after 50, maybe even after 40

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
Is this something that I imagine to be seeing, or is it for real?

Men over 50, maybe even over 40, admitting for the first time in their lives that they could be at least bisexual, or that they could have feelings or desire for another man, even if these feelings and desires never get acted upon.

Has it always been like that, in older generations? Or is this a new pattern emerging? How does it affect women? And are women also experiencing the same towards other women?

maunakea8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You're not imagining it...it's for real and has been this way since the beginning of time. The difference now, is we have more outlets and avenues to experience the bi-curios world without humiliation or having to belong to a bath house...or a tupperware club!

maunakea8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You're not imagining it...it's for real and has been this way since the beginning of time. The difference now, is we have more outlets and avenues to experience the bi-curious world without humiliation or having to belong to a bath house...or a tupperware club!

Account Disabled
Media
You're not imagining it...it's for real and has been this way since the beginning of time. The difference now, is we have more outlets and avenues to experience the bi-curious world without humiliation or having to belong to a bath house...or a tupperware club!

haha

Well, it is interesting to hear this from you, since you describe yourself as 1% gay.

Account Disabled
Media
If it is a trend, I don't think it's new.

I would agree with you, but as Maunakea above said, there are many more outlets these days.

I was thinking about my father and other uncles on both sides of my family. As far as I know, they were straight until their last breath. All of them only encouraged me to be straight. I remember once I was walking down a road with my father. I was probably 20, and he was 50. Another guy my age came by, and he and me exchanged glances. I looked at him again, and at this point my father interfered. He told me very seriously:

"You should never look at another man twice."

I know, I know, this was off-topic... but it came through my mind right now, and I felt like sharing.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not new, it's always been about the same proportion as it is now. Societal norms ARE changing, which is why more people feel free to try "something different". A friend of mine's father is gay as a goose---but will never, ever act on it because of his religious background and his age (now approaching 90)---and I don't just mean, because he's 90, I mean because his peer group just wouldn't do that.

In the past, men have always met other men---they just did it via notes on bathroom walls, etc---and discovery would ruin not only their marraiges, but their careers and lives.

I'm glad I live now.

MC1000

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with our "Mid-Life Crisis." When I'm finished with mine maybe I can be a little more precise!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There could be many, many reasons for this.

The digital age has ushered in the ability for people to gather, evaluate and read more information than ever before. Moreover, the digital age has allowed people to feel less and less alone, different and/or alienated.

Then, when you remember that individuals realize who they are at different points in their lives based on LOTS of factors, it does not surprise me that this "trend" is becoming more and more apparent.

I did not realize I am who I am until past 30. Without this site and other outlets, who knows how much longer it would have taken me to reach this realization (if ever).

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think its for real Joca
I have never been one who has thought it neccesary to boldy declare
'Im Gay'
My Parents possibly knew well before me, and showed respect
(used correctly-unlike THAT thread)
and never broached the subject with me.
We are talking the 60/70,s
I believe 2010, .. 1980 onwards .. perhaps
What you have said in your opening comment,s is true
because of the way Society has developed, people are far more open' now
as for older Generations
i can only surmise they were even more 'closed shop' than i was.
enz

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is this something that I imagine to be seeing, or is it for real?

Men over 50, maybe even over 40, admitting for the first time in their lives that they could be at least bisexual, or that they could have feelings or desire for another man, even if these feelings and desires never get acted upon.

Has it always been like that, in older generations?

I have always known what I wanted since I was a teenager. I like guys. At my age and after all I have endured with men...I still would be with a guy. I wish I were bisexual. I would be able to date and fuck women for a while until they disappointed me so I could go back dating and fucking men again.:biggrin1:

But that isn't the case with me. I never had any sexual urges towards women.

I haven't seen too many older bisexual trends. But because I haven't seen them doesn't mean that they don't exist. Could possibly happen.