Age Difference

thereisalight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mr. Goodwood -- ask her out. She's over 18 and may have the emotional maturity of a 30yo. You never know until you go out with her.

I've been with people 10 to 20 years younger than me and have learned quite a bit from them just as I've taught them a thing or two. Have also been with people 10 to 20 years older than me who were complete imbeciles.

Grindin

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Age shouldn't matter...if two people love each other, why should it be dissallowed, do what you want to do.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the Gay community it is a little different. There is no stigma about the younger man older woman thing.
That's one of the reasons I don't spend much time as "a part of the gay community," if there is such a thing. I really don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about how I conduct my business!:biggrin1:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Goodwood, it depends on what you want.

If you're looking for the mother of your kids, then statistically, the relationship is against you -- the divorce rate is almost double for women who marry before their mid-twenties. This is because very-young women haven't really had a chance to discover what they're looking for in life.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Addition:

I guess it all depends on what your priorities are.

I you do get with her, I'd recommend waiting until she was 25 or 26 before having kids.

Why?

-- It's not fair to rob her of her youth and education opportunities (having kids definitely changes your life and priorities)

-- Statistically, the younger she has kids, the more likely it is that some OTHER man will raise your kids.

So, if you want to raise your OWN kids, you have to decide ...

a) if you want to wait 6 or 7 more years before having kids, or
b) if you're willing to give up your future kids for having a hot youngster now.

If you fall for her seriously, this could derail your wishes for children.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
So why can't they fuck for 5 years and marry when she's mid-twenties? :biggrin:

There's nothing creepy in the slightest about age difference. She was 3 when he was 21 (or whatever) - So? She isn't 3 now.

I dunno - there's an 18 year age gap between me and my man and really it makes no difference, we're compatible phyiscally and mentally and beyond that I don't really think about it. Funnily enough we've never been mistaken for relatives of any kind. But then we both look younger than we are, him more so than me. I have been mistaken for my father's partner several times - the first time was when I was 17 (he was 43). We just laughed our arses off at the person.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello, MB.

Because he wants kids. That's why he stopped going for older women.

I have no problem with age differences (my own dad was 20 years older than my mom).

He may or may not want to wait that long to have kids.

And she may or may not be smart enough to wait to have kids. (Women have "accidents" all the time.)

Remember, he's got a moneyed family. Dollar signs could go off in her head, and she'd be GUARANTEED child support money as long as his parents pop off eventually.

So, it all comes back to one thing: How important are children to him.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So why can't they fuck for 5 years and marry when she's mid-twenties? :biggrin:

There's nothing creepy in the slightest about age difference. She was 3 when he was 21 (or whatever) - So? She isn't 3 now.

I dunno - there's an 18 year age gap between me and my man and really it makes no difference, we're compatible phyiscally and mentally and beyond that I don't really think about it. Funnily enough we've never been mistaken for relatives of any kind. But then we both look younger than we are, him more so than me. I have been mistaken for my father's partner several times - the first time was when I was 17 (he was 43). We just laughed our arses off at the person.
Yes more than a 18 year gap here. I know age can be just a number. We get along great.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, but probably neither of you started when the younger one wasn't even through college yet.

My mom had already graduated college when she met my dad. (And we were his SECOND family.)

And I always felt sorry for the first family, because they weren't raised by their father.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If you're looking for the mother of your kids, then statistically, the relationship is against you --

If you do get with her, I'd recommend waiting 6 or 7 years before having children
-- It's not fair to rob her of her youth and education opportunities
-- Statistically, the younger she has kids, the more likely it is that some OTHER man will raise your kids.

Remember, (goodwood's) he's got a moneyed family. Dollar signs could go off in her head, and she'd be GUARANTEED child support money as long as his parents pop off eventually

I hope that these negative posts haven't put you off dating goodwood.:rolleyes:

Not Punny must want you for herself.:wink:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
WOW. Thank you all very much for your input! I was not expecting so much thought to be put into my little quandry of the moment. This weekend I am way too busy to get back to her, but next week at some point, I certainly will. Thanks again ladies and gents. Very much appreciated.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
WOW. Thank you all very much for your input! I was not expecting so much thought to be put into my little quandry of the moment. This weekend I am way too busy to get back to her, but next week at some point, I certainly will. Thanks again ladies and gents. Very much appreciated.
Do what your heart tells you. Get out there and live your life. You seem like a great guy. Good luck to you.