Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i dont know. its one thing to say how you think you would react, but the reality is as a straight person i haven't had the life experiences necessarily to make that decision. or at least to really grasp the weight of the decision.

i know that its 2012, but unfortunately there are still quite a few intolerant people out there.

just a couple years ago a woman in my area was stabbed in the eye because she was gay.

that's pretty fucking serious.

D_Harry_Pitts

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would like to think yes. My family and real friend accept my other life choices that have set me apart from the "norm". I don't believe they would be any less accepting, and really those are the only people who's opinions personally matter.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
that's an impossible question for a straight man to answer
we can only tell you what we think we would do
but if we are straight, we are not truely in that situation
it's like asking what you'd do if you were in a gunfight
and you ask someone that was never in one
everyone has what they think they would do, but what they would really do is not out of some action movie

Pionex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have any idea what it would feel like to be a gay or bi sexualy man. I am straight and would not have any idea about coming out if I were gay. Kind of like asking someone what they would do if their hair was blonde and they actually had brown hair.
I am not sure I would want to know that about a friend or not. I don't go up to people and say"I am straight"! I like women...So, I don't think it would be important for someone to come out about their sexuality if they were gay. Some things should remain private and I think that is one.
I know a guy and his best buddy was gay and he did not know it. They had been friends for many, many years and finally the gay buddy told him that he was gay. This guy said he didn't know what to say to his buddy. The gay friend told him he had wanted to tell him for a long time but he just didn't. The straight guy said he felt different about the guy now and felt that he didn't need to know about his sexual preferences. He said he wished the guy would have just kept quiet about it.
We probably all know people who are gay or bi and we don't know it.
Not sure I said what I wanted but I just know I don't need to know things like that.
I feel that there are men and there are women for a reason and we seem to be forgeting that.