Adult Circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bighsguy, Feb 2, 2006.

1. bighsguy

bighsguy New Member

Hey Guys, not sure if this topic has been covered before, but a friend of mine just told me about his recent circumcision. This confused me because of his age, 15. Is this common? What is the procedure, after effect, ect. Have any members of LPSG.org had Adult Circumcision. And if so, what were the reasons for the late change?

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    ugh, no

3. KinkGuy

Gold Member

IMHO, the mature/adult circ of a penis should only be performed in the case of a dire medical situation. You can't make a judgment on this situation until you/we know what prompted/necessitated the surgery.

4. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mate, he could have done it for any number of reasons - why not ASK him? Normally in older guys circumcision is only performed for medical reasons. Or maybe he's converting to another religion? I know of guys who have been circumcised in their 30s, due to medical conditions. Its a simple procedure with very few after effects...

5. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of my favorite booty-calls got himself cut after we'd been getting together for over a year, when he was 32, I think. He is thrilled with the results. He's a (struggling) christian who felt that this was something God was calling him to do. I thought it was strange he would submit to something so serious, and then call me over almost a month before the doctors said he should think about sex. We did a lot more than think about it. I missed his foreskinn at first, but now that it's been another year, and it's fully healed it looks pretty again. I hope he calls soon. I lost his number when my cell phone got stolen.

6. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like self-loathing self-mutilation to me, BB.

7. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I let myself get circumcised when I was 16 just because I like it, it looks nicer in my opinion and it's at least a lil bit easier to keep clean.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hmm... I think I replied to one of your posts on this subject before... If someone is into body modification/mutilitation or would just prefer to be cut, I can understand wanting to be circumcised. But to say that a major motivation is to make it easier to keep clean, that just blows my mind. As I stated before, it takes longer and is more work for me to floss and brush my teeth, but I do it anyway. I would never get all my teeth pulled because "it's a little easier to keep my mouth clean." A dab of soap and a couple of quick wipes with a cloth are all that's necessary to keep an uncut cock clean.

9. Dr Rock

Gold Member

seriously. fucked up as all hell. if, in the 21st century, people are gonna keep doing shit like cutting bits off of themselves "cos god says so", then i'm really wasting my time and i might as well murder the entire human race right now.

10. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Jesus was a Jew 100% and never intended to create anything different. Well, at least the circumcision thing is what Jesus really believed. He would be disgusted that there are uncircumcised people who claim to follow him.

11. Spook60

Spook60 New Member

I went to my doctor with lesions around my foreskin caused by my foreskin not being able to stretch enough to be retracted. He explained some of the problems with adult circumcision. I will live with a bit of scarring, I could not live with a dick that has been mutilated.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

That's an interesting take. Jesus was indeed a Jew, but did a lot of things that were "unorthodox." He never (at least to my knowledge) made mention of circumcision. Paul did, and basically said that it didn't really need to be clipped off. If you obeyed the religious laws, then you were "circumcised in the heart" and therefore, compliant in the covenant.

13. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Not only does Pauline Christianity move away from what Jesus really believed, it's so radically opposed to Jesus that he would be appalled at what Paul twisted him to look like.

14. gwr1349

gwr1349 New Member

Circumcision was done in the old testament as a sign to all men that a person followed God as was commanded by God. Jesus died on the cross for all Men and Woman, Gay and Straight. Jesus was the provision for us who broke the law. Therefore, it makes no difference if your circumcised or not anymore. Its not a command any more, just a choice you and I can make for ourselves. If one feels strongly enough to have the operation because of his faith then that is his choice.

Just my thoughts on the matter.:smile:

15. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would have to also endorse gwr1349's comments. I think it clearly stated.

Thanks.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Oh, I could not agree with you more on that point. However, Jesus did not follow orthodox law, so it's a bit of a stretch to point out (even facetiously - we have a lot of literalists reading this) that "circumcision is the thing that Jesus really believed."

17. Dr Rock

Gold Member

great, but i'm talking in terms of reality and basic common sense. what jesus thought or didn't think has no bearing here.

18. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Therefore I said "at least a little bit" ;) It wasn't the main motivation

19. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dr. D, we want more of this kinda stuff from you. Seriously. I'm interested in your take on Pauline Christianity. We love your flamey whimsy, but you've proven yourself formidable in a serious debate. Do it more often. I encourage you.

20. NYC8"

NYC8" Member

Albums:
    I know a guy who was circ'ed at age 13 because he was prone to infections. While I don't know how serious the infections were, it seems that once you've hit an age old enough to have a body self-identity, a guy would prefer to learn to be a lot cleaner or change his diet rather than cut part of his dick off.

Draft saved Draft deleted