advertisement

doubtless_mouse: "Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.

Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:

- The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
- The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
- Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.
- The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome. "

That is a portion of the Governments definition of sexual harassment (SH). I post it here so that all involved in this discussion have a basis to return to when trying to define or explain SH.

Ok, so the issue is Cara SH her co-worker...the bottom line is going to be if it is unwelcome. If the person she works with is aware of the conduct but welcomes it, and if it does not "spill" into other workers area of concern then should not be seen as SH. If Cara's actions offend someone else in the workplace, then it could be construde as SH.

If I were to put myself into positions at work (approaching other workers) so as to become sexually aroused, and others learned of it (should be obvious if a man is aroused) then they could by right claim sexual harassment. Madame Z. imagine if at work one of your co-workers you did not find attractive (I say this as you seem to be very open about your sexuality (congrats by the way)) made time everyday to come to your desk. In the course of the visit, it was obvious that he was looking at your "private parts" and sported a woody. Most women I know would find this inappropriate behavior in the work place. And like you, most women would probably do something to stop to this inappropriate behavior.

But lets look at this from a Man's perspective. Maybe the co-worker is uncomfortable with Cara's actions, but as a man he can't really complain. If he mentions it to the women, she can say he is mistaken. I have actually seen this happen. A man I worked with felt uncomfortable due to a co-workers actions. He politely made a comment that the behavior made him uncomfortable and asked that is stop. The co-worker made a big deal about it. She would tell people things like, "I am going to talk to Paul, will you come with me so he won't feel that I am trying to flirt with him?" or "Paul, I am here to talk to you about this or that, but I am not here to pick you up." She even went as far as to tell people that she thought Paul was trying to pick her up. Many people who were not part of the "case" thought Paul had a problem...but the reality of it was she did indeed SH him. The case went on and was finally settled (she moved to another office), but the idea is that Paul was almost in a lose-lose situation.

Another issue that surrounds men in the world we live in today is that as men are we not supposed to want advances made by women? Isn't that supposed to be lockerroom discussion material?

This is what you expect to hear,
"Hey Todd" "Yeah Bill" "Man I think Barb wants it man, she came over to my desk today and kept looking at my crotch dude." "No way man, she is a always looking at me too...Maybe she needs a good pounding..."

If you heard this, you would wonder a little,
"Hey Todd" :Yeah Bill" "Man I think Barb wants it, she came over to my desk and kept looking at my crotch." "No wayman...she is always looking at me too...I mean she is attractive and all, but I feel like I am on auction when ever she comes around." " I know what you mean. I cringe whenver she comes to me desk, I have lots to do, I mean that is why I took this job, but she is always coming over to talk to me, and staring at my crotch..it bothers me."

Because of the two sided world that we live in (and we helped create) it is not really accepted for a man to complain about SH. The few instances of men actually filling comlaints in the area I work actually led to rumors starting about their sexual preference. We are supposed to the the "stronger" sex, the one that is less emotional...and all that crap and baggage. The reality is that we are human.

With this in mind, how does a man stop or report inappropriate behavior in the work place? To me inappropriate is inappropriate. Should not matter if it is man or woman. To me there is no place at work for sex. I won't lie and say I don't look at women in my workplace and think...that is natural. But to take action that furthers this is wrong.

Sorry about the length of this post, just wanted to add something to the discussion, hope I have.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I will now reiterate for the third time that I said "Firing" was an inappropriate action for "Gawking". In our little discussion here, Cara was simply sharing her feelings in our support group about how she felt about being close to a noticably well hung man. Perfectly natural. He hadn't noticed her looking, nor was he made to feel uncomfortable. IF HE HAD, he would have certainly had the right to say something to her asking her to stop, or mention it to a supervisor and have them ask her to stop. I feel either thing would have been completely effective, having spoken to Cara several times, I know she would never want to hurt anyone! Even in your example of an extreme case where the woman was just an asshole, she was relocated, NOT FIRED!!! I simply said that I've never heard of a case where an employee was FIRED for SH that did not have more serious implications, and I certainly have not. I am not suggesting that men should have to tolerate unwelcome advances, but simply that things be dealt with in an appropriate manner. I have sat in on cases where there was groping and one where a woman was told "her job depended on it" and even those two men were not fired, one was relocated and one was demoted from manager to asst., so I will repeat yet again that it is incomprehensible TO ME that anyone would be FIRED for GAWKING, that's just not how the system works.

