Addicted to LPSG?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

HungJordan: Thought I'd mention this. I am a part time student, and as such I spend quite a bit of time online during the day..I've noticed though, that I've become addicted to lpsg. Am I alone in this?

2. B_Jeremy

B_Jeremy New Member

Nah, you're not alone, I visit the site whenever I can, and if my mom would join, she'd be the most addicted out of anyone! :D

3. Imported

Gold Member

HungJordan: I keep my visits here to myself. The LAST person I'd tell about this site is my mom!

But yeah, I visit throughout the day.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Yup.

I visit here several times a day. Of all the message boards I visit, none have the attraction, or friendliness of LPSG.

Long live Mark!

Pecker

The psychiatrist helped me a lot. I would never answer the phone because I was afraid. Now I answer the phone even when it doesn't ring.

5. benderten2001

Gold Member

Excellent question!

Judging from our regular posters (myself included!), we may indeed want to consider our "addiction"....or is that word spelled (ahem)---somewhat differently for us, here? ;)

Who can really blame us?

Afterall, we have found a good thing here, really---a place to discuss with other guys and gals the unthinkable and the unmentionable. In many ways, we're ALL the better for this site exisiting. Still, I do find myself spending lots of time reading here and, writing way-too lengthy posts!

My one concern though, is when men who are having inferiority complexes and self-esteem issues personally over their "sizes" wind up quite riveted here and this can only then add even more fuel to their inner-tormenting fire of feeling less-than-adequate. And so then, being here "too much" has become a real formidable problem.

Also, I wonder sometimes just how healthy it is for those of us here who (often unknowingly!) live in a world of fantasy about large sizes and allow those "mental images" to influence the quality of our existing relationships--wrongly comparing what we read about (and / or desire) to what we already have in our lives? Is THIS really good? That is, good overall? Could we be setting ourselves up to only be hurt (or hurt others) in our lives? Are our value systems being further messed-up?

But, then---there's the good that this site means in our lives, too--a place to learn, ask questions, help each other, and relieve our anxieties over sexual issues. We DO have some very meaningful exchanges here....more often than not.

We have so many members and yet so few participants!
    --That is, comparatively speaking. I wonder how many turn to this site (and other internet sites relating to sexual topics) because the LPSG has become a "sexual outlet" for them? Perhaps not having a sexual relationship themselves, who's to say how many we have here using this site as their own personal escape and for (mental) gratification? That may be both good and bad. Having this site ever become an obsession or a (strange?) replacement for a healthy sexual relationship however, cannot be good I would think.

And, so-- for most of us here, the LPSG can be a very hard habit to break. We must decide for ourselves what's best for us personally and then schedule our visits accordingly. Here once more, we're all different in our reasons for even being here at all.

6. Imported

Gold Member

headbang8: [quote author=benderten2001 link=board=meetgreet;num=1076093363;start=0#4 date=02/06/04 at 11:14:54]
    Afterall, we have found a good thing here, really---a place to discuss with other guys and gals the unthinkable and the unmentionable. [/quote]

Totally agree with you, Ben10.  I think I've said this before, but the reason I believe we can write so freely is that once you've told the world how big your dick is, there's little else you're not prepared to discuss.  

Occasionally, some participants (politely) complain that we stray too often from the subject at hand--if you'll pardon the expression.  

I take their point.  But at the same time, as Pecker observes, there are so few other places on the web where one finds the trust and wisdom of this group.  

Men need a place to talk about their intimate lives.  Women seem able to do it much more freely--even recklessly, IMHO.  

But when men sit down to talk frankly about sex, there are often other agendas running.  This board offers a place to raise intimate subjects without other sexual issues getting in the way.  

(Especially that one big sexual issue that most men subconsciouly have on their minds when they meet another man.   Am I being unfair here?)

We've speculated on the reasons for this before, but I sometimes wonder why other groups on the net devoted to men's issues don't achieve our level of honesty and wisdom.  The advice column in Men's Health just don't cut it, true?

