Afghanistan may get 30K more U.S. troops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Marazion Analdouche, Dec 20, 2008.

1. D_Marazion Analdouche

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Everything will be just fine when the USA builds 25 McDonald's, three Chrysler and two GM dealerships in Kabul. Oh, what a wonderful world it will be. And let's not forget the George W. Bush Memorial Library that many are pushing to have built in Afghanistan rather than at Southern Methodist University. Yes, the world will just be peachy. Don't worry. Be happy.

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I'm inclined to listen to Wartrac's suggestions. Yet, I wouldn't take on a girl scout troop with Midlife. Keep on keeping on Midlife in the McDonald's drive-thru. You fill out that Wonder Woman outfit quite well. Hehe, we'd be a colony of Mexico if we relied on the likes of you. C'mon. Come after me again. I could buy and sell you 6 times before midnight.

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Star, you know I hate it when you get snarky. You're so hard to follow then. All convoluted and such as.

In the mean time, I've generally thought a few more troops in the old Af would probably be a good thing. As opposed to Iraq, where they probably mos' generally didn't belong to begin with. More or less. Although now that we're there 'n all, we've got to see it through, as I've said since day one. Mofo's got us in, now we've got to deal with it. Thanks.

#4 B_Nick8, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. uniqueusername

Short term strategy: Kill the terrorists

Long term strategy: Teach their daughters to read

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Seriously? Whose blog are you reading?

Just a question.

7. sargon20

Gold Member

It's all going to become a giant shell game. As those 30K troops once Afghanistan calms down, not won mind you, they will have to be hustled back to Iraq then back to Afganistan. No foreign invader has ever 'won' Afganistan. Over the centuries , the Persians, the Mongols, the British, the Soviets, the Pakistanis, and now the United States have tried. And now binLaden and crew seemed to have moved operations east to Pakistan.

8. John Estes

John Estes New Member

Haha, great post!

9. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Off-topic, but I recall my ex's second tour in Iraq, around 2004, he said there was a Burger King on post, and from day 1 it was ridiculously busy. He said there would be incoming sirens while standing in line, they'd scatter, the cooks would just continue, then come back and the food would be ready. A whopper turned into his wet dream while out on patrol. :biggrin1:

Until the people of Afghanistan decide what type of government they can collectively support, or finally partition along tribal/ideological lines, this sounds about right.

If stability follows the increase of soldiers, I expect some innovative ideas, from all quarters, about how to finally bring autonomy to Afghanistan - or whatever it ultimately becomes.

10. D_Marazion Analdouche

Yes Camp Liberty has a Burger King, as the great Rob Bass said, "I like the Whopper fuck the Big Mac". Which I completely agree with......

It's a way to blind us, we cannot arm you properly, however here, have a burger to tide you over.:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted