Adult Circumcision

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
BronxBombshell said:
But when a grown man decides for himself what he is called to do to himself, it is disgusting for you to no, no, appalling for you to think yourself better than someone just because they are willing to go to extremes (that do not harm anyone else) for their beliefs.
not when their beliefs are fucking stupid

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
not when their beliefs are fucking stupid

Dr. Rock, your words and opinions don't even count. You are always negative, always petty. Always so sure you're superior. I don't understand how you can ever be content. I have wondered from my first day here if you even like yourself. You, like everyone else in the world are just a speck, not even a cog or a sprocket. When you die, the world will keep going. So who are you to decide that someone else's interpretation of the facts, someone else's beliefs are stupid? No one. Because that's who you are anyway. No one.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
:rolleyes: while i'd really love to waste some time reciprocating your childish projections of your own insecurities in kind, i find myself with other claims on my time today, so i'll just sift the vaguely-relevant point from your morass of existential panty-twisting:

BronxBombshell said:
So who are you to decide that someone else's interpretation of the facts, someone else's beliefs are stupid?
that's neat contradiction in terms there - it highlights the logical fallacy on which the continued tolerance of organized religion by modern society is based. there is no interpretation of the facts where religion is concerned - it is, by its basic nature, twisting or wilful ignorance of facts to suit a preconceived belief. the "interpretation", if you really wanna dignify the process with that title, is wholly subjective, and hence has no value and no relevance to reality. and it's fucking stupid because it relies entirely on human stupidity, fear and weakness for its perpetuation.

we'll leave the overwhelmingly appalling historical record of organized religion for now, since you shouldn't need a stranger on the internet to acquaint you with that.

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is also amusing to observe: Dr Rock is vocally intolerant of people who hold religious beliefs, but more "tolerant" people then can't tolerate his intolerance.

It's been a constant source of amusement to me all through my life how people who claim to be tolerant, and hold the notion that anyone can choose to do or say anything cannot abide people who hold the notion that they're wrong, or choose to do or say something that isn't tolerant.

My tuppence, which is worth the same as everyone else's, is that it's wrong to automatically assume that anyone who holds religious beliefs is stupid. However, I automatically assume that Americans are stupid, and back up that belief because 99% of Americans I see on television are completely and often life-threatenly lacking in anything remotely resembling a brain. When I also look at those christians I see on television, guess what? I see exactly the same thing. In every group, it's the loudest and most eager to be heard who represent the group, and in every group, it's generally the stupid ones.

Are all Americans stupid? No. Are all christians (or insert another religious group) stupid? No. But in most cases, the ones we'll come into contact with are.

LOL, so, a call to order. Rock, not everyone who holds a religious belief is stupid (though a great many of them are!). Bronx, if every grown adult has the right to choose how to behave, and whether or not to get themselves cut, or whatever, then that also gives Rock the right to be as cantankerous as he pleases! Tolerance is only tolerance if it's tolerant (try saying that 5 times fast when you're drunk!)

xrush_uncut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is only my second post, but Dr. Rock and Irvy are too smart for the stupid americans and christians that Irvy talks about. They (the stupid ones) won't even be able to understand your complex views, much less the writing styles. If only we could all get it! Like Irvy said, though, most are stupid.

I'm surprised we haven't seen this yet: "We live in America, a place of freedom. We have the freedom and the right to do whatever we want."

Seems as though the stupid ones always throw this out as a logical answer to everything

Jesus was a Jew 100% and never intended to create anything different. Well, at least the circumcision thing is what Jesus really believed. He would be disgusted that there are uncircumcised people who claim to follow him.

There is not a single Christian denomination that advocates, suggests, or requires circumcision for any reason. If you think yours does then I suggest you discuss the matter with your clergy.

While Paul did state that circumcision was unnecessary, The Gospel of Thomas, a document likely derived directly from the Q document which is the basis of the four canonical gospels, does quote Jesus on the matter:

53 His disciples said to him, "is circumcision useful or not?"

He said to them, "If it were useful, their father would produce children already circumcised from their mother. Rather, the true circumcision in spirit has become profitable in every respect."

This is likely Paul's basis for the rejection of circumcision as he essentially says the same thing although with a bit more tact.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jason_els said:
There is not a single Christian denomination that advocates, suggests, or requires circumcision for any reason. If you think yours does then I suggest you discuss the matter with your clergy.

Messianic Jews are Christians. Many of them still circumsize. Many of them do not.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
:rolleyes: while i'd really love to waste some time reciprocating your childish projections of your own insecurities in kind, ...

