you are breaking censor rules.

how smart is that? :rolleyes:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

He even looks like Elvis.

i don't think it makes him a bad person at all...i just think he is nothing more than another typical pop faux-star of the modern age, where causing a stir is more important than making quality music.

the difference is, Madonna made great songs...this guy does not.

the controversies that Madonna caused came as a result of the songs being edgy or controversial, (Like A Virgin, Papa Don't PReach, Just Like A Prayer, Justify My Love etc.) or an accompanying performance to a quality song...

it was only when her music began to decline that all she had left was cotnroversy and posturing.

this guy creates all the controversy and posturing but does not have the music and songs to back it up the way Madonna did.

as for Lambert being "huge", well, i disagree...his album is on pace to sell 225,000 copies or so the first week. Making him 3rd behind some woman i have never head of "Susan Boyle"? who has sold in this week in her debut around 550,000 copies and Rihanna, who i also had not heard of till she got beaten up by that guy...who i also had not heard of till he beat her up.

frankly, Lambert is going to be lucky if this album goes Gold, let alone Platinum.

as an example, this year, Eminem's album "Relapse" sold 610,000 copies the first week and 9 months later, its US total stands at 1.5 million copies.

i think he (lambert) is big only on trying to stir up publicity and not much else

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LOL...kiss whoever you want...actually, it was the simulated oral sex that was just as offensive if not moreso than the other part...you don't think if Justin Timberlake forced a female dancers head into his crotch on national TV there would be a cotnroversy? NOW and other groups would be furious.

Actually, there wouldn't have been and that's part of the reason why this whole Adam Lambert outrage is a joke.

Consider this... Eminem & 50 Cent recited a rap that glorified rape and needed to be censored up to 20 times in five minutes on the same program, and not a single word has been said about that once. On top of that, imagine if you will every single Heavy Metal and/or Rock Band where the guitarist have done all sorts of simulated sex acts on stage. Someone already brought up Prince and the night he decided to bless us with his pale looking ass through a pair of leather pants. I still have to wash my eyes with Draino for seeing that one. :eek:

What Adam did on stage is nothing anyone hasn't seen before. It's just same sex, which pissed off the prudes at Disney. Because the only ones allowed to sell sex there and get away with it are the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus & The Cheetah Girls.

As for Justin Timberlake... well, he did have "Dick In A Box" where he danced around with a "gift" that appeared to be wrapped around his johnson, as for the ever popular tune "Jizz In My Pants" which is a song about premature ejaculation. But I guess the only reason that wasn't such a big controversy is because that was on NBC.

do what you want...but don't do it on national TV and whine when they censor you.

The sad thing is, they COULD have. If the show was on a seven second delay, long enough to censor every curse word from Eminem and 50 Cent, they could have either blurred or cut to a different camera view when Adam decided to do his thing on stage. There was ample warning throughout the entire show that the performance was going to be shocking.

ABC could have done something, but chose not to.
And now the image of same sex fellatio is going to be implanted in their corneas FOR-EVA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

Well, to be honest, I'm sure they thought about and maybe even contemplated it way before Adam brought it on stage. Plus, if most of those complainers got even a little spit in their nether regions they wouldn't have gone off the deep end. But I digress... :biggrin:

Bowie did this 37 years ago. hardly anything revolutionary in any of this...but Bowie never did morning shows to whine about anything after he pretended to fellate Mick Ronson...since he did it in concert...not on national TV, where you *KNOW* you are breaking censor rules.

You really think Adam was backpedalling and not playing some kind of forced lip service, do ya? I guess we're never going to see eye to eye on that one.

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
AL is one of the few people I'll actually spend the energy flipping channels in order to avoid.

he could fellate a pony and i wouldn't be offneded or interested either one. this guy will be in taylor hicks neighborhood in another 9 mos.

flashy and I rarely agree on anything but he's on the right side of history on this one.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
an old David Bowie link from Youtube.. hmmmm.

I see reason is a pointless endeavor with you Flashy.

You don't even make a vague attempt at truth.

um, yeah...it wasn't from youtube...learn how to read...it was a classic picture, from the front cover of "ROCK ON THE WILD SIDE" (GAY MALE IMAGES IN POPULAR MUSIC OF THE ROCK ERA)

it was an iconic picture.

i see obviousness is a pointless endeavor with you Stronzo, since you do not even read, clearly. the *TRUTH* was crystal clear.

BOWIE did it 37 years ago...but of course you ignored it.

