After reading these two articles I have a very bad feeling

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't forget that a recent study involving more than 20 big colleges across the country found that Americans critical thinking and problem solving abilities are not improving from when they enter college to when they leave. Classes are requiring less and less mastery of a discipline and are instead favoring regurgitation of bullet points from text books worth no real understanding.

SpiceFromIndia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
@mexdude
How does the above video of any help? We live in modern world and are not ready to let the current amneties go. It is the future compared to present is worrying me. And I am only talking about america, china and other country will still go ahead.

The question is are we ready to go backwards ?

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How does the above video of any help? We live in modern world and are not ready to let the current amneties go. It is the future compared to present is worrying me. And I am only talking about america, china and other country will still go ahead.
Well, in the video despite all the previous economic crashes, countries still grow, so, thats why i posted it

SpiceFromIndia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
seriously?
any country's asset is its own people and people are dumber and lazier than the past. Our fathers worked hard to bring this to country to its present shape but we are not ready to carry that torch.

are you thinking of your dick or something ?

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
seriously?
any country's asset is its own people and people are dumber and lazier than the past. Our fathers worked hard to bring this to country to its present shape but we are not ready to carry that torch.

are you thinking of your dick or something ?
I don think dumber, more like less focused, but still i see hope everywhere, if africa seems to grow a little, any other region of the world can

Oliver_Clothesoff

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Regarding the first one, can't we just put it on a credit card like everyone else does? Heck, use a Discover. The government would get paid back 1% which is (if I have my math right) $140 billion. That's quite a bit.

Regarding the second, my sister-in-law teaches Special Ed at a local high school. She says one problem with our testing is that we test all the kids while a lot of other countries only test their best so some of these reports have to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't get my head around $14,000,000,000,000. But $45,300 per person I can understand.

Of course people aren't being asked to repay this now, just service the interest on it. And at the moment the interest rate (bond yields) is quite low, under 3%. So the interest is something like $1,350pa. This is a lot of tax to pay for no actual benefit, but it is possible to pay it.

But the US has two problems. The first is that the debt has doubled in the last six years and is still going up. So by 2017 the interest payments alone might be $2,700pp. Ouch. Remember this is pp, including children, the retired. But even this is payable. The second problem kicks in if the markets decide there is a risk (however small) that one day the USA will not be able to service its debt. Greece and Ireland have seen bond yields around four times the US levels. So overnight the interest payment per person could go up from a present $1,350 to over $5,000 - or with increased debt to over $10,000. Suddenly this country is in a position where no-one believes the tax payers can pay the burden imposed, everyone believes the debts won't be repaid and the economy goes into a death spiral. Nations like Greece and Ireland can call in a bailout - but there is no-one big enough to bail out the US.

The worry is that the process is market driven, not politician driven.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I can't get my head around $14,000,000,000,000. But $45,300 per person I can understand.

Of course people aren't being asked to repay this now, just service the interest on it. And at the moment the interest rate (bond yields) is quite low, under 3%. So the interest is something like $1,350pa. This is a lot of tax to pay for no actual benefit, but it is possible to pay it.

But the US has two problems. The first is that the debt has doubled in the last six years and is still going up. So by 2017 the interest payments alone might be $2,700pp. Ouch. Remember this is pp, including children, the retired. But even this is payable. The second problem kicks in if the markets decide there is a risk (however small) that one day the USA will not be able to service its debt. Greece and Ireland have seen bond yields around four times the US levels. So overnight the interest payment per person could go up from a present $1,350 to over $5,000 - or with increased debt to over $10,000. Suddenly this country is in a position where no-one believes the tax payers can pay the burden imposed, everyone believes the debts won't be repaid and the economy goes into a death spiral. Nations like Greece and Ireland can call in a bailout - but there is no-one big enough to bail out the US.

The worry is that the process is market driven, not politician driven.

As someone who pays bunches of tax in the USA, it's too bad we couldn't pay off our part of the burgeoning debt, giving the USA a small windfall, and leaving those of us who realize taxes are a necessary evil to just have the rest of the taxes we pay earmarked for paying for those things we need now. I'd happily write a check to the IRS for a meager $45,300, if it would do any good and the government reciprocated by not raising my taxes. Sadly, this is just an unworkable fantasy.