It would have been childish were i to insist that you were the only nothing-nobody. In fact, that is not what i was saying. I was saying we are all nothing, and part of everything, and that you have no superiority over anyone because none of us is superior. While I do, as anyone, have insecurities and flaws, they do not play in this instance. One might question the maturity of someone who is always arrogant, always condescending, and who always comes accross as trying to prove his or her superiority over others. Other people just like that never do question it though.

that's neat contradiction in terms there - it highlights the logical fallacy on which the continued tolerance of organized religion by modern society is based. there is no interpretation of the facts where religion is concerned - it is, by its basic nature, twisting or wilful ignorance of facts to suit a preconceived belief. the "interpretation", if you really wanna dignify the process with that title, is wholly subjective, and hence has no value and no relevance to reality. and it's fucking stupid because it relies entirely on human stupidity, fear and weakness for its perpetuation.
Everything is interpretation and subject to the same. This is interesting though, and I will continue to mull over parts of it, but not most of it.

we'll leave the overwhelmingly appalling historical record of organized religion for now, since you shouldn't need a stranger on the internet to acquaint you with that.
Some puerto ricans have also done appalling things. Should he separate himself from all Puerto Rican customs and mores, and in fact denounce his heritage? This does not make any sense. Usually, you are quite logical, even through your negativity. This however, does not follow suit.

SR_search4bp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
serious question - serious answer

my dearest husband had the circumcision with the age of 37 - because he had a very tight foreskin and pain in certain moments... so he decided to have it done... and is VERY happy to have it done... and it even doesn't look bad at all :rolleyes:

but the best two things (for me) are:

1. his stamina grew immensly!
and
2. although he showered several times a day, before the circumcision it smelled always a little bit... today... NOTHING! hooray... :tongue:

but I won't tell you more about my dearest one...

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
BronxBombshell said:
I was saying we are all nothing, and part of everything
um, that's what i said: projecting your own insecurities onto everyone else. "nothing, and part of everything"? aren't those the same thing apart from semantics?

One might question the maturity of someone who is always arrogant, always condescending, and who always comes accross as trying to prove his or her superiority over others.
:biggrin1: nobody proves anything on the internet, boss. if my awareness of my own superiority to the vast mass of humankind sometimes come through in my posting here and that offends you, i guess it's too bad.

Everything is interpretation and subject to the same.
:shrug: there's a pretty clear line between reasonable interpretation of facts, and fabrication or wilful ignorance of facts to conform to a fantasy.

Some puerto ricans have also done appalling things.
apples and oranges: they may have chosen to do appalling things, but they didn't choose to be puerto rican - nor do other puerto ricans condone and support those things by identifying themselves as puerto rican.

kauai1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My LORD....I hope the LAST thing on GODS mind mind is my DICK

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
You sound disgustingly intolerant of grown men's decisions over what to do with their own penises. Who gives a fuck why? It could be religion, it could be insanity, it could be due to the price of rice in China. If a man wants to get a circumcision, partial or otherwise, that's his right. Just like it's my right to pierce the hood of my clit if I want. Or a nostril. Or have a scar added to my face. If I decide to do that, I can. I'm a grown woman. I agree that it's unfair to mutilate children. But when a grown man decides for himself what he is called to do to himself, it is disgusting for you to no, no, appalling for you to think yourself better than someone just because they are willing to go to extremes (that do not harm anyone else) for their beliefs. Who the fuck are you? What makes you so great?

Let me tell you.

I was cut as an infant. My circumcision was so tight that sex was painful all my effing life. A few years ago, I came across a site on the web about foreskin restoration. I started to restore just to get some loose skin. My dick grew 3/4 of an inch in length it was so squished into my body by the bastard who mutiliated me.

Sex, finally, is enjoyable. I don't cringe anymore when someone offers a blow job, don't have to use massive amounts of lube to keep my dick from getting rubbed raw and insertive sex is something that lasts for awhile instead of having to pull out early due to pain.

I'm all for adults making their own decisions about what they want to do to their own bodies, but, and this is my point adults have no right to destroy their children's sexual enjoyment through routine infant circumcision.

I've no respect for anyone who thinks their god will only love them if they're cut. Go ahead if that's what you think is best but the foreskin is their for pleasure. Cutting it off risks losing a great deal of sexual satisfaction.

B_DWTS00

1st Like
Media
Nah people go get it done, because

1-God will love you more :rolleyes:

2-it reduces the risk of diseases :rolleyes:

why dont you people cut off your fingers cause they might get infected from a cut :rolleyes:

Better yet, Kill yourselves, and then you wont have to worry about anything :cool:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
chico8 said:
Let me tell you.