While it's useful to keep asking ourselves that question, let's not get hung up on it.  

I, for one, will just celebrate how useful it is to know a bunch of guys, of whom I can ask any question I damn well please.  No matter how embarassing--or even just plain flaky--it may be.  I hope our moderators stay tolerant when we stray from the topic of dicks to more general issues pertaining to men's health, emotions and sexuality.

So, back to the topic.  

HungJordan, try thinking of it this way.  Think about how much time women spend with each other talking about intimate things, and how much satisfaction and peace of mind they get from it.   You've found a place where you can do the same, free from the social pressures that keep men clammed up about personal stuff.  I look on my visits to the LPSG as time quite well spent.

Of course, sometimes we waste our breath talking complete bollocks, but we're guys, so it's OK, right?  You gotta talk some shit before you hit paydirt.

Take care of yourself, guys.

hb8

7. Imported

Gold Member

Evolon: im here throughout the day as well... i may not post as much as some, but im new, so im just getting used to it...

i usually tell my wife some of the more interesting things discussed here...

8. Imported

Gold Member

rangersean: While I'm visiting fairly often, rather than addiction, I put it down to wanting to get to know all the wonderful people here, and letting them get to know me.

9. Imported

Gold Member

WanzGoodhead: I check in on you guys at least once a day. This spot is the bomb!

10. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: You all are right, of course. I was busy this week and not able to check in as often as I usually do, and I was really jonesing for this place and its members.

Allie
    :-*

11. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: I try to check in every day I can! I like the site and most of the discussions.

Viva LPSG

SG

12. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I've only been able to check in about once a week lately...but I still keep tabs on what's going on around these parts... :D

13. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: i come here about once a day if i can.
    somedays im just too busy and i cant.
    plus SB doesnt care too much for my visits here, but Oh Well! :D

mostly i keep tabs because im bored, lonely, and well i have some time on my hands once in a while, like to take breaks from working....

plus i rarely have any grown-up conversation. with 3 kiddos, talks about barney and grape jelly gets pretty old, pretty fast.

as far as being addicted, hmm. not sure. i dont think so , but then again, maybe im in denial!? ;D

Tender

14. Imported

Gold Member

dfox7.3x5: I really miss LPSG when I don't have time to check daily, which happens once or twice a week. This is a very nice group of people (except me, of course). I'm continually impressed by the intelligence and compassion I see here. What a great bunch.

15. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

[quote author=HungJordan link=board=meetgreet;num=1076093363;start=0#0 date=02/06/04 at 10:40:23]Thought I'd mention this. I am a part time student, and as such I spend quite a bit of time online during the day..I've noticed though, that I've become addicted to lpsg. Am I alone in this?[/quote]
    I'll admit I'm addicted, Hungone. I find myself letting some things wait, b/c I'm too busy reading and posting on LPSG. I've even stopped seeing and showing on icuii, a site I thought I would never do without.

I spend most of my cyber time on LPSG, so lets keep a
    good thing going, guys.

16. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: This place addicting? ... wait... why am I back here?

17. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

I cannot say addiction, but attraction yes ! My agenda is so damn busy I barely have the time to log on here (not to mention replying)... BUT! I read every day the new postings (even if without logging) . . . and every day I say to myself « I'll answer tomorrow to this & that . . . », but of course that doesn't quite happen. :-/

Umm... I miss the summer days when I was logging in 3 times a day . . .

18. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: Personally, I tend to be here and there, altough not every day, sometimes there isn't much to say when you have no sexual experience! :D

19. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1076093363;start=0#15 date=02/09/04 at 22:31:08]This place addicting? ... wait... why am I back here?[/quote]
    YAYYYY! You ARE back!!
    WB!!

Allie
    :-*

20. Imported

Gold Member

tigerwolf: Dunno. I come here off and on. *shrug* I find myself easily bored of surfing forums though. However there's a few topics on here I keep notify on.

Draft saved Draft deleted