Advice on craigslist

Turndown4what

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Hey so I was wondering if anyone can shed any helpful advice on hooking up off Craigslist.
I know half of whatevers on there is either fake, bot or hookers. In addition i know it is always important to stay safe in all aspects.
Is there anything I should be on the lookout for as a red flag? Also what is the deal with pnp?

D

deleted1027980

I'd also like some advice. They come off as vague/curt but expect face/body pictures.

chancesare

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stay away from pnp or partiers, unless you want a disease or HIV. If you don't know a term you read, Google it. Be prepared to put in some time finding someone serious and willing to meet. Ask questions about status and disease. Be aware of the risk and keep your wits about you. Also, create a fake email with a fake name. There are really nice guys on Craigslist, but you have to dive in and be patient.

Truckin horny

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd also like some advice. They come off as vague/curt but expect face/body pictures.

Some r just pic collectors so now if I go on there there is no pic and if u can't meet what I want the f-off! I have met some awesome ppl on there and then the lies that say they r hot but well, yeah it is nasty sometimes!

BigD_2

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IMHO: Yes you must have a fake email to do Craigslist hookups, and yes stay away from PNP guys, aka guys who use a capiTal T in their texT somewhere (looking for T=tina=crystal meth) or who are looking to go skiing (cocaine) or who have/are looking for favors (drugs).

I go in phases but have definitely observed and used CL for hookups off and on for quite a while and never had a really bad experience. Without really thinking about it until now, I have not had a CL hookup come to my house; I think I'm concerned that if things are going badly I want to be able to just leave, rather than have to attempt to throw someone out. I always meet at their place or at another location.

In general I guess what I would say is, go into your Craigslist hook-up search with an open mind and/or limited expectations. I mean, there are some super hot guys that hook up via Craigslist but they are fewer and further between than we'd all like so don't get your hopes all set on Mr Perfect being the only person who replies to your ad. If you only want to hook up with (say) hot Asians between 28-36, you'll have less luck than if you are just looking for someone who it seems like you might sexually connect with.

Always get a picture, of at least something. If the guy has no pictures, something's seriously amiss.

At least 50% (probably more like 75%+) of responses you get will not ever pan out to be anything, even the ones you are interested in, so now that going in. It's not about you, it's the nature of CL.

Look for travelers / search the listings by "hotel" - those guys are much more likely to be honest and uninhibited (and much less likely to be drug users).

In my experience, CL guys lie mostly about 2 things: their age and their weight. So if he's "45", there's a pretty good chance he's in his 50's. Maybe that bothers you, maybe it doesn't, but that's been my experience. And the weight: I think sometimes guys really think they are still 160 because they were once...they are not trying to deceive you necessarily, they just have deceived themselves into really believing that they are still 160 even though they are 180 now.

I don't respond to ads that would be even mildly inconvenient to get to. I have the luxury of being in an urban area where there are always a bunch of guys looking, but since that's true I am not driving 20 miles to meet up with someone who I might not enjoy THAT much.

Often when I have responded to a guy who looks hot and/or has a big dick he wants to know if I am generous...which means he wants me to pay him to suck that amazing cock. Up to you if you want to do it; I never have. (I can get good dick for free, why pay? Plus, why does he want $65 for a blowjob right now? - in my mind, most logical answer is "so he can go get drugs" which I'm not all about).

PittCoupleN

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Our first successful meet up was with a guy my husband found on CL after failing in other venues like SLS and Adult Friend Finder. He had a really detailed plan to meet someone that worked really well. First by looking through the ads and initiating the contact. If you watch long enough you'll notice patterns. Included in that contact were some very specific boundaries we both agreed had to be met then dismissing anyone who by virtue of their response we could tell hadn't closely read our message and/or disregarded the "rules" we'd outlined.

We found it helpful to first, not be in such a rush that we acted carelessly, second not providing any personal details or contact information that would lead to them finding us before we were ready and third setting some rules we made clear we expected to be followed dismissing anyone who showed even a hint of not being able or willing to follow them.

For instance when we made our initial contact we gave a general idea what we were looking for and made it clear there'd be no exchanging of phone numbers, explicit photos or other personal information until we'd exchanged a few emails and were confident there was enough common interest to proceed. 90% of the guys weeded themselves out by responding to the initial contact with some form of let's meet for a drink, here's my phone number, etc ...

Be clear about what you want, both from them and in your mind, what your boundaries are, don't be hesitant to ask questions, even more than once as liars tend to expose themselves and be wary of anyone who seems overly anxious to meet and careless with their own safety.

Last edited:

Jimmy2timez

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Our first successful meet up was with a guy my husband found on CL after failing in other venues like SLS and Adult Friend Finder. He had a really detailed plan to meet someone that worked really well. First by looking through the ads and initiating the contact. If you watch long enough you'll notice patterns. Included in that contact were some very specific boundaries we both agreed had to be met then dismissing anyone who by virtue of their response we could tell hadn't closely read our message and/or disregarded the "rules" we'd outlined.

We found it helpful to first, not be in such a rush that we acted carelessly, second not providing any personal details or contact information that would lead to them finding us before we were ready and third setting some rules we made clear we expected to be followed dismissing anyone who showed even a hint of not being able or willing to follow them.

For instance when we made our initial contact we gave a general idea what we were looking for and made it clear there'd be no exchanging of phone numbers, explicit photos or other personal information until we'd exchanged a few emails and were confident there was enough common interest to proceed. 90% of the guys weeded themselves out by responding to the initial contact with some form of let's meet for a drink, here's my phone number, etc ...

Be clear about what you want, both from them and in your mind, what your boundaries are, don't be hesitant to ask questions, even more than once as liars tend to expose themselves and be wary of anyone who seems overly anxious to meet and careless with their own safety.
Whhhoooo u saved me thanks so much beautiful