Age Differences

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by remy_labeau_2008, Nov 20, 2008.

1. remy_labeau_2008

remy_labeau_2008 New Member

Albums:
    I was just wondering what peoples views were on ages differences. I am in a gay relationship with a man 15 years my senior. We have been together for almost 3 years (on and off at times). We met when i was only 18.

Im not asking because I care what people think because if i did i wouldnt be in the relationship. So am not looking for your 'blessing' etc. :p

Just curious on other peoples thoughts. :)

2. Stingy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What's the problem? You love your man, so you shouldn't look at the differences. Just look at what made you love him in the first place. Yes, there is the 15 years of difference in age, but all other things in your lives... Enjoy each other.
    :smile:

3. remy_labeau_2008

Albums:
    hahaha :) Thanks Stingy. Yeah thats how i see it. It really isnt an issue for me at all. Just find it interesting to see how it is viewed by others. And to see how people limit love by factors such as age.

4. Stingy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Indeed, how 'other' people limit their view (!) on somebody elses relationship.

I sincerely hope you both are verry happy with each other. Live your life, enjoy the sex, the cuddling together, the smells, the tenderness, ...

5. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's the weird factor. Dating someone older than me would feel weird. Not saying it wont happen. But at least with someone around my own age there might be the illusion that we have a lot of things of common (okay that is a lie for me, but maybe not for some).

6. Nala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Age doesn't matter to me, it's only a number*. Personality is more important.

*I'm talking about adults, not kids.

7. Tristessa

Tristessa New Member

I've had a relationship with a man 14 years older (when I was 18) and had sex with a friend that is 23 years older.

I don't think age matters much for most things, although I definitely noticed a generational gap at times. He would occasionally refer to things that happened way before I was born that I didn't know much about, and I think it bothered him some to realize he was in high school when I was born. In the end, the difference in how our relationship was viewed/approached caused problems. I guess some of that was age, but maybe someone his age that was raised differently would have worked out fine.

I find that age gaps within about 5 years don't cause any extra concerns for me, but past that there are more things to think about. In the case of the older friend, he already had a child and wasn't interested in more.. eventually I will probably want to have one, so it would have been issuous for us if we had pursued anything longer term.

If you are happy in a relationship though, and there are no concerns about different values or goals (which can occur in any relationship despite the ages of the couple), then age doesn't matter.

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

With time and experience the age gap closes. I'm seeing someone 13 years younger than I am. I don't think that it would have been possible when I was 33 and he was 20, but hey you never know. Our life experiences and other relationships made us right for each other when we did meet.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I always preferred guys older than I was. My first 'adult' relationship was with a guy 8 years older than I was and we were together for 7 years. I've never liked guys my age actually. Guys like you, Remy, are a pain in the ass and you know exactly what I'm talking about. :wink:

10. D_Al_A_Ghory

D_Al_A_Ghory Account Disabled

When I was a teenager i had a relationship with a woman much older and had a real good time. As a 41 year old man i dont picture myself having a relationship woth someone much younger, but I understand that age shoul donly matter to the people involved.

11. remy_labeau_2008

Albums:
    HAHAHAHAHAA!!! ur a pain my my ass Nick8! Being all old and shit. hahaha :p

12. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ahh...you never really appreciate youth until you get old! When I was younger, in my teens, I had a much older woman (in her late 30's) who taught me much of what I know about sex and women. Today, I don't think I'd be interested in a woman 12 years older than me (although, you never know). But I certainly do appreciate women 12 years younger! Mmm...that spry step, that soft skin, those bouncing breasts....

I'd better stop now...

13. D_Seymour_Dix

D_Seymour_Dix New Member

age is nothing. Not that big of a difference but my girlfriend is 3 years older.

14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

one of my first big relationships was with a guy about twice my age

man, he was good!

15. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    I'm in a relationship with a man over 20 years younger then me. Before this I wouldn't dream of a younger man. To me it was not proper. In fact, I dated men older then me by a rule. I set boundaries for myself. So from the start I never had any expectations of this happening. I wasn't easy, it was hard work for him. This time I found someone who broke down all of my walls. For him I opened my heart.
    As much as I tried to fight my feelings for him the stronger they grew. There was no turning back. There was only working things out. He alone was worthy of my love and any sacrifice I needed to make, this time I was willing. He is all the things that I have ever wanted. He handles me better then anyone has ever even come close to. I trust him & he makes me feel safe and secure, protected, loved and wanted. If I searched the whole world over I could never find a love filled with such compassion.
    I learned alot from this lesson in life. Be free to love someone regardless of there age. Age should not limit you to who you love. As long as you accept each other. Your free to love who you choose. Enjoy one another and don't allow anyone or anything to take that precious gift away from your life. Regardless of what other's think. Put yourself and your partner first. Love is a gift and we don't measure the value of the gift by it's size.

16. just some guy

just some guy New Member

Doesn't matter. Do what feels right. I've been involved with people up to 18 years my senior and up to 17 years my junior.

17. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

If two hearts are in sync and beat as one age is just a number. A permanent flame that shall burn forever.

18. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

It's kinda weird because you never know why they want to be with you because you are younger. But eventually when they love you and threat you like they treath others, then I think it is possible.

19. D_eeglefleegle

D_eeglefleegle Account Disabled

My boyfriend is 10 years older. It's only been an advantage in my experience so far. My family teases me about it, saying I'm with an old man. Love does not discriminate. :)

20. BIG_AL69

BIG_AL69 New Member

Hey all big _al69 here, well i got married for the second time and my new wife is 22 and i am 44 years old she is from colombia, and over there the women love men that are older then them, to them thats normal. I am one lucky and happy guy th my new wife.

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
    #20 BIG_AL69, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted