Adding on inches

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by txquis, Sep 2, 2004.

1. txquis

Gold Member

This probably isnt much of a topic,
    but....
    I have noticed something...
    We have all discussed people not having an accurate
    idea of how long/thick their penises are...

Or "rounding up" a half inch to the nearest round number....
    (gulp...i used to do that)...

But have you noticed people do it with height as well?

I know for sure that i am 5'9 and a half....
    but i used to almost always say i was 5'10"....

And i have met many people, shorter than i who
    say that they are 5'10" or 11....
    Do they have shoes on that give them that little bit extra?

Anybody else add the half an inch
    to their height or dick size?

I'm gonna come clean, and say
    it....
    "I'm 5'9" and a half
    and my dick just hits the 7 inch mark"

There, i feel better.

2. Imported

Gold Member

kenny: the height thing is absolutley true, im 5"9.5 on the button and i meet many women who are shorter than me claiming 5"10

about penis size im not so sure, i reach 7.5 everytime and occasionaly come closer to 8 but i would never go so far as to say i was 8 inches, i feel bad about embelishing the truth, even to such a small degree.

3. incognito

incognito New Member

Albums:
    Interesting observation.... I for one do not add anything to my measurements. As I stated in my intro, I am 7.75-8"x5-5.2" (depends on excitement level)
    I don't know if it would just be easier or not to say 8"x5" or 8"x6". I just tell it like it is.

4. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

When I was measured for my high school graduation for cap and gown, I was told I was 5'7.5", so for years that's what I gave as my height, ALWAYS adding the .5 inch. Just within the last few years I've learned that I am actually 5'6". In our society, masculinity, height and muscles are all qualities to be desired by the male teenager and young adult. Being the shortest in my class, I developed an inferiority conplex which drove me to excel in other ways, to lift and build muscles, and to alway be "proud" that I've got more hanging than lots of the taller guys. The fact, always in the back of my mind, that I was gay just compounded these feelings. Screwed up? To some degree, but I'll never know if I could have accomplished more had I been "normal".

5. hungthick

hungthick New Member

i dont know if i am 5'7'' or 5'8'' but sometimes i say i am either one depending on what comes out of my mouth. i wish i was 5'9'' but i would never say i was because i would eventually get called on it.

If someone is 5'9.5'' i would go ahead and say 5'10'' and i think most would agree. rounding up on lots of things are okay.

Funny story: my cock is 8x8 but i secretly wish i was 9x7. one time i was with this guy and he kept going on about how big i was and i thought, "hmmm i will tell him i am 9 inches." i told him and he said i was not because he was 9 inches. then, he pulled out his cock and it was 9 inches. Thinking about it afterward i think he meant my thickness was big. at any rate, i never did that one again. if there is anything guys know about it is the size of a dick. :p :D

6. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    My exact height is 6 foot and a half inch. I never say that or 6'1" I usually just say 6 foot.
    With my penis size which is exactly 8 and 6/8 inches i sometimes round up, and sometimes round down depending on who I am talking to. I usually get the comment " It looks much bigger than that, it has to be at least 10 inches! (as if I would lie to make my penis seem smaller than it is) so thats why i usually just say 9" . it saves me from having to deal with people saying " It looks much bigger than 8.5"!

7. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    From an engineer's perspective, it is often not only acceptable, but in fact proper, to round off measurements. Measurement should not be reported in a way that implies more precision than is actually present in the measurement.

For example, if you measure something in such a way that has an uncertainty of measurement of plus or minus 1 inch, you should not report your measurement as 63.25 inches, even if that is what the tape measure said the last time you measured. The reason is that 63.25 implies that the measurment was precise to the nearest 0.01 inch, which is 100 times more precise than the actual uncertainy of 1 inch. So, in order not to imply precision that isn't there, you should round off to just 63 inches (or at most one decimal place, 63.3) when reporting your result.

(However, if the measurement error is randomly distributed, and you are reporting an average of a lot of measuremnts, it is acceptable to report the average to greater precision than the individual measurement uncertainty, to a degree which can be determined by statistical analysis methods.)