I was cut as an infant. My circumcision was so tight that sex was painful all my effing life. A few years ago, I came across a site on the web about foreskin restoration. I started to restore just to get some loose skin. My dick grew 3/4 of an inch in length it was so squished into my body by the bastard who mutiliated me.

Sex, finally, is enjoyable. I don't cringe anymore when someone offers a blow job, don't have to use massive amounts of lube to keep my dick from getting rubbed raw and insertive sex is something that lasts for awhile instead of having to pull out early due to pain.

I'm all for adults making their own decisions about what they want to do to their own bodies, but, and this is my point adults have no right to destroy their children's sexual enjoyment through routine infant circumcision.
I interrupt this rant to ask what that has to do with me or my post. My man is not a child, nor has he been victimized by routine infant circumcision.

I've no respect for anyone who thinks their god will only love them if they're cut. Go ahead if that's what you think is best but the foreskin is their for pleasure. Cutting it off risks losing a great deal of sexual satisfaction.

Some people just know everything. Actually, he and I are having much better sex now that he's cut, and though I prefer the look of an intact member, he likes the way he looks much better now. When I met him, he was so sensitive (Thank you, foreskin!) that he could not tolerate a blowjob. He described the sensation as "overstimulation to the point of pain". I remember when I first asked if I could blow him and he said no. I sold him on the idea, but he quickly (painfully) yanked me off by my hair. Sex also used to be over much quicker. He'd have to masturbate twice before I got to his house and still the sessions didn't last overly long. Fortunately we have incredible chemistry. I called him to invite myself over because I saw him on my buddy list and was surprised to see him home from work. He told me he was recovering from surgery and was on sick leave. I invited myself over to look after him, and he realized he'd never told me what surgery he had scheduled. Needless to say I was stunned. And with my preference for foreskin I was heartbroken. He asked me not to check in on him as he wanted to avoid erections while he was enduring the most painful stage. But a few weeks before he was really fully healed, we were able to do a few things we'd never done together. He'd never done some of those things with anyone. So much time has passed, and he has no regrets. All the scarring has healed and his dick is beautiful again.

What difference does it make why he had it removed? It was his to remove. His sons are intact as he once was, and free to make their own decisions when they grow up. If he wants to cut the whole package off, it's his to deal with as he sees fit. He can do for God, for Tuesday, or for shits and giggles. It's his penis. You can think it's gross. You can think it's weird. You do what you want with yours.

You don't know his name, you don't know where he lives. You know he's Puerto Rican, in his 30's, and close enough to the Bronx to fuck me regularly. You don't know me either for that matter, and you only know of him through me. So how can the personal choice of the unknown friend of a complete stranger upset you so much?

padlock

Just Browsing
Media
I think its weird who people that aern't circumsized hop on it as if its some severe mutilattion. Maybe I'm missing something, but are there any after-effects that I have manage to not read about?

I'm cut, I've talked about it with my fiance after seeing a special about how it has really no reason to be done, and I've still edged toward "cut" because if theres no huge "problem" with it being done, and I live in the US, it will be one less thing they wil lhave to worry about being accepted for. Most women I've talked to on this area think its kind of "weird" looking uncut. And I'm sure in other areas of the world its complete opposite. =)

Pappy

Media
As has been stated a centillion times (that's 10 to the 103rd power), it's personal preferrence. There's not a right or wrong. Some are pro some are con. However I don't think that anyone has the right to tell another that they are right or wrong in their decision to have their sons cut or left intact. Children are cruel and they can be vicious with their teasing and ridicule of a child that is different from the rest of the children. There were only a couple of guys in my class in school that were not cut and some of the guys rode them mercilessly about being different because they were not cut. The uncut guys had a tendency of having a smaller penis than the cut guys. Most of the guys that were cut were cut by old country doctors that left ample skin to allow for growth to your full potiential. A couple of us still grew in such a way that our circumcisions are very tight during erection.

There are problems that arise in guys that are cut as well as guys that are uncut. One poster above was cut too tight and it caused problems for him. There are cases where the foreskin attaches to the glans and causes painful erections and sometimes tearing of the skin because of it. So it's really a 50/50 situation, neither of which is right or wrong. It's simply a preferrence and I for one am glad that I was cut at birth. I don't hate my parents nor am I upset with them for having it done. Nobody can tell me I'm missing out on anything sexual by not having a foreskin because the people that still have theirs don't know what it feels like to be cut just as I have no idea what it fells like to be uncut.