As more and more women join the workforce, equality becomes more of an issue. Equality pertains to responsibility as well as priveledge. I submit that if you used the same barometer to measure men's overall treatment of women on the workforce as you are now using to gauge women's treatment of men, you would (as I do) find this converstion rather silly! I have had these exact things happen to me mulitples of times and it never even occured to me to file a sexual harrassment suit! I am grown and I can take care of myself, and if I can't I should stay home and bake brownies, which is an honorable choice as well. I object to the idea that a man would not be able to manage a very minor issue on his own without bringing legalities into it (ooh, she looked at me...I'm gonna get her fired!). Now, if it was persistant, overt or he had attempted to stop it, we're getting into another realm which was NOT the case we were discussing. Maybe this was where the confusion started as the thread evolved. Read the original post, it was not about bringing harm to anyone, it was about sharing a secret in what is suppposed to be a supportive environment. I am very disappointed it took this route.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Madame Z. imagine if at work one of your co-workers you did not find attractive (I say this as you seem to be very open about your sexuality (congrats by the way)) made time everyday to come to your desk. In the course of the visit, it was obvious that he was looking at your "private parts" and sported a woody. Most women I know would find this inappropriate behavior in the work place. And like you, most women would probably do something to stop to this inappropriate behavior.

But lets look at this from a Man's perspective. Maybe the co-worker is uncomfortable with Cara's actions, but as a man he can't really complain. If he mentions it to the women, she can say he is mistaken"

Okay, so I'm still not over it. This has happened to me as an employee, as a manager and as a co-worker. I am a well developed woman, so I wear suit jackets with button up blouses and try not to show off at work, however, men often feel free to look, leer and make lewd jokes in front of me (as well as many other women). They still perceive it as a "man's world" and we women have to deal with it if we want to work there. I have easily been able to let my feelings be known without having to run to the supervisor every time it happens, I would need track shoes to do that! You think I've never seen a woody on a man at work???
Get real! Men (some) don't even try to be sly about looking, so this is something women have been dealing with for years!!! I am glad we are finding ourselves in an era where these things are being looked at more critically, but doubtless_mouse, even you are suggesting that the man has it worse than the woman because of some ego thing that he may not be perceived as "manly" and that's just bullshit! It's either the same offense or it's not. It gets either the same treatment or it doesn't. If the 98% of sexual harrassment on the job that is male on female is treated with kid gloves, then I see no reason why the 2% which is female on male should be pushed to the forefront and treated as if it's the issue of the day. Bullshit again. Harrumph.

blar

Experimental Member
Media
doubtless_mouse!!! glad to see you back...i thought you might of changed your user name or something since the website changed

maverackstud8: I think a comment on your bulge is ok.but diving it on the street or might not be nice.

What if a guy stuffs a sock down there?
I never resorted to this,but you hear stories

Do guys do this ?

maverackstud8: Do Guys Like Being Gawked?".

Well,I wonder now about girl,that had a big crush me in grade and chased around the dress back grade school.I was flattered,but maybe I should have screemed sexual harrashment.helppp helppppppppp.
Usually,I'm flattered by female commentary.

I remember,the one time ,while waiting for a bus a while back ,three young ladies walking down the street-toward me-looking at me,giggling and chatting,as they walked close to me.I wasn't sure,what they talking about,not having super hearing.

The one girl as the three passed me,came up to me and ''Hello.do we know each ?''
I was surprised,after all I might have met her somewhere and just didn't remember her or she might have thought I was somebody else she knew-you never know.I've mistaken for other people before.
''I answered.''I don't know.maybe.''
She said.''We should-cause I COULD LOVE YOU.''
''Your cute.''she added.
She walked on.saying basically.over and over ''Oh,I could love.''

It was flattering.

It isn't the first this happened.I had others females comment on my looks.You get used to it.I remember a few other times,I was hot or cute the opposite sex.I remember,years ago,the one gal-walking her two co-worked down Chestnut,who was practically drooling over me as I walked in front of her.She kept saying how cute I was.I had a nice ass and all.Her freinds telling to go over me and ask me out.but she afraid I guess.I was temped to turn around and ask her out,but the three walking a building and disappeared before I could do anything.The things was she was kind a cute herself.nice body,pretty face.She gave a few glances and few hair flips and walked out my life.I waited around for a bit,but I assume she went to her job and never saw her again in center city.
Shame she nice.I'd took her out and maybe if she wanted,fucked her cross-eyed ,silly and stupid.

I've never really had much problem with anyone on a job.I've never had a woman say fuck me or your fired,because I more likely have fuck her get than get fired.That’s a joke-OK?

There has been a few situation were trouble happens,but I think both party&#39;s be adult about it. Those were outside work:unsure: <_< Mostly,the girls,were co-workers,who wanted to get into my pants.-that’s about it.No boss said fuck me or else.