There it is. Finally we get to that root of your discontent. I knew we'd get there. Madonna kisses Britney? No problem. No offense. Lambert kisses another dude?:eek:

We'll have none of that! Bring on the lesbians and you're cool though. Fucking double standards... no way José. You can't disguise it.

weren't you just complaining about my lack of "reason" above and not making even a vague attempt at truth? You would know about that, since you outright lied again...so let us examine where your quote above came in response to and what:

I said:
Originally Posted by Flashy
oh, sure it wasn't. you stick a dude's face in your crotch on national TV...who could possibly think someone would not be offended..

you said in response:

kindly show me how simulating oral sex, is the same as kissing? I made no comment about the kissing...i spoke of simulated oral sex...you then brought up Britney and Madonna kissing.

show me where exactly i said "Madonna kisses Britney, no problem, no offense"

the exact spot, Stronzo...i'll wait. Oh right...you can't...because you made it up.

as for the "root of my discontent", you are so stupid that you missed two fundamental differences:

1. I spoke of simulated oral sex being totally out of bounds on TV. I mentioned nothing about kissing...you then brought in Madonna and Britney kissing. which is not at all the same, nor did i say anything about it, did i?

2. If you wish to get technical, here, once again, we come to your fundamental ignorance of the matter.

ABC is *TERRESTRIAL* TV...that is where Lamberts actions occurred...the Spears/Madonna/Aguilera kissing you noted, took place on *MTV* which is *CABLE*.

you are aware of this thing called broadcast standards, aren't you, idiot?

guess what? network TV has different standards then MTV.

he knew he'd get censored, then whined about it.
oh you paragon of human rights you.. LOL!! I remain unconvinced.

censorship of sexually provocative acts on terrestrial TV is not a human rights issue.

nice try, you paragon of stupidity you...LOL!!! I remain convinced...of your stupidity.
RIGHT! LMAO!

They have the identical right as any straight person to flaunt their sexuality. That's where your bigotry lies. Yet you're too "offended" to see. Poor baby. You'll recover.

um yeah...i never said they didn't have the right to do it...learn how to read.

i said: "gays have been contributing hugely to music forever & all those exceptionally talented people could do it on their music alone."

David Bowie, Freddie Mercury and Elton John have been flaunting it for years, and they are among my favorite artists.

the *DIFFERENCE* my stupid friend, is that Bowie, Mercury and John's music stands up if they were doing it in a tuxedo wrapped in duct tap.

that is where your *STUPIDITY AND BIGOTRY* lies.

I have known about Bowie, John and Mercury for decades...and all their flaunting hasn't meant shit to me, since i love their music.

the fact is, Lambert has only flaunting. he is not a songwriter or a genius like those were, as such, his music is virtually irrelevant...he is all flaunt.

the only thing i am "offended" by was his blatant and obvious publicity stunt and desperate use of his sexual identity to *GET* him publicity, not the ability of his music to do it for him.

if the music does not stand up, the flaunting means nothing.

nice try, asshole.

Tell that to Janet Jackson, Lady Ga Ga, and Madonna... then we'll chat with some sense of balance.

tell what to them, exactly?

I never mentioned any of them, only Madonna after Rex discussed her.

and what would like me to tell them?

I have never even heard of LAdy Ga Ga till about two weeks ago, and if she acts like an idiot on National TV, she should be censored too. Go do cable TV if you want more artistic freedom.

as for the "sense of balance", how so? I have long discussed Madonna's useless and deliberately contrived controversial stupidity.

Frankly, i think she is an idiot, though a talented one. I think her crucifying herself and humping everything in sight on stage is lame, pathetic, deliberately provocative without being interesting, not to mention, is only there to detract from the low quality of music which declined long ago.

frankly, i think any "musician" dumb enough to try and do something "provocative" on terrestrial TV is an idiot when they know they will be censored. it is all for publicity.

it is pathetic, and a stupid attempt to get attention, and requires no intelligence whatsoever.

either provoke with your art, or don't do it at all.

as for Janet Jackson, what would you like me to say? She wanted attention...so Justin Timberlake ripped her tit out...it was totally stupid and contrived, and should have been censored.

but you and Lambert with your absurd..."oh because a gay male did it, it was a double standard" are full of shit.

I remember Janet was *CRUCIFIED* in the press, far worse than anything Lambert is getting...and Madonna,m Britney et, al have been raked across the coals far worse than Lambert has.

or do you *NOT* remember the whole Brouhaha about "wardrobe malfunctions" that caused a massive FCC debate and tons more press than this...

oh, boo hoo poor Adam Lambert....this is about 5% of the hell that Janet Jackson asked for, and *GOT*.

so spare us your whining.

Offense? Get fucking real you moron. You've just outed yourself straight man.

Offense? where? i am not offended, i think both you and Lambert are all bluster and noise, with no substance...and i am right. That is why you like him, you can both flaunt it, but you can't put the substance behind it.

LOL...and it was funny how you addressed *NONE* of the facts of the debate that i showed, and went right to the accusations of bigotry.

I have just "outed myself, straight man?" LOL.

