After Shave / Cologne Choice ?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Wondering what choice cologne or after-shave you guys prefer to use? --"brand names" that is...

(Women: Tell us what you like or recommend for your man!)

I received "Cool Water" and "Allure" recently as gifts--

I want to resume using some kind of men's fragrance but don't want anything "too over-powering" so to speak (around those in office who may have allergies!)
Any recommendations?
--Just something "fresh, clean-smelling, and masculine!
Thanks.

mikeyh9in: I would recommend a cologne called "Celine - pour homme".

Very nice, light fragance.

I would also recommend Mont Blanc-Presence... one of my favorites at the moment.

-Mike

jazzz14: "Angel for Men" - the best, extremely different. Not citrus at all - like most. Purchased it in Paris but I believe you can find it at Bloomingdales.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Nothing fancy. I have a Gilette sensitive skin moisturizer, but more often than not, I simply splash some astringent over the shaved area. Yes, it burns a bit, but no redness or burn or irritation thereafter -- a good tradeoff.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
'Appreciate all the responses so far! Thanks.

BTW--before someone brings up the new line of fragrances--- "pheromones", I am aware of those and they have their place and purpose ;) !!

I interested however, in just "general purpose" fragrances (as you're mentioning in your responses so far!) Again...thanks!

chris3430: Dolce and gabbana or bvlgari

-italian is the best!

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My favourite (for the 6th year in top): « Fahrenheit » by Christian Dior. I would bath in it ! Then, in no specific order: « Ultraviolet » by Paco Rabanne, « Uomo » di Laura Biagiotti, « Cool Water » by Davidoff and, recently I discovered « Byzance » by Guerlain. But « Fahrenheit » is truly my favourite.

biggbenn8: Well with my job I don't do any...(need my nose clear)..

and personally- most make my eyes burn...always has...

Maximillian: Montage by Graham Webb, the ladies seem to love it and always ask what I am wearing.

Finedessert: NOTHING--NOTHING--NOTHING

I'am afraid if I used any of those fancy smelling toilet waters my wrist would go limp.

Grandpa

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Grandpa....

Your comment did hit upon a "fear" I have carried most of my adult life I guess as a man...that cologne/aftershave conveyed an "effeminate" quality about the man wearing it!  Well, as I get older, I find I look upon such stereotypical ideas as rubbish!

--I'm sure (knowing you here with your great sense of humor we all love) that you meant that "limp wrist" comment light-heartedly.    :)

In business situations I am in daily, I have noticed a good number of executives who wear light-scented clean, fresh fragrances which were pleasant, not over-powering...that's why I came to the readers here to get advice about what's popular these days.

Thanks to all for your ideas!

bznapoleon: ::)
I tend to receive compliments from women when I wear Boucheron. But I am cautious to apply sparingly.
Some people are allergic. And on more than one occasion like in an elevator, or at the theatre, I have found heavily applied fragrances on others quite offensive.

alextg: I actually don't use aftershave or colognes, simply because shaving itself is sometimes too much for my skin.

I have, however, gotten a LOT of unsolicited positive comments and downright compliments from women simply because the Classic Old Spice deodorant (not anti-perspirent) works so well with my body chemistry.

My point is that perhaps trying a few of these, if possible to do without buying the entire bottle, is a good option. Body chemistry is a thing unique for all of us, and you never know how something will work for you unless you wear it for a short while. My experience with colognes and perfumes is that they never smell exactly the same being worn by someone as they do in the bottle...

meathose10: Just soap and water..... Is there anything worse than being trapped in an elevator with some dude who has really doused himself ?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=meathose10 link=board=clothing;num=1041824961;start=15#15 date=01/14/03 at 21:37:03]Just soap and water..... Is there anything worse than being trapped in an elevator with some dude who has really doused himself ?[/quote]

Yep ... Being trapped in an elevator with a dude who doesn't believe in soap and water. And it can get worse if he just finished a big plate of beans & kraut! :eek:

alextg: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=clothing;num=1041824961;start=15#16 date=01/14/03 at 21:46:26]Yep ... Being trapped in an elevator with a dude who doesn't believe in soap and water. And it can get worse if he just finished a big plate of beans & kraut! :eek:[/quote]
Ah, that fresh European style, LOL!

(jk) ;D

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I brought this thread back up since there is currently
renewed interest in men's fragrances!

and, right here near the holiday shopping season, too! ;)

'Hope this helps some members.

(btw--Thanks to all for your original replies to my question posed earlier this year!)

SRV524: Hmm...this helps somewhat, but I was still looking for questions on Axe. Interesting replies though :)