Addicted to LPSG???

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Houston, I have a problem...
Today I spend about three hours searching old threads for information on some subjects. Yesterday, about two hours.

When someone calls or drops by to chat, my eyes glaze over, and I'm thinking to myself... what are they talking about at LPSG?

And now, when something comes up in my life, I'm not on the phone to a friend... I'm pissing and moaning to complete strangers at LPSG!!
Evidence: I've only been a member for a month, but I'm already over 1000 postings!

But I'm worried about this! Will it grow MORE or LESS with time? Do I need to attend 12 step meetings for people recovering from LPSGism?
Or am I doomed?:eek:

EDIT: So I guess my question is, how many hours a day is "normal" to spend at LPSG??!!

And: How many hours a day do YOU spend at LPSG?!!

?? !!! ??

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks guys... this actually helped me figure out my "real question" -- what's normal? How many hours a day at LPSG is normal?!!

NS -- my sentiments exactly!! '-)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Houston, I have a problem...Today I spend about three hours searching old threads for information on some subjects. Yesterday, about two hours.when someone calls or drops by to chat, my eyes glaze over, and I'm thinking to myself... what are they talking about at LPSG?And now, when something comes up in my life, I'm not on the phone to a friend... I'm pissing and moaning to complete strangers at LPSG!!
Evidence: I've only been a member for a month, but I'm already over 1000 postings! (Granted, many of them are game postings -- like the Scrabble game -- but still... that's a LOT of posts!)
A major factor is SUBJECT MATTER. I like sex and I like talking about it. I mean really, have YOU ever tried bringing up "Threesomes" or "The Young Man I Fucked Last Night" at a church gathering or teacher-parent conference??!!!
But I'm worried about this! Will it grow MORE or LESS with time? Do I need to attend 12 step meetings for people recovering from LPSGism?
Or am I doomed?:eek:
EDIT: So I guess my question is, how many hours a day is "normal" to spend at LPSG??!!

Addiciton is never a good thing. If I am at work, or sometimes overnight I turn the commputer off. Otherwise the window to LPSG is always open. I just shut the monitor off to go eat, or run errands, or watch t.v.

I did leave for about a year and just came back recently. It is addictive.
I figure that if I'm home relaxing (or bored) it is normal to come here every so often to see what's going on.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...I did leave for about a year and just came back recently. It is addictive. I figure that if I'm home relaxing (or bored) it is normal to come here every so often to see what's going on.

Interesting... was your life better without LPSG? And what triggered your coming back?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting... was your life better without LPSG? And what triggered your coming back?

I don't know if it's better or not, I think it is.

What triggered it was a vacation fling that I wanted advice from strangers on.

I am glad I was able to find this place in my favorites, because I had forgotten the name of it. luckily my member name and passwords were stored, so I was able to get right in.

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i just left another site before coming here.I spent almost 7yrs there.i was on it at nite all during the week.i was there the day it began.recently it was getting to be no fun.to many pissy people and they would turn all posts around.i was friends with the mods and owners.so i left.it really feels good to break away.your mind is clearer,cause i did make lots of friends there.but its not bugging me not being there.oh i look in once every few days but that it.being here i spend maybe a total of 3 hrs on and off during day and its all good

radicaldick

Experimental Member
Media
hmmm...never really thought about it, but this place is kind of addicting. but, as long as u enjoy it and it does not interefere with other aspects of your life, then it is definitely a fun interesting site, so have at it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing I hate is when I am posting something that took a long time to compose, and them my computer freezes and I lose everything. I then get a internet explorer blank page and have to repost everything again.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I have cycles of addiction, my last one was during my 1 month Gold membership when I posted close to 2000 posts! (mainly gallery comments)
Sometimes I just check it every other day and only reply to topics that interest me.
I find LPSG a big procrastination tool, I should be doing so many things instead of this!

ELIMINATE YOUR ADDICTION BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!:eek:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing I hate is when I am posting something that took a long time to compose, and them my computer freezes and I lose everything. I then get a internet explorer blank page and have to repost everything again.

Doesn't seem to be happening as often here recently but for long posts I save them with ctrl + C before hitting submit just in case.

To the OP, you're not alone. This is a hugely addictive site, it's a vacuum for time. Both the subject matter, personalities and wit keep me coming back.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's normal.
It's worth it.
LPSG harbours some of the most unexpected, rewarding things. :smile:

this is not normal...get out and socialize.......don't you have any close friends or acquaintenances? what did you do before you found LPSG.?. get away from the computer every so often..... I mean go out and bowl, shopping, anything that will allow you to not let this consume your time..this is an addiction if you allow it to be so....just look around you..so many of these frustrated people on here have let this become a way of life..they argue and bicker and actually use this as a means of socialization....these peole are strangers sweetie..what has happened in your life that you have allowed yourself to disclose to strangers and not your close friends..or did you not have any friends?