ADHD Stimulant Meds

anoushka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you don't mind sharing, who here has (legal, prescribed) experience with stimulant meds used to treat ADHD such as methylphenidate and amphetamine salts and how have they affected your penis in terms of flaccid state, arousal, change in orgasmic response, amount of precum, etc., and how did those meds affect your libido?

Again, legal and licit use only, as prescribed. I'm not interested in those who have used them otherwise.

crazyfish

Just Browsing
Media
I use Adderall for my ADD. The two most noticeable things when I take it is that my penis becomes extremely flaccid, and that it is harder to gain and keep and erection.

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ive taken Ritalin when I was younger, switched to concerta as a young adult and now I take adderall. I have noticed more negative concerning my penis from the adderall, it ATT ms my flaccid size, and the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. It also delays orgasm. Tbh, for these reasons, I don't take them as prescribed.

neo1989

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Adderall is a vasoconstrictor. Due to this, it will reduce the amount of blood going to the penis. I'm prescribed adderall, and when I take it, it makes it harder to get erections, and makes my penis a lot smaller. But later on in the day, as it wears off, it returns to normal.

Pith

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I took vyvasin or something. Time releasing add meds.

Didn't change anything, but I felt like I was on speed and I wanted to fuck like crazy. If my girlfriend was around at the time I'd just wanna mount and pound. I think that's because that speed feeling makes me horny. Coke did the same thing in the past.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is some questions now on the internet regarding Adderall. Questions are being asked because when this drug is used in young kids there seems to be a high incidence of sexual developmental problems as they age.

We have a long distance shirt tail relative who is undergoing some studies now. Before puberty he had extreme behavioral problems and was given a toxic waste soup of drugs based on this.

This kid now is 18-years-old, stands about 5'-5'2" tall and looks like he is between 11 and 12 years old. He is now off most of the medications and is one of the nicest sweetest kids I have ever known. He is not in any manner obese, yet he has breast development and absolutely zero muscle tone on his body.

I have asked some friends who are MD's about this and they tend to feel that some major investigation is in order for this kid. If you meet the kid it is so sad. This poor kid may never be normal because of the drugs he was given. His Mother is 5'4" tall and his late Father was over 6'.

The only drug that is raising red flags in a very few circles appears to be Adderall and only when it is given at very young ages. The documentation is as yet poor on this and the questions on this drug are in the early stages.

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Giving any kid drugs long-term has its risks, and the ADHD drugs are overprescribed. They perform miracles with some, but they should be the last resort and the benefit to risk ratio carefully considered. I've worked with kids and their teachers in schools who learned to compensate without drugs.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Giving any kid drugs long-term has its risks, and the ADHD drugs are overprescribed. They perform miracles with some, but they should be the last resort and the benefit to risk ratio carefully considered. I've worked with kids and their teachers in schools who learned to compensate without drugs.

Thanks Frodo, This needed to be said, because many on here have kids or grandkids who may see that diagnosis at some point. Everything has a price and unless there is no alternative at all, the chemicals need to be the absolute and positively the last resort when everything else has failed.

RoboBeer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ADD here, sans hyperactivity, 27 years old. I haven't tried meds in about ten years but recently decided to give it another shot.

I first tried Adderall - 10mg morning, 10mg after lunch, for about six weeks. I noticed a slight increase in horniness but its kinda hard to tell because I've always had a high sex drive and frequently masturbated (thanks, low dopamine levels!). Immediately after starting the drug I found it somewhat hard to get and maintain an erection. My GF and I have only hooked up a few times in the last few weeks for unrelated reasons, but I was just barely able to keep it hard whilst performing less-than-my-favorite positions, something I have never experienced and certainly should NOT happen when I'm really excited to get laid. It also seemed like I came less both in volume and intensity of contractions. It sucks as a catch-22 because for most of the day I feel like I really need to spank it, but can't get it up well and don't have a solid mind-clearing orgasm, so there's very little relief and the cycle continues.