I&#39;m not being an ego case,even if I am a leo.No,I had to get used to some female think I&#39;m sexy.I&#39;ve females come onto me.It can be nice.I even had a guy,tell me being a good looking guy,if I was a girl,he&#39;d ask me out.I have had a few woman like me that way.Too bad Kate Beckensale wasn&#39;t one of them.BOY,SHE IS HOT-NICE BUM.
Anyway.
I never had anything where I screamed oh,I was brutalized-wooh is me,I&#39;m suing.The boss,with sexy body and huge breasted forced to all sorts of things.It was terrible.

I can imagine,a lawyer or judge,asking me how times did you get erect,fuck the boss silly,get head and so on.
&#39;&#39;oh.47 time-47 times.47 times.&#39;&#39;
And hello.moron-your female boss is Tina Small or Pamela Anderson.You got harassed-you lucky bastard.
Wish I had your problems. :D

But get the point.guys should have equal right under the law.

of course if any of ladies,want me to your personal assistant-call 555-678-0987.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maverick, I laughed my ass of over this one&#33; I&#39;m still laughing right now as I&#39;m trying to type, so I&#39;ll apologise in advance for the typos that are sure to follow.

You got down to the two most important ideas tho, 1) both parties should behave like adults and 2) men should have equal protection under the law. I think we can all pretty much agree with those ideas even tho we may have slightly varying opinions about the rest.

I will be repeating the line "47 times, 47 times, 47 times" to myself for the rest of the day, thanks for this hilarious post&#33; Yeah, you&#39;re still ranting, but this one was well worth it&#33; I got my king sized cup of coffee and settled in for a long read, so I was ready for it.

maverackstud8: Do some guy shove socks down there ?
Just wondering ? I never did this or had to,but you hear stories from people.
I remember a skit on SNL,where Jim Balushi shuffed about two tons of toilet paper,in his pants,to make the women,think he was hung.

Do guys do this ? And if so,who ? :D

We want names,addresses,ltimes and locations. :D

Seems I asked before...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I must say I&#39;ve been fortunate enough not to have found a guy doing this&#33; I would rather see his real bulge, regardless of the size, than a sock- only to be let down at that crucial moment...

maverackstud8: Just figured I&#39;d ask.

I should have wished everyone a happy 4th,but got into a fight with certain creepy members,who must be stuffing crap in their heads and should socks in the mouth before they visit the board.Obviously,they are kinds of people,that laugh at a grenade thrown into an orphanage full of sick kids.
I&#39;m wondering maybe brain and cock isn&#39;t uniform.Certainly,kindness is vacant with them.Everything is a big ha ha joke with those kind of people-including the one,I talked to on a chat room,once a while back depressed over a boyfreind dumping her and feeling suicidal.They all acted as if,somebody on the edge,was just another faceless nick name.-lets poke fun at-but I saw it someone crying for some human kindness and assurance.I talked to her for a bit and hopefully,helped from doing something stupid.
I don&#39;t helping a stranger.Maybe I got a superman complex or something,but helping a stranger is something I&#39;ve tried to do before.Maybe,I&#39;m better than the human dirt here masquerading as a human beings-but are nothing pure human excrement.

Too bad,sometimes nobody returns the favor.Maybe,when they are in a bad state-dying or life treats em like shit.I&#39;ll be way to busy to care.

BRMSTN69: mavarac, I hope you didn&#39;t think I was being cruel, I was just explaining the meaning of your post

palladen: Besides, socks are itchy enough on your feet ... why would you want one (or two or three) in your underwear? ;)

p

palladen: Not to mention: how do you keep them in place if you wear boxers? Tape + crotch = bad combo :blink:
Like tender said, what would your partner think if you dropped inches when your shorts dropped? :angry:

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by autumnbreeze4321@Jun 16 2004, 03:47 PM
We decided not to waste our time on small guys. We make sure we check out the goods first-making out fully clothed to do our best to determine his size. If he seems to be small, we tactfully back out with a line such as" I just don&#39;t feel this is going to work out" or something similar.
AutumBreeze,

I&#39;m glad you give the guys an opportunity to &#39;rise to the ocassion&#39; before deciding whether to continue or not. As a &#39;grower&#39; I don&#39;t have much of a bulge when I&#39;m not aroused. But just give me 1 minute of making out and I&#39;ll have a very prominent bulge that will be a preview of things to come (pun intended.) ;) Even a slow dance on the dance floor can get me going. Have to be careful there to not get thrown out or arrested. :lol:

LapDog2001