Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, Ladies!

I watched a very attractive man go from having a swimmer's body to about 42 inch waist, over the summer. So, I'm curious about something. I have known some women that have dated some very attractive men in the beginning of their relationships. The bodies on some of their men would make anyone melt. After they have become comfortable in the relationship, they stop lifting weights, running, eating right; they start to drink more and slowly but surely fall out of that sexy category that they were once in.

I'm not saying that the only reason for the relationship was their hot body, surely it was a factor along with their great personality, their treatment towards others, respect for women, etc. I watch some men in relationships go from supermodel to hell naw. So, I'm curious do you women ever say anything about how they've changed, do you stop feeding them, or is it okay because of the beauty that they possess on the insides of them? I was just wondering.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
men and women both do it. at some point most people will pick up the slack and get back into the groove of excercising or whatever it was they did before. the beginning of a relationship is a time of a lot of eating out, drinking, not doing much by yourself, etc. it's very exciting but not very healthy.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True it happens on both sides. I think also sometimes if you havent been conscious of your eating habits or exercise from early on and have relied on good genes you awaken from a solid nap one day and say THIS IS NOT MY BODY. Also as one ages , develops disorders, start taking medications it sometimes isnt as simple as just limiting caloric content or exercise. If that were the case we probably wouldnt have an epidemic obesity problem in the US. Obesity like asthma, heart disease, diabetes and a number of other chronic diseases is in part an inflammatory disorder.

My hat is off to those who have fought the good fight and are continuing to do so to lose weight or maintain a healthy body. I have to admit it can be a shock to see someone who has always been stunning putting on pounds but all I have to do is look in the mirror and get my tude in check. They can see me too! LOL! :eek:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just found a site that might be fun if anyone is interested it is called Americaonthemove.com They have you count your daily steps or log in your exercise and you can chart your progress of virtual trails throughout the world. I am starting with the China silk route which takes about 4,600 steps a day. Check it out, its free what do you have to lose besides poundage.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True it happens on both sides. I think also sometimes if you havent been conscious of your eating habits or exercise from early on and have relied on good genes you awaken from a solid nap one day and say THIS IS NOT MY BODY. Also as one ages , develops disorders, start taking medications it sometimes isnt as simple as just limiting caloric content or exercise. If that were the case we probably wouldnt have an epidemic obesity problem in the US. Obesity like asthma, heart disease, diabetes and a number of other chronic diseases is in part an inflammatory disorder.

My hat is off to those who have fought the good fight and are continuing to do so to lose weight or maintain a healthy body. I have to admit it can be a shock to see someone who has always been stunning putting on pounds but all I have to do is look in the mirror and get my tude in check. They can see me too! LOL! :eek:
I really wish you would stop reading my private journal Naughty. :redface:

Generally speaking I think that women are more tolerant of male partners who gain weight than men are of women who gain weight in a relationship.

Speaking as a woman who once dated a big buff man (6'4" & 240 lbs.) who over time became rather soft. I was worried for his health which did suffer. I am being perhaps too kind, he went from being muscle on top of muscle, to 340 lbs of pudginess. To be fair I had gained weight too but going from 125 to 160 isn't quite the same. It was his weight and proportions that made sex difficult and not very enjoyable.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really wish you would stop reading my private journal Naughty. :redface:

Generally speaking I think that women are more tolerant of male partners who gain weight than men are of women who gain weight in a relationship.

Speaking as a woman who once dated a big buff man (6'4" & 240 lbs.) who over time became rather soft. I was worried for his health which did suffer. I am being perhaps too kind, he went from being muscle on top of muscle, to 340 lbs of pudginess. To be fair I had gained weight too but going from 125 to 160 isn't quite the same. It was his weight and proportions that made sex difficult and not very enjoyable.

LOL! :tongue:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I know that it does goes both ways. The women that listened to though didn't seem to be taking an active role in helping their men become healthier, like they were. They could see the behavior that their men were doing and weren't changing anything themselves, like cooking healthier meals, or suggesting exercising together. They just complained.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Is it reality or a mental disorder to believe that every man is going to be looking good forever? Maybe people get what they deserve.
I don't think that men or women will look like young gods forever. That's certainly not where my head is. If someone has gained nearly 100 pounds from eating more, not being as active and such, then it can cause a strife in a relationship (healthwise, problems in the bedrooms, etc). I've seen it. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my question. I was just asking because of the company that I endured over the weekend. That's all.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that men or women will love like young gods forever. That's certainly not where my head is. If someone has gained nearly 100 pounds from eating more, not being as active and such, then it can cause a strife in a relationship (healthwise, problems in the bedrooms, etc). I've seen it. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my question. I was just asking because of the company that I endured over the weekend. That's all.

Endured? Says it all! Ha ha! :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is it reality or a mental disorder to believe that every man is going to be looking good forever? Maybe people get what they deserve.

I don't think that men or women will look like young gods forever. That's certainly not where my head is. If someone has gained nearly 100 pounds from eating more, not being as active and such, then it can cause a strife in a relationship (healthwise, problems in the bedrooms, etc). I've seen it. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my question. I was just asking because of the company that I endured over the weekend. That's all.

No offense taken. I have seen similar threads posted in LPSG like the "Celebrities who you thought were hot but now...Eww, NOT." I didn't really like that thread and honestly, people do feel like that. They also fail to realize that people who get older do NOT have any control over how they look when older. And THEY can't do anything about it. Sometimes, those older folk have sexual desires. They want love just like anyone else. They don't want people's bullshit either. Young folk aren't concerned until it happens to them.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
If I read 8060's post correctly, he stated that a man gained a tremendous amount of weight in the course of roughly 4 months...he didn't mention that this occurred as a result of getting older. What I read was this gentleman appeared to become comfortable in a relationship and gained a lot of weight very quickly...I would be concerned about his health issues and why he allowed himself to get like this so quickly.

If I had a partner who did this, I would be concerned; not because of appearance. Let me caveat this by saying that if it occurred over several years and as a result of getting older or a health issue, I would be totally understanding. But to just let yourself go because you are in a relationship...hell no...I would have to say something. I would encourage healthier eating for the both of us, more exercise time together and lots of joint outdoor activities. I know this thread is targeted toward women, but if my man became a butterball overnight, I would have no other choice but to roast him (corny I know)....

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think if he puts on that much weight in just a few months, then he must be depressed or have some other mental problem. If it a slow process of gaining weight, then maybe not. It seems like it happens more to women in bad relationships, where they put on weight rapidly.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think if he puts on that much weight in just a few months, then he must be depressed or have some other mental problem. If its a slow process of gaining weight, then maybe not. It seems like it happens more to women in bad relationships, where they put on weight rapidly.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it was a mental problem only because when I have been depressed I rarely gain more than ten pounds and that is over the course of a few months.

It sounds more like a thyroid problem. When my thyroid went kablooey (not the technical term :tongue:) I gained about 30 pounds in 90 days. Gaining ten pounds a month might not sound like much; but trust me it is.

As for women in bad relationships being more apt to gain weight rapidly, I don't know. :confused: Maybe that's becaue women are more apt to be emotional eaters than men are.