Advice about Mixed Signals I've been getting from a guy.

swimmersox

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For god's sake, man, talk to the guy.
Seems to me it doesn't matter about what. I like the 'ask about clubs' idea, but even some silly chit/chat about classes, weather, etc. ought to do it.
Watch for eye contact, smiles, etc. from him.
Bottom line, though, you've got this crazy crush and you should do something about it. So what if it turns out he's straight (could be a new friend), or even, in the very unlikely event things get a little weird, what's the harm? What's to lose? Seems to me things are ALREADY plenty weird.
Finally, you may identify as straight (as I do), but it seems pretty clear that you (like me) also do have a serious same-sex-attraction streak. Your strong focus on this guy and this situation make that clear, as does your choice of words about him. That's nothing at all to be afraid of.
So, grow a pair already and go for it.
Good luck!

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey come on, it's you giving the mixed signals here: making eye contact and smiling with him, then ignoring his presence.

From the little that you've said of him he's not the kind to get pushy so nothing's gonna happen (even a straight friendship) unless you losen up a bit.

Guys are bad at reading body-language consciously, but our sub-conscious still knows what's going on - we call that a "gut feeling" and it's best acted on. There's some kind of bonding potential here but only time will tell if it includes a sexual element.

Which reminds me, I must open up a bit more to that friendly hunk at the gym...

kiahman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Refresh, my suggestion is to take a big step back and discover more about yourself. Ultimately, your sexual orientation should not be based on the feelings one guy may have for you. Get to know a bit more about yourself, and be open to the possibility that you could be bisexual (or deeply bi-curious).

After you experience this period of introspection, perhaps you wont be so concerned about this guy, because a calming sense of confidence will enable you to ease into a genuine conversation with Mr. Campus McDreamy. At least that's what happened to me at my small, private, catholic, liberal arts college (now university) in Baltimore, MD.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you ignore him then you are saying you don't EVEN want to be friends! Don't you want to be friends? No matter if he's gay or straight? Smile at him at least! Listen to the bright warm side of yourself!

dakingfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Maybe you could ask him to go to a pizza joint with you, or shoot a little pool, maybe even a coffee house. Out of the confines of the school, he may give a better vibe. Who knows, he may be crushing on you a bit. Just proceed with caution and if nothing else, maybe you will have a new friend.