After Shave / Cologne Choice ?

wvalady1968: [quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=clothing;num=1041824961;start=20#20 date=11/28/03 at 08:26:12]just cute. Like me.  ;D[/quote]

Yes, you are! :-*

I like Joop, used sparingly, so I can only smell it when I'm very, very close.
;)

Tender: off the subject slightly

does anyone notice how a scent can take you back to a certain time or place, a particular person ....
i remember back in junior high, i had sort of a puppy love boyfriend who was 3 yrs older,,,, and still when i pass someone wearing the same colonge, i remember things....
its kinda weird...

Tender

jimbo67: What is wrong with mild natural scents?

I do not use deoderant or after shave and use soap once a week over my entire body. My daily shower consists of rinsing with plain hot water, shampooing my hair and using soap on my face, neck, genitals, butt crack and feet. This leaves the rest of my body with a mild manly scent.

I work in a crowded office and have a clean-freak wife. There have never been any negative remarks.

Granted, strong BO is offensive; but so is using too much fragrance.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well, Jimbo, you might be the boss or the boss's son!

On the other hand, everybody knows that when you have a 'stinker' in the office, nobody wants to be the one to tell him. :D

Pecker

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

jimbo67: Pecker:

Maybe I did not stress the fact that if there is a scent, it is a "mild" scent. There is no strong BO. Rinsing the pits daily prevents that. If there is strong armpit smell after a sweaty workout, a hot shower rinse followed application of rubbing alcohol to the pits removes it.

I know what you mean about "stinkers" in the office. I find them ofensive also.

erikthestud69: I get more compliments on Nautica Latitude/Longitude than anything else i wear. It has a light, citrus-y smell to it.

On another note, I have been searching for a cologne that I smelled on a guy a while back. It smelled of musk and incense and just had the most sensual aroma I have ever smelled. I have sampled tons of colognes, and can't seem to find it. I know this is not a lot to go on, but does anyone have any ideas what it may have been?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
erik, you may never find that scent until you find the guy who was wearing it.

Every cologne will change slightly with the wearer. You probably have come across the mystery scent, but since your chemistry is different from the guy you mentioned, it just won't smell the same.

Pecker

USA Today has come out with the results of a survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population.

Tender: [quote author=jimbo67 link=board=clothing;num=1041824961;start=20#25 date=11/30/03 at 05:54:50]Pecker:

Maybe I did not stress the fact that if there is a scent, it is a "mild" scent.  There is no strong BO.  Rinsing the pits daily prevents that.   If there is strong armpit smell after a sweaty workout, a hot shower rinse followed application of rubbing alcohol to the pits removes it.

I know what you mean about "stinkers" in the office.  I find them ofensive also.   [/quote]

I understand what you are saying.
i think each person sort of has their own natural scent.
no its not offensive at all, if they are clean.
my husband has a scent.
hmm. hard to explain.
maybe just us with a keen sense of smell notice that....
he just smells, like- well, like HIM. lol
its nice.

Tender

jimbo67: Believe me , if I did smell bad, my wife would make me sleep in the garage with the dog.

HungRebel: I don't generally use aftershave, but for cologne I use Nautica's Latitude Longitude most of the time, but trade it for some Tommy Sport occasionally.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=jimbo67 link=board=clothing;num=1041824961;start=20#29 date=11/30/03 at 19:06:37]Believe me , if I did smell bad, my wife would make me sleep in the garage with the dog. [/quote] Jimbo, I dunno why you're forced to be "on the defensive", I get what you mean as well, less is more sometimes.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm kind of an Old Spice man myself. For a time when I was going with one girl, she talked me into wearing Drakkar Noir. The shit stank to high heaven, and cost damn near an arm and a leg. I threw it away after we broke up.

maveras: Desire Blue by Dunhill, Romance by Ralph Lauren, these are my favorites!!

tomarctus: None. Ever.
I just use soap and water, or just water. Most often I just let my natural odor take over. A natural sweat odor can be so arousing and hot. Ripe pits on a sexy man are great, and the special, sweet smell of sweaty balls is intoxicating.
This is just my preference. I like the men I'm with to be either simply clean from the shower or have a natural good sweat.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Although my sinuses won't let me wear a fragrance many days in a row, I have found POLO by Ralph Lauren
is subtle enough to please me and sometimes can wear it the second consecutive day without sinus blockage!

Luke

Mighty_Joe: When I was in my teens I (and everyone else I knew) wore Old Spice.
Now I wear Drakkar Noir. It does cost a little more but I have had more compliments on it so I've been using it for almost 20 years.

dfox7.3x5: Old Spice is a cliche now. I used to like English Leather and still have some, but there are so many great fragrances out there that I never use it. What turns me on right now is Nautica Competition. A very cute (but straight) guy I work with wears it, and I have to really control myself from jumping his bones. The aroma just seems to complete the package, so to speak. :D

gtkroy: I wear Swiss Army by Victorianox... same people who make Swiss Army Knives. It's not available in stores anymore but has a nice exotic spicy woody scent. Men and Women can't get enough of it. Its rare so most haven't smelled it before.

Here's Their Official Blurb:

Swiss Army Cologne by Swiss Army, Launched By The Design House Of Swiss Army In 1996, Swiss Army Is Classified As A Refreshing, Spicy, Lavender, Amber Fragrance. This Masculine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Fresh And Tangy Notes Of Citrus, Blended With Lavender, Sweet Spice And Woodsy Notes. It Is Recommended For Office Wear.