Adam Sandler movies

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
For a while, say 5 years ago, I dreaded renting movies with the guys because they always wanted to see an Adam Sandler movie. I guess that I've seen all of his movies now. I've seen Happy Gilmore about 3 or 4 times. I'd rather be dipped in acid than see Little Nicky again. Punch Drunk Love is the only one that I've liked. It's the only non-comedy too. Coincidence?

Reactions: Stratavos

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does Jack Nicholson make sophomoric queer jokes in all his movies? Maybe I'm missing something... and it's not like I'm offended, I'm just yawning and rolling my eyes. I would feel the same way if every Queen Latifah movie had her trotting onto the set with a big smile and a plate of chitlins and watermelon. Tired old cliches.

That's about what I expected. Funny thing is, my next door neighbor (a sweet, young straight woman) came over for a glass of wine last night, and she brought up the subject of "I now pronounce you..." without any prompting from me. She went to see it with a friend, and told me the whole movie made her uncomfortable because of all the tired old queer jokes and stupid straight guy references. It tried to have some redeeming qualities, in that the Sandler character begins to "see what it's like on the other side," but she said that it didn't make up for how awful the entire script was.

I think you're being overly sensitive and critical over a stupid movie, it's not real life, get over it ! I probably won't see it until it's on cable anyways and it is shown back to back to back in an Adam Sandler film gala on TBS or any of those other stations that show the movies in series like that on the weekend.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you're being overly sensitive and critical over a stupid movie, it's not real life, get over it ! I probably won't see it until it's on cable anyways and it is shown back to back to back in an Adam Sandler film gala on TBS or any of those other stations that show the movies in series like that on the weekend.
Please, don't be an idiot. I'm not being overly sensitive, and you are the one who needs to get over it (whatever "it" is.) I asked a simple question or two, I didn't call for a boycott. In the context of your previous post, you insinuated that Jack Nicholson also makes lots of queer jokes in all his movies. I'm saying I've not noticed that. You do understand, don't you?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please, don't be an idiot. I'm not being overly sensitive, and you are the one who needs to get over it (whatever "it" is.) I asked a simple question or two, I didn't call for a boycott. In the context of your previous post, you insinuated that Jack Nicholson also makes lots of queer jokes in all his movies. I'm saying I've not noticed that. You do understand, don't you?

Yes I do understand. But how could you not notice Nicholson's queer jokes. The entire movie his character was a homophobe ("As good as it gets !"). And you guessed it, "Anger Management", co-starred with dare I say it ? Adam Sandler ? But that was an Adam Sandler movie and not a Jack Nicholson film ?

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just talking about this with my friends a couple of weeks ago. Adam Sandler's comedy demographic is 15-35 year old straight white boys (and I say "boys" purposely) whose attitude is reflected in every single character played in his movies...minus "Little Nicky" and "the Waterboy."

Ignorant, pompous assholes with absolutely no direction or purpose in life until the last act. That's who he plays and that's who loves him.

Him co-starring with other genre actors helps to somewhat "dilude" this overbearing stereotype for the rest of the people who don't identify with his "demographic."

It doesn't work most of the time, but at least there are always some funny quotes gleened that will become constants in watercooler conversation for the next eight to ten years...wait, is that something to look forward to?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes I do understand. But how could you not notice Nicholson's queer jokes. The entire movie his character was a homophobe ("As good as it gets !"). And you guessed it, "Anger Management", co-starred with dare I say it ? Adam Sandler ? But that was an Adam Sandler movie and not a Jack Nicholson film ?
I have not seen "As Good As It Gets" nor "Anger Management." So I can't comment on those. Jack has done some 58 films; you mention two in which he makes the 5th grade sex jokes. Adam has done some 30 movies, and of those I'm in the least familiar with, at least 10 are pretty much the same 5th grade sex joke character with a different name. But you are obviously a Sandler fan, and that's ok.

Reactions: Stratavos

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What a waste of space.I liked Waterboy and The Longest Yard but Adam Sandler has a lot of nerve bashing gays!He ain't no spring chicken that's for sure.Hopefully this movie will tank like all his other ones.Like Anger Management god what crap that film was!Kevin James ain't funny either he was so boring in King of Queens.No wonder that show did not last long!:bsflag: :censored: :rolleyes:

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was just talking about this with my friends a couple of weeks ago. Adam Sandler's comedy demographic is 15-35 year old straight white boys (and I say "boys" purposely) whose attitude is reflected in every single character played in his movies...minus "Little Nicky" and "the Waterboy."

Ignorant, pompous assholes with absolutely no direction or purpose in life until the last act. That's who he plays and that's who loves him.

Him co-starring with other genre actors helps to somewhat "dilude" this overbearing stereotype for the rest of the people who don't identify with his "demographic."

It doesn't work most of the time, but at least there are always some funny quotes gleened that will become constants in watercooler conversation for the next eight to ten years...wait, is that something to look forward to?

those two were different (Little Nicky and The Waterboy), and some of the ones with Drew Barrymore. (50 first dates comes to mind)

I don't classify him has a great actor, just, "an actor". He reminds me of Charlie Sheen in that it isn't necessarily him being another character, but him being in an alternate reality with a different name.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Two thumbs up for Sandler in the Wedding Singer. I was pleased with this film and his perfomance in it.