(Again) Coming Out

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
I have met a man who gives me more love and affection from the heart than I ever even knew was possible. A man who is as giving with his heart and mind as I have always tried to be.
<...>
Life is good.
Lex, only you and I can possibly know how happy I am for you! I wish I could have gotten a chance to talk with J-bear a little more when last weekend, but the circumstances really didn't permit. Tawse and I would love to have the two of you visit us, and soon. I would love to cook for you!

I love you!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex, only you and I can possibly know how happy I am for you! I wish I could have gotten a chance to talk with J-bear a little more when last weekend, but the circumstances really didn't permit. Tawse and I would love to have the two of you visit us, and soon. I would love to cook for you!

I love you!

I love you too DC. With all my heart.

JBubbaBear is a KEEPER in everyway.

I am planning on going down to FTL for the next few months, since it encurs less cost (no hotel) and it's warm there.

I will definitely let him know that when he comes up here (June, probably) we can stay with you and talk and eat and vibe and enjoy each other. If he getgs back up here sooner, I will definitely let you know.

Count on it.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, we have decided that we are going to have both our partners stay with us and have Thanksgiving dinner with she and I and the kids. No time like the present to begin enjoying the new dynamic and our extended family. Both of our partners are overjoyed at the idea. She and I are also looking forward to beginning to educate our kids about life and all it's diverse forms that people loving each other can take.

2 men, 2 women, 5 kids, a dog and a cat. Sounds like a good fucking time to me.

Life is good.

This touched me deeply. Love is powerful and often beyond anything we could conceive on our own. The possibilities of expression are limitless.
To echo the others, I am very happy for you and your Bubba, Sugarbear.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Naughty, I read his post to mean that they would be spending Thanksgiving weekend all together (that's thinking ahead, isn't it?)

After getting to know Lex better offline, and spending some time with him, I have gained an even greater understanding and respect for him and his wife and children.

Lex, you are truly impressive. Don't forget me now that you are in love!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow!

Congrats! So, did you say that all four of you are going to be living here? In the house that you now occupy or in another one?

No. Just Thanksgiving dinner. maybe Christmas too!

After getting to know Lex better offline, and spending some time with him, I have gained an even greater understanding and respect for him and his wife and children.

Lex, you are truly impressive. Don't forget me now that you are in love!

Thanks handsome. I can never forget you. You and your hubby have been two rocks for me to lean on. Love you, bro!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm off the market babe.

Found my bubba and its all for him now.

I'm a one bear kind of guy.

This is perfect because Z and I are not actually bears (despite rumors to the contrary). I believe lots and lots of promises have been made, and you are a man of your word. :wink:

LOL I love you and am so very happy for you. Bubba is a very lucky man.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I believe in honesty but I also believe in kindness and tact. I don't have to lie to you to be kind. I was raised in a different world than many people. My parents were both crazy. My mother was one of the pretend everythings okay so people won't know how messed up things are in this family. Well, the neighbors could hear all the yelling and screaming my dad did. Plus, my mom was of the variety that demanded formality. For some reason, she focused most of that kind of attention on me. My bro and sister are less refined. I like coming in here because I get to be bad and nobody I really know finds out.
Now, I have been warped by my job. Trust me on this one, so much of the old rumors you heard about mailmen are true. The public seems to throw themselves at the mailman. *Blech* the stuff I have seen.
I don't lose my temper often but when I do, I make up for lost time. The sad thing is that I will brutally hurt you with the truth. I will intentionally go for your emotional jugular, walk off feeling zero guilt, and leave you bleeding. I am working on this problem. I see no problem in telling you off if you deserve it but I don't believe it's okay to destroy someone just because they aren't being what you think is right.
I am very selective about the people I choose for friends. I have had many good friends. There aren't enough hours in a day to have a lot of super close friends. Those relationships require an enormous amount of time to develop and maintain. I have been blessed in life to have more than half a dozen of those friends. They are part of the treasure of my life. These people care if you're hurting, they want to help. They love you in spite of yourself. You can love them, and laugh together. Oh how precious are the friends with which you can laugh.
I hope we can all learn to be honest but temper it with kindness. I hope you all are able to find the kinds of friends I've had. I lost many of them to death. I lost 3 of the best friends I've ever had in a 8 month time period, and 12 friends in 24 months. My life has not been easy but oh how rich it's been. Baby, what a ride!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Hootie,

