Afraid to show in locker room?

shortrib

Experimental Member
Media
Springfield (Massachusetts, United States)
I just recently joined a local YMCA to lose weight, lower blood pressure, etc.
Being 300 pounds when I started out made me very self conscience about being nude in the locker room/showers. Oh, and by the way, I have a tiny dick, and never been nude in a locker room before now. Perhaps being almost 40 now made me get over things, and when I showed up for my first workout, I stripped and took a shower like a normal guy would. Totally survived. But my story and reason for the post is about all the guys that don't go nude. So far, I've seen a guy go back and forth from his locker about six times, and do the strip/dress under the towel, and in the shower I've seen guys in undies, I've seen a guy in undies and sweatpants, and two guys fully dressed. I've seen guys with their duffel bag in the shower area with all their belongings. To be fair, I've seen a few guys enter the shower in their underwear/swimsuit but strip as their showering with the intention to rinse out those items as well as shower. My whole thought to those guys who seem afraid or panicked to get naked is just to look at me. I'm doing it, and who cares really? I've not gotten any comments. *shrug*
The guy who showered in his sweatpants really threw me because I saw him walk out to a pool/sauna area and not the locker room. I don't know he could've been up to with soaking wet sweatpants on. Cya!

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is alot of self consciousness out there, I am not one to parade around with my wares on show in that situation!

However some guys have a fear of being perved on just as much as being ridiculed.

The sweatpants thing is just plain weird though

InverS

1st Like
Media
i work where i have to shower at the end of almost every day, so i've learned to get used to it. but i never had any issues. hell, i'm hetro, and i'd probably feel quite complemented if a guy told me i looked good naked, but it wouldn't bother me as that's as far as he'd get!!!

:)

bottom line, love your body! being naked doesn't mean shit. it's what your intentions are when you are naked that changes it.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i work where i have to shower at the end of almost every day, so i've learned to get used to it. but i never had any issues. hell, i'm hetro, and i'd probably feel quite complemented if a guy told me i looked good naked, but it wouldn't bother me as that's as far as he'd get!!!

:)

bottom line, love your body! being naked doesn't mean shit. it's what your intentions are when you are naked that changes it.
I agree with you. They're strangers. Let them do them and you do you. If you're inquisitive about why a particular person does something a certain way, then just ask them. One of two things will happen, they'll either tell you the truth or tell you to fuck off. You just have to brace yourself for their response.

luke nutley

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was only self-conscious the first time I went to the gym. After that, I got over it.

I have seen some strange sights in the locker room though including one young guy (he must have been 18 or so) who went to such a ridiculous extreme to not have anyone see his dick or even his ass as he changed, that it made everyone watch him more.

If he'd just stripped off and changed clothes like a normal person instead of doing it in the corner and under a towel and all this other shit, nobody would have paid him any attention.

At the previous gym I used to go to, there was an old fat guy who wore an adult diaper and he wasn't shy or embarrassed about it either. He'd actually weigh himself while dressed in nothing but the diaper.

I don't know why so many guys are shy about undressing in the locker room considering most dicks you see are small. I've yet to see a whopper. Most are like buttons.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So what about the guy whowore his trunks to the shower,stood there and rubbed one off with a bar of soapin his swimwear...and obviously it was too big to remainin his trunks after a while!I thought that was a bit unusual!

sizexxx

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I tend to shy away from displaying my junk for all to see in the locker room, but only because I am afraid of getting an erection and having other guys think it is because of them. More likely than not, if I got hard then it would be because showing off turns me on. I haven't been in a locker room in a while though. Maybe I'd have better control than when I was a teenager now that I'm out of adolescence.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've seen this kind of bashfulness a lot in the locker room, mostly from younger guys. I have no problem with being naked in the locker room - after all, it's a place to get changed and shower.

I do tend to notice guys looking at me but it doesn't bother me at all. There is a guy in his early 20s at my gym who used to go out of his way to walk around naked, shave naked, talk to his buddies naked. He's in great shape and I think he liked to show off his physique. About three weeks ago we crossed paths as I was walking out of the shower. I saw his eyes drop to my swinging 5 1/2" softie. He's about 3 1/2", maybe 4" - quite average. Since then he's been wrapping a towel around his waist.

It's not like I went out of my way to 'best' him, but I guess some of these alpha dog types will tuck their tails under some circumstances!

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend to shy away from displaying my junk for all to see in the locker room, but only because I am afraid of getting an erection and having other guys think it is because of them. More likely than not, if I got hard then it would be because showing off turns me on. I haven't been in a locker room in a while though. Maybe I'd have better control than when I was a teenager now that I'm out of adolescence.

And here all this time, I thought the reason guys got hardons, was because they had a penis? That's what penises do. So I never though much of it, as long as they don't flaunt it and try to show off or attract attention.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I work out on a regular basis and I almost always shower after.

However, I'm not shy when it comes to the locker room. I'm not really worried about what anyone thinks. Both gyms I use (at college and the local Y) have communal showers.

I'm comfortable being naked, hanging out for a while. Shave, sauna, shower, then get out and move on!

that being said, I have gotten a boner before. However, I was discrete and I definitly did not provoke it. It just kinda 'popped' up while I was in the shower. Only problam was that my towel was hanging on the other side of the communal shower room...kinda akward, but I stayed cool and no one said anything.

i have also posted about a precum incident i had while shaving at the gym. no boner just for some reason i looked down and my cock was leaking away.

those experiences are the expception though. mostly, it's a relaxing way to end a great workout...

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess many people are shy and some don't do it because they just don't. Like me, I didn't grow up like most of my friend showering on the backyard or w/e. I never really got naked in a gym or school's but I am not afraid to. Maybe I don't want to be looked at or show off that way.
Don't get me wrong if i had to I would be going around naked I wouldn't care. But, I am not shy at all. And I have the package to go anywhere , body, dick, you name it.