That is funny, not only do you go right for the hetero insult, (i can only imagine your outrage had i said, you have just done such and such, "Gay Man")

So how i have i outed myself? I am not gay, so, you are suggesting i have "outed myself" as someone who is a bigot?

go ahead Stronzo, explain it. *PROVE THAT ASSERTION* If you are going to make accusations of bigotry, you better be able to back that up.

-I am on record as saying Lambert's image is in fact detrimental to the mainstream gay community, in the search for equality, which is a *FACT*.

go ahead and show how that image he put forward is a positive.

-I am on record as supporting gay marriage, gay rights, gay adoption and the repeal of don't ask don't tell.

the fact is, you are a royal scumbag and, bravo Stronzo, you are still a moron.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AL is one of the few people I'll actually spend the energy flipping channels in order to avoid.

he could fellate a pony and i wouldn't be offneded or interested either one. this guy will be in taylor hicks neighborhood in another 9 mos.

flashy and I rarely agree on anything but he's on the right side of history on this one.

thank you, i think. :tongue:

if i knew who Taylor Hicks was, i'd probably agree.

as you said, this was neither offensive nor interesting...it was just *STUPID*

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, there wouldn't have been and that's part of the reason why this whole Adam Lambert outrage is a joke.

well, i have to disagree...if Timberlake did that it would have gotten serious negative play in my book.
Consider this... Eminem & 50 Cent recited a rap that glorified rape and needed to be censored up to 20 times in five minutes on the same program, and not a single word has been said about that once.

indeed...but those were songs. not visual acts. I am against any censorship of songs, but, not on terrestrial TV.

as for Eminem and 50 Cents raps that glorified rape, I personally do not listen to their unique brand of garbage...if you would like to tell me what parts of the songs were glorifying rape, I'd listen, since i do not know the words...

i heard the introduction to the song which was stupid enough ""In this corner, weighing 175 pounds, with a record of 17 rapes, 400 assaults and four murders,The most diabolical human in the world ... Slim Shady."

i do not think that is glorifying rape anymore so than it is glorifying assault and murder, which are just as vile.

frankly, i think they are both asses.

as for no words being said, just because the media is ignoring it this time around, does not mean it was not known.

the media loves visuals...you know that. if Madonna says "i am going to lick your body from your ankle to your balls", it won't get much play...if if shethen *DOES* that on stage, it will make huge news.

music does not shock anymore these days, so shocking visuals are the new medium, which, is IMO a sad indictment of just how much MTV has ruined music.

when the visual is mroe important than the music, then music does not mean what it used to mean.

you as a DJ probably understand that...imagine if you came out with a great couple of tunes...you could probably play those tunes with as little visual fanfare as possible, and if they were great, people would still dance to them...then another DJ comes along, creates far lesser music than you do, but he incorporates visuals, and some outrageous DJ "persona" and he gets more attention and press.

to me, that is just bullshit.

i believe music is the master...not the visual...IMO.

getting back to Eminem, i believe the fact that this is Glambert's first caused cotnroversy is the reason Eminem's indiscretions in song at the show (which as i said i did not see) have not been spoken about...seriously, how much controversy, revulsion and criticism has Eminem been subjected to in the last, what, 10 years? the guy has been a walking firestorm and for good reason...so it is not like he was somehow being handled with kid-gloves.

let's face it, Eminem's song got censored, so it did not make an impact on the viewers. but if Eminem had two minions hold a woman on stage, while he simulated a forced rape, do you honestly think we would not have heard a big controversy?

On top of that, imagine if you will every single Heavy Metal and/or Rock Band where the guitarist have done all sorts of simulated sex acts on stage. Someone already brought up Prince and the night he decided to bless us with his pale looking ass through a pair of leather pants. I still have to wash my eyes with Draino for seeing that one. :eek:

certainly...but the difference is, i do not recall any of those occurring on TV Shows, with other people( meaning, when metal or rock bands play, they do not have backup dancers that they kiss or simulate oral sex on) ...also, this things happen in concert, not on TV for the most part.

i believe performers should do whatever they want in performance in their concerts...but, let's face it...TV is TV...you know what to expect.

no "performer" can be shocked when ABC, CBS, NBC wants to censor things...they have advertisers, and they can get fined alot of money by the FCC...

my thinking is that these performers should stick to CAble TV, or stop complaining...they know the boundaries.