It is always special when someone here opens up and lets us see a part of themselves that we havent met before (That is if it is sane! LOL! )

I believe in honesty but I also believe in kindness and tact. I don't have to lie to you to be kind. I was raised in a different world than many people. My parents were both crazy. My mother was one of the pretend everythings okay so people won't know how messed up things are in this family. Well, the neighbors could hear all the yelling and screaming my dad did. Plus, my mom was of the variety that demanded formality. For some reason, she focused most of that kind of attention on me. My bro and sister are less refined. I like coming in here because I get to be bad and nobody I really know finds out.
Now, I have been warped by my job. Trust me on this one, so much of the old rumors you heard about mailmen are true. The public seems to throw themselves at the mailman. *Blech* the stuff I have seen.
I don't lose my temper often but when I do, I make up for lost time. The sad thing is that I will brutally hurt you with the truth. I will intentionally go for your emotional jugular, walk off feeling zero guilt, and leave you bleeding. I am working on this problem. I see no problem in telling you off if you deserve it but I don't believe it's okay to destroy someone just because they aren't being what you think is right.
I am very selective about the people I choose for friends. I have had many good friends. There aren't enough hours in a day to have a lot of super close friends. Those relationships require an enormous amount of time to develop and maintain. I have been blessed in life to have more than half a dozen of those friends. They are part of the treasure of my life. These people care if you're hurting, they want to help. They love you in spite of yourself. You can love them, and laugh together. Oh how precious are the friends with which you can laugh.
I hope we can all learn to be honest but temper it with kindness. I hope you all are able to find the kinds of friends I've had. I lost many of them to death. I lost 3 of the best friends I've ever had in a 8 month time period, and 12 friends in 24 months. My life has not been easy but oh how rich it's been. Baby, what a ride!

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm off the market babe.

Found my bubba and its all for him now.

I'm a one bear kind of guy.

Me, too, really. I mean, my man and I have talked it all out, and we decided we are both free to play around sexually with other men, but we also have not done that. Interesting, huh?

I guess that means we're really monogamous, not merely saying so.

NCbear (who really likes the "one bear kind of guy" phrase)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
March 3, 2007: Share and Share Alike

Todd and I have been buds since 9th grade (that's 20 years for those counting). We used to live 4 blocks away from each other, caught the same mass transit bus to school, loved to draw and are both comic book geeks. We created our own teams of heroes, drews our own comics and more. We worked together at the same fast food places and attended each other's graduation. We drank together, chased girls together and even had a massive MFMF orgy in college.

We are like brothers. We had drifted apart over the past 6 years (mostly cuz I am married and he was single) but had started to reconnect over the past six months. I knew I needed to tell him and was waiting until we saw each other (enough of this phone nonsense).

And then he called the other night. We started catching up and he started talking about his older brother's 50th birthday party. IT seems that Brian had drag queens at his party. Now, growing up, it was always obvious that Brian was gay but we never really discussed it. Todd explained that his familiy had issue with it and that he was totally cool with it as he always knew.

So I joked about how I would need to upstage Brian for MY 50th. I asked Todd if he was ready for it? He said, "ready for what?"

"I'm gay, Todd."

"I know," he said. "and you know what? You are my boy--and I hav always loved you and I will always love you. We have been through so much. How could this come between us."

And I cried.

We talked some more and he asked some questions. We got interrupted by my BF calling and then we talked some more (after he laughed and said I was blowing his mind).

He asked me "What made you tell me tonight?"

