Age Difference

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK - so men of a certain age at some point face the inevitable quandry of how young of a woman they will date. I just had this happen to me this past week.
I went to uber trendy salon to make an appointment for a haircut and when I walked in I nearly passed out at how beautiful the receptionist was. I mean - I was nearly rendered speechless. She was 5'7", a size two with double Ds, thin hips, naturally very blonde, piercing light blue eyes, she hung from her cheekbones. She makes Ivanka trump look like she was beaten with the ugly stick and I think Ivanka trump is stunning.
So I asked the woman who was cutting my hair about the receptionist and she has known me for years and said "NO! Christopher - you STAY AWAY from her! She is 19!".
Well - fuck me running. I could have cried.
Many friends laughed at my bad luck. But I figured - "Why not ask her out? I mean, she is of the age for legal consent. Besides wanting to have marathon sex with this girl, even if that didn't happen she would be quite the social arm trophy and she is delightful, lovely personality."
SO - after spending a day and evening of socializing I popped 'round the salon to ask her out for lunch or espresso and she wasn't working.
Am I absolutely out of line in wanting to at least know her as a person? And if she actually liked me - go from there? What do you think? Thanks!

Well, I say whatever the legal age of consent is. If it is kosher and she wants to know equally as well--go for it.

If she was like still in high school--you are just asking for trouble.

==========

I don't date many younger guys. I have always liked them my age or older.

I don't hate younger guys. And young guys, I mean--age range: 20-28 years old. If there is a number followed by teen, I will not EVEN bother. I don't mean it in a hater sense. I mean that in a respectful sense.

I think that teens should explore and meet other teens. The mindsets are way too different.

But you should do what is right for you.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks invisibleman. I concur. The fact that she is a teenager does not bode well for anything serious or long term and nor would I seek that out.
I would be happy to get to know her, and at the very least be seen with her at the major parties this summer. Sigh.

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You'll almost certainly run into compatibility problems but there are times when you just think to hell with it, I can't leave this alone, and as well you shouldn't. One thing I would say is to distance yourself somewhat ahead of time, so that you don't get too attached, because when the odds are against something working out, it's best to not jump feet first and expect the world. Retain an open mind and have fun and I'm sure you'll have a great time if nothing else.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You don't know a lot of the older women I know. Some of the old gals are sex fiends.

Why not get to know her better before you start to date her? Also, find a new place to get your hair cut in case it doesn't work out. The stylist already said noooooo. Tick off your barber and look like a side show exhibit for 6 weeks.

Last edited:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks Slant. You are correct. I am not having huge expectations out of this deal. lol.
Maestro - thanks to you as well. Now see, when you put in the terms of 60 and 79 it just doesn't sound so bad. lol.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hootie. Good point: get to know her. Precisely my point. Also a sentiment echoed in the "do people date anymore?" thread. I would like to date her of course. But I would very much like to get to know her and her know me.
Like I said, I will report back next week, or sooner should something happen.

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are we talking wanting something physical or planning a life together??? In some regards a 19 y/o may be better for the just physical part than a 30 y/o. Having said that the average 19 y/o would pale in comparison to a 30 y/o if you are around that age... There are exceptions to this, but thats a good general rule I think.

You need a peer for a healthy relationship IMO.

Last edited:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Age CAN be just a number. Depends on what you want, what she wants and what interests and goals you share. Whether you want a long-term relationship or something to satisfy a short-term urge, she might be able to fill either need for you. There's only one way to find out.

G_U

Just Browsing
Media
As someone on the opposite end of an age gap relationship, I can tell you to go for it. My girlfriend is 15 years older than me and I love her dearly. Just get to know her and then if things go well take it further. If someone has a problem with it, they can go fuck themselves.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks invisibleman. I concur. The fact that she is a teenager does not bode well for anything serious or long term and nor would I seek that out.
I would be happy to get to know her, and at the very least be seen with her at the major parties this summer. Sigh.

:wink::biggrin1: Hehehe. I bet you would. I understand that.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I tend to agree with what DC said, the chronological age has less to do with success in relationships than does the intellectual and emotional ages of the persons. I have dated guys older than me who eventually revealed their mental age to be about 14, but those relationships didn't last long! In my personal experience, a 19 yr old when I was 37 would have likely not lasted, I would have gotten annoyed with childish acts and behaviours eventually (as happened a few years ago when I was 36 with a 21 year old guy). Thats not always the case, of course, and I think you just have to do what feels right.
My husband is younger than me, but so what? We are compatible and well matched, I don't let our age difference have any effect on our relationship, that would just be silly.:tongue:
Good luck:smile:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few things occurred to me.

She's legally an adult. When you talk to her, does her conversation make you think of her as an adult, or do you find yourself wishing she had more life experience? Do you mind that she's likely not as good a playmate as that to which you are accustomed? Do you care whatg other people think? If so, what do you want them to think? A good receptionist is always extremely pleasant, and may even be able to make great conversation to distract clients from the fact that they are still waiting. Do you really have a good rapport with her, or is she just a very good receptionist? If you like her, if she's unusually mature for her age, if she likes the idea of a short-term relationship (please, please, pretty-please, with-sugar-on-top do not waste her time if she's hoping to meet a real partner), if she'll have you, then why not have fun together this summer. It's very important to be honest with her, as well as yourself.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What`s age got to do with anything. Although I`m married, my wife`s niece often phones me to go round for a good fuck. She`s 22 and I`m 61. Though I do have a body most 35 yr olds would like.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not too concerned about age. I put more weight into character and life experiences than anything else.

I've met women that were 40 that couldn't talk about anything other than shoes and I've met 22 year olds that have their head squared away and have experienced life.

I guess I don't rule out anybody lol.

lowteg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do you know if she all ready has a boyfriend man...

I think the age gap is a lil big but to be honest if you meet her, have lunch and you like her for the person she is and not just how she looks then go for it man...

good luck...so ahhh do you have the address for this girls work heheh I might have to stop in for a hair cut hehhehe

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
"NO! Christopher - you STAY AWAY from her! She is 19!".
Well - fuck me running. I could have cried.
Many friends laughed at my bad luck. But I figured - "Why not ask her out?

There's nothing wrong with dating her. Stop dragging your feet and ask her out. Find out if you two are compatible.