Age difference and dating

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_duracock9x6, Feb 24, 2005.

1. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

Okay, Hey everyone I have a question and I would like everyone bi, gay, str8, or just curious to respond. Assuming that both of the people in the potential realtionship are 18 yrs or older, Do you believe there can be to much of an age difference?

IE: Do you think a 25 could date a 35 yr old

Or say maybe 18 yr old could fall in love and date a 30 yr old

Or maybe just say 30 yrold and 35 yr.

Hell even 40 yr old fall for some say 60 ish....

I am curious to see how such an open and diverse well educated group of people will respond to this question.

PS: By no means is the few examples I gave all inclusive they are just to get your mind thinking and see what you think the ideal difference ( if any ) is and just how many years difference is to many. I would like to hear both sides of the fence so to say: Gay realtionship, and Str8 realtionships.

Thanks for your time and I hope your interest in this topic

Duracock

2. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    I have dated men up to 11 years younger than me. I'm a very active female & enjoyed having someone to keep up w/ me. I do not want to just sit around all the time or take lazy rides on the slow boat all the time. I look for signs of maturity & have found those in much younger guys. I have been approached by a number of men 21 years younger than me, but that's just too young & their attitude & intentions were all wrong for me.

3. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

For me, age wouldnt really matter as long as it wasn't too far off. One of our family's best friends is 20 and her b/f is 35. She's pregnant with his son, and they plan on getting married and just bought a house together...they're actually really cute together! So i think different age relationships are totally possible.

4. KinkGuy

Gold Member

5. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Usually I date someone around my age [25], but I have dated several women in their 30's. When I was 22, I dated an aerobics instructor [34].

How was it? Just great. They were mature, sensitive ladies with a streak of independence a mile wide. They had careers and wanted a guy to spend some quality time with. But then I like independence in any friend.

jay

6. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

Thanks everyone so far that has responded and gave real life examples I have to admit in my case I am curious about two men or two women where the age difference is 15 +. I mean I want responses from all sexes and sexualities ( aka gay bi and str8) but I am curious to see if people are more comfy with a 21 yr old str8 boy dating a 40 yr old lady or if a 18 yr old teen in love with and dating a 35 yr old man. Guys and Gals , Str8's and Gays lend me your opinions and knowledge. Again many thanks and much mahalo from Duracock in Hawaii.

7. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

So far I am getting the impression that 5-15 yrs really is not that big a deal if both parties are okay with it.

8. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I'm 23 and Kris is 42 ... and we've been together since 2002 ... even if the relationship lately has been slightly rocky (mostly stupidity on my side ....).

9. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

Very Kewl Ecchi and you are what I am looking for I mean thats a pretty big age gap but you been together almost 3 + yrs. May I ask your are a male and female str8 couple correct.

10. zzorus

zzorus New Member

No offence meant, but I think the question is silly as surely the answer is that it all depends on the individuals concerned.

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I think that as long as both people are mature, anything is possible.

I have a close friend who is 50, his GF is 30.

There is a 10 year difference between me and my BF.

12. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

I'm 27 and my girlfriend just turned 41. Everything is working out fine. Why wouldn't it be? All of our family and friends are supportive and understanding. Maybe it's because she looks years younger than her age, but still.

I know for a fact that she was interested in me because I was younger. That didn't bother me though. She says it's not her fault if men her age can't keep up with her. LOL.