"I knew that I could," I said.

Then he said--"Well I'd like to talk to you about some things too. You're the only person I can trust."

And so he proceeded to tell me how he and his GF (When he was 17) fucked around and she got pregnant, how they decided to get an abortion and how that decision haunts him daily in his sleep as he sees all his friends raising their kids. He said he was going to hell for ending and life and began to cry as well.

I told him this:

1. Decide that you are more than one choice you regret and that you don't believe in hell; OR

2. Decided that you DO believe in hell and know that me and all my gay friends will be there and it will be on HELL of a party.

He laughed. We talked for about another hour (it was after midnight by this time and I started to doze on the phone) and we left the conversation that night recommitting to our friendship, brotherhood and love for each other.

I have lost a few former friends during this process. And I have also realized some of the true keepers that I am blessed to know.

Life is still good.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Lex, there is no question that Todd is indeed a true friend to you, not to sound harsh towards your situation, but what Todd has gone through is more like torchure compared to you. but knowing you, you are certainly going to do what you can to help him, that is the kind of man you are.

he knew that you were gay, somebody obviously had told him, do you know who? not that it really matters, now that the two of you had told some serious things about one another, maybe that can actually bring you two closer.

I wish the Both of you nothing but the best.

March 3, 2007: Share and Share Alike

Todd and I have been buds since 9th grade (that's 20 years for those counting). We used to live 4 blocks away from each other, caught the same mass transit bus to school, loved to draw and are both comic book geeks. We created our own teams of heroes, drews our own comics and more. We worked together at the same fast food places and attended each other's graduation. We drank together, chased girls together and even had a massive MFMF orgy in college.

We are like brothers. We had drifted apart over the past 6 years (mostly cuz I am married and he was single) but had started to reconnect over the past six months. I knew I needed to tell him and was waiting until we saw each other (enough of this phone nonsense).

And then he called the other night. We started catching up and he started talking about his older brother's 50th birthday party. IT seems that Brian had drag queens at his party. Now, growing up, it was always obvious that Brian was gay but we never really discussed it. Todd explained that his familiy had issue with it and that he was totally cool with it as he always knew.

So I joked about how I would need to upstage Brian for MY 50th. I asked Todd if he was ready for it? He said, "ready for what?"

"I'm gay, Todd."

"I know," he said. "and you know what? You are my boy--and I hav always loved you and I will always love you. We have been through so much. How could this come between us."

And I cried.

We talked some more and he asked some questions. We got interrupted by my BF calling and then we talked some more (after he laughed and said I was blowing his mind).

He asked me "What made you tell me tonight?"

"I knew that I could," I said.

Then he said--"Well I'd like to talk to you about some things too. You're the only person I can trust."

And so he proceeded to tell me how he and his GF (When he was 17) fucked around and she got pregnant, how they decided to get an abortion and how that decision haunts him daily in his sleep as he sees all his friends raising their kids. He said he was going to hell for ending and life and began to cry as well.

I told him this:

1. Decide that you are more than one choice you regret and that you don't believe in hell; OR

2. Decided that you DO believe in hell and know that me and all my gay friends will be there and it will be on HELL of a party.

He laughed. We talked for about another hour (it was after midnight by this time and I started to doze on the phone) and we left the conversation that night recommitting to our friendship, brotherhood and love for each other.

I have lost a few former friends during this process. And I have also realized some of the true keepers that I am blessed to know.

Life is still good.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Life is still good.
The keepers? They'll be there when you need them. You may have lost a few friends, but look at what you've gained. Wild, huh?

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
It's this exchange that has me thinking...

"I'm gay, Todd."

As well as this line:

Sitting here realizing that all I've ever done is try to second guess the love of the people in my world. That it can't be this easy for at least some of them to show it.

That by not letting myself be known, I've got the upper hand in what people think of me.

All at the same time of me thinking I'm not all judgemental and shit...

Thanks for the post, Lex. The food for thought that brought me here.