When measuring something like human height or weight, there is more uncertainty in the measurement than people often think. For example, your height changes considerably over the course of the day. This occurs because of relaxation of the spine and fluid expansion of the disks while you are horizontal when sleeping, followed by compression while you are vertical while awake. The value of this circadian height variation is around 1% of your height, or about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, from what I'm told. Due to this uncertainty, in engineering terms it doesn't make sense to specify your height to more precision than the nearest inch.

Similarly, people don't always understand how much their weight varies over the course of the day. I've seen people say "My diet is starting to work! I've lost half a pound in one day!" What they don't realize is that this is about how much a glass of water or beverage (or urine) weighs. Thus, you loose half a pound to a pound every time you take a good pee, and gain that much back when you have a beverage. On a typical day, my weight varies about 2 lbs over the course of the day. If I take a hike, it may drop 5 lbs, but comes back when I have rehydrated. Therefore, when I give my weight, I round it off to the nearest 5 lbs. Further, I always weight myself under the most cosistent conditions possible- right after my morning pee and evacuation.

So, there is good justification for rounding numbers off. But, vanity often causes us to round them in directions (such as weight always down; cock length always up) that might not be scientifically justifiable.

8. mindseye

Gold Member

Well, in engineering terms, I know what you're getting at. But when people report sizes of, say, 8.25" on here -- I think reasonable people interpret that as being to the nearest quarter-inch, and not to the nearest 0.01". I think reporting the figure as a decimal is just a net-convenience, since typesetting fractions on here is difficult. There's no intention on here to imply that the hundredth place is a significant figure.

9. Max

Max New Member

Txquis,

I know what you mean. I always say 5' 10" in answer to a question about height. The trouble is, at around age 23 it was doing me an injustice, as I was pretty well 5' 11".

By contrast these days saying 5 10" is more than generous to me, as I am probably nearer 5' 9" except in the early morning on a good day. My sons have now both topped me at well over 6'. But of course it is in reality a great feeling for a loving and proud dad to see his sons knock him into third place. I love it.

Re penis size I am far too obsessed not to be aware of variations in that. Luckily so far it hasn't started going downhill. No doubt it will.

10. txquis

Gold Member

yeah...my dick size has those variations depending on how turne on i get.

11. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Of course you're right, mindseye. I wasn't really referring to the use of decimals instead of common fractions, and the extra decimal paces that creep in. What I was really getting at was reporting of any measurement to a degree that is overshadowed by the variability. Thus, even though my bathroom scale reads to a quarter of a pound, when people ask, I round my weight to the nearest 5 lbs, because it varies several pounds over the course of the day, and it is pointless to be more specifc.

But, the theory of significant digits and measurement precision aside, I've always felt it seems a bit nerdy (and this opinion is from a geek himself!) and self-absorbed to be highly specific about such things as the size of body parts (I get a lot of questions about my feet, too). So, while I may know that my dick measures between 7 1/2 and 7 7/8 long according to conditions, it doesn't seem right to be so technical when someone who has been eyeing the crotch of my Levi's whispers "So, um, how big IS your dick?" or some such thing in my ear.

So, according to the context, I'll say something like:

"Oh, about 7 or 8."

Or if they said something about me being large:

"Not really, it's barely 8 inches. But it is kind of thick."

Or, if the circumstances are such that a little boasting is OK, or would make the other guy feel better:

"Eight."

No one has complained yet when they got to play with it.

12. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

Two quick stories. My ex always claimed she was 5'. One of her female friends came to visit, and asked me how tall I thought my ex was. I said 5 foot, and the friend said to ask her how tall she was with her in the room. I asked, and my ex stammered out 4'11". She thought anything less than 5 foot was too short.

Two other friends each claimed to be 6'6". At the pool one day, I saw both of them on deck together, barefoot, and said "One of you is lying." Turned out one guy was 6'7", and he claimed 6'6" because he thougt 6'7" was too tall.

Take care

Ceg

Draft saved Draft deleted