Adventures in Brussels

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by va_lk_yr_ie, Jun 1, 2007.

1. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

No, not that kind of adventures you sillies... :tongue:

Spent last week in Brussels for work and decided to stay the weekend on my own to do some sightseeing, shopping and have some good food. Girls - if you ever feel like you're not getting enough attention - Brussels would be the place to go.

Stepped out of my hotel Friday night - alone - without my colleagues around. Within 10 minutes I'd already had 3 offers for drinks/dinner/night out/company for the rest of the weekend. Now - I'm used to attention - but this was downright ridiculous. Just for fun I decided to keep track of just how many approaches I got. Over the course of Friday night, Saturday and Sunday up until 3pm when I left for the airport I counted in total 32 (yes you read that right...) guys that tried asking me out in one way or another. I wasn't there looking for adventure - especially not with a healing tongue piercing that is stopping me from doing much right now (not trusting myself enough in the heat of the moment to not use my mouth). If I had been there with the intention to actually do something there would not have been any lack of takers... :smile:

One gentleman in particular almost, just almost, made me deviate from my self-imposed celibacy. The entire weekend saw Brussels jazz-marathon taking place - open air stages, lots and lots of good music almost round the clock. Saturday night on Grand Place - funky jazz, good band composed of mainly french musicians, lots of rhythm, movement - I can't help but move to music when I hear it. Behind me a very soothing, pure Oxford english - deep voice. "Those moves look like they could be used elsewhere too...". Just the right amount of teasing in the tone to make the reaction immediate - butterflies in the stomach and that certainty that this actually could be something interesting.

It's that level of ballsiness and guts to make such a comment, balancing on the border to what's acceptable without passing it, that can turn me on in an instant... Turned to find a very dark, almost black, muscular guy standing there smiling. We ended up talking for a while after the concert and dear God - did it take all my willpower to not follow him when he finally walked away? Yes, it did...

Hung or not? No idea. But the pure turn-on factor by the meeting and what was felt there was enough to make my fantasies run wild for the rest of the weekend and some more. Let's just say it didn't make wonders to reduce my already built up horniness for some really good action with a well-hung guy once those remaining six weeks of self-imposed celibacy are over.

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I know a man from Brussels. He's ten foot tall and full of muscles.

3. fly_greg

fly_greg New Member

Maybe you were at the red light district? :) Hey I'm from Brussels by the way, I remember this cute blond scandinavian woman dancing around everyone :) haha no, but I'm curious, the guys that were hitting on you, where they immigrants or real Belgians? The reason why I ask is that Belgians normally are a bit shy in general about that kind of stuff.

4. dreamer20

Gold Member

I still don't understand why you didn't have dinner or an outing with any of them.:confused:

Were you afraid that your clothes might fall off?:wink:

5. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

Ah - no such fear... :wink: It's just that I don't think it's fair to lead a guy on when I know I have no intention whatsoever of actually seeing him again and know I'll leave town within a few days. Doesn't feel right to me. I guess it's part cultural differences - dating as such isn't too common in the Scandinavian countries - for good and bad.

6. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

I don't _think_ I was anywhere near the Red Light district, but who knows... :wink:

Blonde? Wrong girl then. I'm about as dark as they come - more people guess Italian or French rather than somewhere from Scandinavia. I'd actually say it was a fair mix of Belgians, other southern Europeans (Spain/Italy/France) and a couple of immigrants - mostly middle-Eastern from the look of it.

Perhaps the setting with lots of music, festivities and a bit of beer/wine made the usual shyness a bit more easy to overcome? :smile:

7. dreamer20

Gold Member

I knew I heard that line from somewhere before:wink::

YouTube - Land Down under

Valkyrie you could've still gone out with them and kept things strictly platonic.

That would have been a real adventure for you.:wink:

8. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

And to think Val, we could have had dinner aux armes de bruxelles or at le fourneaux, a room in the st.michel to enjoy the music et al.

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

I went to the Atlanta Jazz Festival last weekend; it was great, but the only offer I got was a woman hanging aroung the Travel Lodge - "Want some company tonight?" I think she was a prostitute. Glad you had a good time.

Draft saved Draft deleted