Advice on new computer

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always been illiterate about buying a new machine. But one lesson I learned when going around looking for a new laptop before was, taking the whole day surveying might be necessary, because different shop has different package that might be worth it more than the other shop.

I've always heard good feedback on Lenovo.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think there are a lot of competent laptops out there.
One thing about Lenovo, though, is how good the keyboards are.
Or used to be. Have they kept up standards since purchasing the line from IBM? I haven't heard anything bad.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Once you go MAC you'll never go back....
I agree 100%!

Must be true.
I have a psychotic iBook*, and now I want a sane Macbook.

* 1) You can be typing along and programs will suddenly open, unbidden.
2) Suddenly, whole swafts of text will be highlighted, and if you hit the wrong key, you delete hours worth of work.
3) Odd hesitations at times when you're moving from screen to screen.
I bought this one used, unseen ... and I have a feeling that it's former pappy was a real abusive meany.
I've taken it to the computer docs but they can neither make a diagnosis nor effect a cure.
But this is the only Mac I've heard about this happening to.
Sometimes I think it's haunted.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hear ya on the MAC thing. I am curious to try...the MAC. The program I have to run only works well on a PC though. When I replace my personal one though, I may be brave and give it a try.......I'll have a PC and a MAC...what the hell, I'm open to going both way...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I hear ya on the MAC thing. I am curious to try...the MAC. The program I have to run only works well on a PC though. When I replace my personal one though, I may be brave and give it a try.......I'll have a PC and a MAC...what the hell, I'm open to going both way...
Well, current Macs can run virtually any Windows-based program as far as I know.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, current Macs can run virtually any Windows-based program as far as I know.

I had heard they had a "PC mode." But the software people say they only provide support for PC units. I'm thinking they have no apple techs on hand and therefore do not want to deal with any possible issues that could arise that they would have no answer for.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't forget to check out the deals at TigerDirect.com they have lots of laptops even with the new I3 I5 and I7 processors as well as win7 installed.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm partial to the Thinkpads...errrr Lenovos.

Anyone have any takes on the Y models? Or the other letter models?
I just got a W500...not too shabby, runs Fedora 12 like a champ.

Overall, I believe the Thinkpads have declined in quality since IBM sold the brand off to Lenovo...my old T21 and T42 were rock solid in their day. My T61 was alright, though noticeably cheaper construction than its predecessor. The W500 feels about the same.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just got back from Best Buy.

OMG the iPAD is FUN !!!!! And the photo and movie features on the MAC's was incredible!!!

I must say the Toshiba felt like a nice unit and was great bang for the buck.

I think I'm going to get just enough PC to do the job for work - probably the Toshiba unless I can find a better deal.

But I think my personal lap and my desktop are going to be switching to Macs.....