I switched to Vyvanse a week and a half ago because the Adderall was starting to make me a little aggro. I would say Adderall made me feel slightly irritable like when you're coming down from a coke high, and I had to keep that in mind and catch myself before I would say something mean for no good reason. I didn't notice it as a major problem, but after my GF told me it was actually really noticeable and starting to scare her, I knew I couldn't continue. Since switching to Vyvanse, I'm seeing the same issues with sex drive and getting an erection, but the behavioral problems are gone, which is good.

Vyvanse is time release and I feel the "high" for a solid 10 hours or so, and the sex drive/erectile problems seem directly proportional to how much I am feeling the meds. I also didn't have any problems for the 8 days I was clean between switching meds. So it seems to be an immediate problem that only occurs when the drug is in your system and immediately goes away afterwards.

Hope this helps, I'll keep an eye on this if you have any questions on my experiences.

anoushka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ritalin caused shrinkage and getting and maintaining an erection required more stimulation. There was no change in libido. Getting off was not a problem but it did take a bit longer than usual - it was the usual response but slightly slower build.

Dexedrine causes shrinkage too. It takes more stimulation to get hard but not to stay hard. Sometimes my libido is much stronger but it's a mental thing not a physical drive. Getting off is much the same as Ritalin, except it takes even longer. There is no loss of pleasure but it takes more time and action to make it happen. Great for edging!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Reviving this thread on a question I have.

I am taking prescribed generic Ritalin, and at first it seemed like a wonder drug. Clearer thoughts, productivity went up, energy level came back a bit.

Now after about 2 months of use, when I take it, I get the opposite. I get dizzy, dazed and confused, and not quite the energy boost I did before.

No sexual side effects (Still normal function as always), no size changes.

Did anyone else have these effects with the generic Ritalin?

I was on Aderall XR for a very short time. I would be productive as all hell for the first 4 hours - then CRASH with a bloody nose and migraine headache and the jitters.

Any other experiences with prescribed medications that help to give you clarity of mind and energy to get up and do stuff?

RawrRawrRocco

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been on a Vyvanse 40mg morning dosage for 2 weeks and I haven't noticed any difference in libido or my ability to get hard and maintain an erection. I am 18 and have ADHD.

As a side note I have noticed that if anything, my erections are truly and consistently rock solid whenever I've jacked off since starting the medication. Before the meds I didn't have trouble getting or staying hard either but sometimes it wasn't always "iron stiff" and rather it would end up being hard but a little pliable, like 95% hard instead of the 110% feeling I've gotten since going on my meds. I feel like the 95% feeling may have come from times when I wasn't really into it and so I wasn't maintaining a high enough blood pressure to maintain all of my 8 inches in that "iron rod" feeling.

sregit84

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
bumping this out of the grave again after searching for this very subject. I've been taking Vyvanse 40mg for about 6 months now, and i noticed a change in sexual performance around 3 months into it. Similar to all other stories, I noticed an increase in sex drive, but a decrease in sex performance. Erections are hit and miss...meaning, around 40% i'm rock hard and ready to perform, 40% having to work it up, and 20% REALLY having to work it up for a long time with minimal erection time. Also, i've noticed an extreme difference in the amount of ejaculate i produce. All my life, i've shot TONS and FAR! Now, i've noticed that i shoot a very minimal amount and sometimes, almost none at all.

My question is: Has anyone in a similar situation ever tried supplementing their diet with different supposed "ejaculate and performance enhancing supplements"? I've been doing research and I'm thinking about trying L-Arginine and Zinc (in a low dosage). Does anyone have any first hand experience or feedback?

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm on Adderall IR (10mg x 2) and have also tried Vyvanse (40mg). I haven't noticed an impact on my sex life, except in the very beginning my drive increased then dropped back to normal.

I think you ought to ask your doctor about whether or not the supplements will work before you start spending money on them.