13. b1988

b1988 New Member

I have usually been attracted to men about 8-10 yeas younger. I have occasionally had sex with guys 15 or so years younger.
    Years ago, when I dated women they were usually my age. I have noticed that as I get older women up to 15 years younger hit on me.
    Sometimes I think that being a surgeon changes things a little bit. Hell, I don't know, but some folks seem to be initially attracted by the combination of looks and vocation. Obviously looks, or other things, may get someone in the door, but it takes a lot more that that to make a relationship.
    I have two friends that have been in a commited relationship for about five years. They have a 30 year difference in their age. They are both physicians, very bright and attractive. I think that this age difference is quite unusual and hard to negotiate because of physical, emotional, and experiential differences. However, it seems to be working well for them.
    It is a bit of a generalization, but age differences are easier to negotiate as we age. The difference between a 20 year old and 35 y/o is huge; but the difference between a 50 and 65 year old may not be as difficult to manage.
    Well, that's my two bits.......... w

14. Royal_T

Royal_T New Member

I think it depends on the maturity of the people, but also on the RATIO of ages. Obviously, a 15 and 30 year old is not a great idea, but a 40 and 55er? Not much diffference there...

15. big_peter

big_peter New Member

looking back on my ex's... the ages were mostly close to mine...
    but at age 30 (+/-) I started to go further afield.

First- I am straight... and most of my mates were for more than the night - heck, the week or month, for that amatter.

And some women were 3-5 years older... one was 12 yrs younger (just a FB, at the time), and my current mate is 7 yrs younger.

As for the age difference, most of my friends think I'm 7-12 yrs younger than I really am... it's mostly an attitude, and I seem to fit well with this age group.

As for the sex, once it's in, we enjoyed it fine!

(My fantasy is to find a college age woman - or 2- but that's not the subject)

16. B_duracock9x6

B_duracock9x6 New Member

Keep the responses coming I appreciate all you guys and gals. You probably were able to read between the lines I have meet some one here at University of Hawaii they are 19 and I just turned 36 so I am just seeing if I was being a wishful thinking old cogger or If this could work. And I must say you guys are proving to me love sees no boundaries and thats A BEAUTIFUL THING.

LOVE YOU ALL

DURA

17. txquis

Gold Member

It has already been said...the emotional/maturity "age" has to be the same,
    not the number of years the people have been alive.

I know 39 year olds who are not as mature as some 23 year olds i've known,
    and vice versa.

However, i do know from experience, that you have to have some common ground...and be able to relate to eachother.
    That is not always possible with some of the broader age differences.

My longest bf of my life so far was/is ten years younger than i.

That was not a big difference to us when he was 18 and i was 28,
    but the gap started to widen as the years went on.
    But thats just my story.

18. Imported

Gold Member

doug224422:

19. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

dura,
    I'm 18, and I've had a 36 y/o come onto me, and I would've been cool with that, but only wasn't because I don't quite trust him... plus, I'm not really into the whole one-time thing... I've had a few, and I'm not too into them cuz I prefer to get to know someone first...

I've also had a 38 y/o ask me to lunch... He lives not far from me here in Fla, but I leave tomorrow so I couldn't...

And like everyone's saying, chronological age doesn't really mean much when compared to the emotional/mature age of someone... for example, me... I'm only 18 (19 this May), but everyone thinks I'm in my mid 20's (hell, even I forget I'm 18)... It just depends on the life experience of the person and their maturity...

Not only that, so many women my age play mind games (guys do it too...), but I don't... I'm very blunt about my preferences and what I like... I guess older guys are attracted to that...

And personally, the oldest guy I've ever really dated was 6 years older than me, but I wouldn't mind dating guys older than that because I relate to the late 20's, early 30's (sometimes older than that) crowd... It's just the way I am...

20. ziggity

ziggity New Member

Albums:
    my best lover (and i still love 'er) was 22 (she turns 23 soon) and the first guy i fooled around with was 34. the guy and i had a nice time, but i was still too uncomfortable to give it up.. so it ended up not working out.

but all in all it totally depends on the person, more than the age.

... i would date nicole kidman or catherine zeta jones or elizabeth hurley, in a HEARTBEAT.

or brad pitt... i don't think there's any 42 year old hotter..

and tom cruise is 43 now...

damn.. the hottest people of these past two or so decades are getting on in years.

and julianne moore, good gawd what a hottie..

Draft saved Draft deleted