affiliated credit services made me pay a bill i did not make

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
someone stole my credit card to join isp.com and affiliated credit services sent me a bill for 21.90 and affiliated credit services made me pay a bill i did not make.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
First, make sure it's a legitimate bill. Many vendors send communications that look like official bills or vendor invoices and are nothing of the sort.

If it's a legitimate bill, challenge it with your credit card company. Make your credit card company show you proof your card was used for the transaction. You're protected from theft of, or fraud involving your credit card as long as you can prove it was stolen. The proof generally acceptable includes:

1) patterns that do not match previous card usage (geographic location, vendors, size of purchases, times, dates, and methods of purchase)
2) a police report
3) an insurance report
4) a record of previous communications with your credit card company reporting your card as stolen

Bank associations generally provide indemnity above $50, so if this is the only unauthorized use of your card, and you cannot prove your card was stolen, you may get to stuck for the bill. However, your first step is to challenge the charge with your credit card company. Do this immediately to preserve your rights.