Advanced training and rest

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always compared weight training to PE. My whole approach has been based on the same logic. That is way I would NEVER jelq two days in a row. I wouldnt train my muscles that way, so why my penis.

Even now that I started hanging, I apply the same logic. I move the weight up and down the same way. I always have a warm up weight, then I go heavier during the same 15 minute block of time. Then I add more time of the heavier weight the next "workout" until I can do the whole block of time at that weight. Then I have to go 2 sessions with that weight.

In other words, I dont just change weights. I ease into them the same way as when I lift weights. In all the reading I have done with hanging, I have not read anyone doing it this way. And I dont hang everyday. Same with the jelqing. At least 1 full day of recovery.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I think what you says makes sense.
However, there is another school of thinking, that does not believe in rest, or at least not as much of it as you reccomend. What do you think of that? And what do you think of the theory of stretch/grow while you heal, if you have heard of that?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as someone who engages in both weight training (for years) and PE, I would have to say that the practices in one are not necessarily beneficial in the other as regards "rest"
if you stress your muscles out, growth will occur during periods of rest and recuperation, which involves resting at least twenty-four hours ... from my earliest years I would notice growth occurred only if and when I rested

which is different from refraining from the stretching done in PE ... if done on a daily basis, I see progress ... If I don't stretch on a daily basis, I see no progress

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's been my experience that, as a whole, men that train every day (for PE) don't gain as consistently as men that take breaks. Often, men will note a gain after a layoff.

Now, this isn't written in stone for all men. High volume/light intensity training will require that you train more frequently because the intensity is so low. Also, some men just don't respond well to high intensity training, so for them high volume is a must. There's also the matter of imbalances in routines and other variables (health, supplementation, fitness levels, etc.) that should be taken into account to determine training frequency. These factors can make advanced training a bit more complex than the basic stuff.

All other things being equal, "efficiency" should also be taken into account. If you can make equal or better gains doing high intensity, low volume work it would stand to reason that this is the kind of training you should focus on- not just because it's more effective results-wise but because the overall time spent training is usually much less than with high volume methods.

Last edited:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have heard of healing while stretched. The whole traction wrapping thing. I even went out and got the band/ wrapping. I kinda tried to "mummyfy" my penis but I just dont get it. Being uncut, I dont like to leave the glans exposed to air for too long. So I am not really sure. ( I know I am doing it wrong and have not given it its fair attention)

I read here, I forgot who posted this, about someone wearing an adjustable cockring for like, 4 hours after a PE workout. And he increased his flaccid dimensions. I guess the point to all of this is that there are many possibilities still out there and what works for some, doesnt always work for others.

So my contribution will be the results of my own modified method.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
probably should have been clear as well, that I'm using a practice and technique that is far different from what most PE practitioners use

thanks Al and Wish-4-8

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I don't think we are talking about forgetting about your penis for a day when we say rest. At least I sure am not.
You can use it for fun and recreation, just no PE routines on a rest day.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I don't think we are talking about forgetting about your penis for a day when we say rest. At least I sure am not.
You can use it for fun and recreation, just no PE routines on a rest day.

Agreed :)

Your PE activities shouldn't interfere with your sexual activities. If your PE/Stamina workouts are so intense that it does interfere with your sex life, you're overdoing it.