What Adam did on stage is nothing anyone hasn't seen before. It's just same sex, which pissed off the prudes at Disney. Because the only ones allowed to sell sex there and get away with it are the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus & The Cheetah Girls.

well, in all fairness, i do not recall the last time somebody simulated oral sex on ABC.

and regardless of the silliness of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus and whatever element of of preteen sexual puberty they are appealing to, they are still not simulating oral sex on these two shows (they are shows right? I am not up on the kids these days)

As for Justin Timberlake... well, he did have "Dick In A Box" where he danced around with a "gift" that appeared to be wrapped around his johnson, as for the ever popular tune "Jizz In My Pants" which is a song about premature ejaculation. But I guess the only reason that wasn't such a big controversy is because that was on NBC.

frankly, i have not heard much of either of these, to be honest, but weren't these two music videos, produced by another company, on the records of a comedy/music group, which then played on Saturday Night Live as a separate video, which were both censored during the presentation? It says they were both censored, for broadcast television (SNL)

The sad thing is, they COULD have. If the show was on a seven second delay, long enough to censor every curse word from Eminem and 50 Cent, they could have either blurred or cut to a different camera view when Adam decided to do his thing on stage. There was ample warning throughout the entire show that the performance was going to be shocking.

well, i suppose they could have...frankly, i do not think his performance was shocking...i just thought it was stupid...like most of these other "shocking" performances.

i just find them boring and offensive in terms of their unimaginative banality.

as i have always said, if an artist wants to really impress me, *REALLY* do something...if Madonna *really* crucified herself in concert, i would absolutely respect her...but it is all just "faux"...it is not like Sid Vicious or Iggy Pop cutting themselves on stage (i am not advocating this, but it is real and genuine)

I mean come on...you are a musician and an artist yourself...what is real?

this:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/167360/Iggy+Pop.jpg

or this
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/14/article-0-051C83A50000044D-668_468x463.jpg

You really think Adam was backpedalling and not playing some kind of forced lip service, do ya? I guess we're never going to see eye to eye on that one.

that is exactly my point VB, we do see eye to eye on it...he is just lying and faux apologizing...if he is so serious he should not be so coy about it.

just come out and have the guts to say it, instead of saying "well i was in the moment" "i did not mean to offend"...BS...he meant to offend, and he planned it.

if you are going to do it, then own up to it and don't even pretend to faux apologize.

Madonna, for all her silliness, *NEVER* even offers the pretense of backtracking...she knows when she crucifies herself on a mirrored cross, no matter how dumb a stunt it is, it will infuriate catholics...which is her aim...it is pointless for her the next day to coyly say..."oh, i did not mean to offend, i was carried away by the moment, and then this giant cross came out and i felt compelled to climb it and fake a crucifixion...120 times on my concert tour" :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To say that Adam Lambert is being treated differently because he is gay is nonsense. I watched him butcher a few Bowie songs on You Tube. When Jim Morrison whipped his cock out on stage his career was over and soon after that so was his life. We all remember Janet Jackson whipping her tits out at the super bowl. Or even Elvis in the 50's bumbing and grinding. The networks filmed him above the waist. Gay or straight when all is said and done we are just people. So to lighten up this thread i post this wonderful bit of gender bending. WARNING ! Don't try this at home unless you have the clothes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRODPlfhys

David Bowie- Boys Keep Swinging

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To say that Adam Lambert is being treated differently because he is gay is nonsense. I watched him butcher a few Bowie songs on You Tube. When Jim Morrison whipped his cock out on stage his career was over and soon after that so was his life. We all remember Janet Jackson whipping her tits out at the super bowl. Or even Elvis in the 50's bumbing and grinding. The networks filmed him above the waist. Gay or straight when all said and done we are just people. So to lighten up this thread i post this wonderful bit of gender bending. WARNING ! Don't try this at home unless you have the clothes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRODPlfhys

David Bowie- Boys Keep Swinging

well said snakey.

I read the article in the Guardian, and the view here seems to be it caused a problem more due to the sexual aggression in his act, rather than the gay kiss.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mr.Snakey said:
To say that Adam Lambert is being treated differently because he is gay is nonsense.

Mr. Snakey. I don't know if you're gay or not but if you're not you cannot possibly have the perspective or spin on this thing a gay man has. It's real and it's there. It's that kiss that sealed the level of "offense" taken by so many. Nothing else.
But I'm awfully glad Lambert did it. I repeat; he's an activist. And he knows just how to get his point across and promote his career. It's genius.

If you are a gay man and don't see the reality behind this controversy I'd say your head's buried nicely in the sand.

Flashy ?

You're tireless. I've not read your endless efforts to attack and contradict every last opinion I have since it accomplishes nothing but more of same. It's your style that's offensive. You appear mannerless to me and that, for this writer, is intolerable.

Last edited:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mr. Snakey. I don't know if you're gay or not but if you're not you cannot possibly have the perspective or spin on this thing a gay man has. It's real and it's there.
If you are a gay man and don't see the reality behind this controversy I think your head's buried nicely in the sand.

Flashy ?

You're tireless. I've not read your endless efforts to attack and contradict every last opinion I have since it accomplishes nothing but more of same. It's your style that's offensive. You appear mannerless to me and that, for this writer, is intolerable.
Sir. i think you have issues and i suggest you tend to them. Get well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.