Advice required

SteveT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I started a business with a mate of mine last year.

We jokingly agreed that we should split the profits according to our dick size.

We shook hands on it.

I take the view that shaking hands means that "that's that". My mate is bigger than me, but he says we should split 50:50. I feel uncomfortable though that as we shook hands, a deal is a deal.

We both refuse to back down.

Who should back down??

aido

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
what kind of business did you set up that dick size allows for allocation of profits??? Like, seriously dude. Profits should be spilt as per the proportion of investment; if you invested 50% you get 50% back.

DOUWNT2FUK

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
if he just want to take 50% and you want less than that. You can send the rest to me!! I'll be glad to help!!!

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

We shook hands on it.

I take the view that shaking hands means that "that's that". My mate is bigger than me, but he says we should split 50:50. I feel uncomfortable though that as we shook hands, a deal is a deal.

Who should back down??

Comparing dick size with your buddy can be fun. Using it as a guide for business matters is a different story. This guy is a true friend and wants to treat you right. Take the fifty percent of the profits. Use the extra money to buy a porsche and get more action. :wink:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Personally, whenever I shake or promise, I'll uphold no matter the circumstances(having only given my word half a dozen times, I feel it's not something to be given lightly :redface:).

As for this situation, how "jokingly" was the deal made way back when?

Business etiquette = he backs down
Morals = you back down
Which is more important to you? :tongue:

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
We jokingly agreed
I take the view that shaking hands means that "that's that".

Obviously the agreement was taken as a joke.

Get all agreements in writing Steve from the break.

A handshake won't hold up in a court of law.:tongue:

Mike0950

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Take the 50%, and use the difference to buy him a porsche (or whatever he would appreciate) for being such a good sport

BIGCOCKsucker

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Out of curiosity, what would the split be based on your dick sizes? You get 47% and he gets 53%? How do the numbers lay out?

Bottom line: Your mate and business partner has a bigger dick than you have, so he calls the shots, and you split evenly at 50% each. Big of him to be so fair!

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

We shook hands on it.

Who should back down??

Two things that came to mind when I read you post was: unspoken communication and trust.

You've acknowledged that it was a joke yet you are refusing to treat the agreement with the same spirit in which it was made. Why is that?
If I were to put myself in your shoes, my response would be pride...I wouldn't want to accept his "charity" and I most certainly wouldn't want to admit that I was wrong. More importantly, through my insistence I would want to send a message that says that I am principled (I keep my promises/agreements), that I value him and through this I want him to know that he can trust me, yet at the same time I'd be saying that I don't trust him. I don't trust him enough to believe that he is making the right decision, nor do I trust him enough to know that if I accept his offer he won't end up resenting me for doing so.

If I were in your friend's shoes, I would be sending similar messages your way. I'd be saying that I want you to know that I am looking out for your best interests and I take you seriously enough for you to trust me. Yet at the same time, I don't trust your decisions nor do I trust you enough to know that you won't end up resenting me for taking the bigger portion.

Please bear in mind that firstly, I tend to be over analytical at the best of times. I also don't know either you or your friend so this is all a guess...hence my speaking about myself. You can apply my approach to your own knowledge of self and friend and formulate your own conclusions from it.

I really think that the issue at hand isn't the money, but a fight over who cares the most about the other, who is more principled than the other...at the core of it all, it's a fight to be trusted by the other.

I have two questions for you: Firstly, lets say your business prospered and in five years time your profit was in the millions, however in the midst of it all, you and your friend had become arch enemies and hated each others guts. Would the two of you still have this argument? On what would the decision of how the money would be divided be based?

Secondly, is your friend able to trust your decisions if you base your principles on a whim? Is your insistence constructive or destructive to your friendship?

I would accept your friend's offer. I would also make sensible business decisions in the future because I'd be setting myself and my friendship up for a fall. I hope that this helps. :smile:

BIGCOCKsucker

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More information, please! Who initially suggested(tongue in cheek) this profits split based on cock size? You or he? Had you been imbibing in a few pints at the time? Were you unaware of each other's erect size at the time of the hand shake? Did you then proceed to drop trousers, wank off and measure? Just wondering how this played out...

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
To keep both parties happy, if it were me then I would take the 50%. If you feel that, according to the original agreement, you are only entitled to 47% then give the other 3% to a worthwhile charity - Cancer Research, Terence Higgins .... whatever you feel is worthy. That way you keep your mate sweet, don't feel that you're taking advantage AND getting a warm, fuzzy feeling of satisfaction that you are doing something useful.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Out of curiosity, what would the profit allocation be if you did honor the handshake agreement? 51/49? 75/25? 99/1?

leenyc97

Sexy Member
Media
It can depend on the business. If you are an erotic dance team or prostitutes and his bigger cock brings in the bucks, then maybe he should get more.