Advice On Making Gay Friends

Hey im 20 and live in the south and just moved and have no lgbt friends and i have been to a few gay clubs and drag shows and i always leave feeling more alone than before because no one talks to me. Is the gay community just hard to get into or am I doing it wrong I just want friends that are like me. Also i havent dated in a long time and i feel like i dont even know how to meet other gay friends let alone partners idk. Any advice?

Reactions: malakos

Rockhard76

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just relax dude. Get chatting to the barman, they will know everyone. And will put you at ease. Then they might suggest ppl that you have things in common with, the barman will be your best bet!

MusicBear88

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's hard for a lot of people to make friends. I'm very shy when I don't have the benefit of the cyber-barrier between me and the other person until I get to know somebody pretty well. When I go to a gathering, I consider it a personal triumph if I can talk to one person without using an app! In a gay bar or another environment where you're pretty sure that everybody is gay, I've found that eye contact is different. When we're out on the street, we don't make eye contact because somehow we've been conditioned that it's uncomfortable and impolite. But if I'm in Provincetown during Bear Week, at Pride, or in a gay club and I see somebody attractive, I try to make eye contact, not as a way of saying that I want to do anything with them (though I might!) but because eye contact and a smile can make somebody else feel flattered and complimented. It can be a challenge, but it's also a fairly easy first step to take. Once you've made eye contact, try saying "hello." If they say "hello" back, try saying something else. One step at a time.