Age disparity in homosexual relationships?

Sharpone

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting thread...I'm in my mid 40's and have been approached by guys in their 20's. I wouldn't even consider them because I don't believe that we have anything in common and there would be nothing to talk about. Plus the idea that I am old enough to be their father is a little disturbing to me.

However, my sister and her husband have been married for over 15 years and he is 20 years older than she is. I do believe that women mature faster then men, so the disparity there wouldn't be so great.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
first on e i was 20 and he was 38, I was to young for relationship. Now at this ripe old age they tell me it 1/2 your age + 9= the youngest you can date. LOL

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My other half is 11 years older, and it's been the best and longest running relationship of my life (we're going on our 5th year). Dating guys my own age always ended in me getting very hurt. Young gay men typically have so much to sort out inwardly, and thus they're in no place to share their lives with another person. I say give older a try.

My partner is 11 years older than me and we're going on 27 years. Keep it up Louie congrats on the 5 years I think they were the hardest.

I personally love older men. Of course I have my age limits of where I'll stop at. However, my boyfriend is 11 yrs older than me and there aren't any problems with that. For the most part we have very similar taste. I couldn't see myself dating someone younger than me...well I'm sure I could but if I had the option I would go older. Older men have always turned me on......

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My ex and I have 30 years between us (24/54). Unfortunately, I was his first so he soon (after two years) wanted to explore but instead of communicating that with me, he snuck around all while I was footing the bill for EVERYTHING (he's still in school). Now we actually work together and he's fine as a friend but no more BF for me. THe biggest problem is that he's anal retentive - compulsive about SO many things. Moreover, he was lousy in bed - low sex drive (at least with me), didn't like kissing, didn't like to be touched in places where most guys enjoy being touched, except he enjoyed having his head rubbed. He thinks we will eventually get back together but I really doubt it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I always had casual sex with men who were significantly older than I was, but none of my relationships had more than an eight-year (18-26, I being younger) age gap and most were ~2 years in either direction.

About three years ago I was in an on-again/off-again thing very aggressively pursued by a guy 22 years my junior (25/47); in many ways he and I were a potentially good fit, though it ultimately failed. He had only ever had "relationships" with guys who'd dominate him. Much as I enjoyed the sex play, I'm looking for an equal, not a sub, and though he was Mensa smart, he didn't have a lick of common sense; he was also the most slovenly wreck of a housekeeper I've ever met.

I'd have been happy being a mentor, but I wasn't gonna be a mother, a "daddy" nor his maid :cool:

spiritsong72

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Much as I enjoyed the sex play, I'm looking for an equal, not a sub... I'd have been happy being a mentor, but I wasn't gonna be a mother, a "daddy" nor his maid :cool:

I couldn't have said it better myself. ESPECIALLY the first part. It used to be that I wouldn't date guys my own age because the ones I ran into were not LTR material. So I would date older guys. Then it got to the point where older guys only wanted me to be their "boi". And while that's fantastic sex play every now and again, for me as a lifestyle it's goddamned EXHAUSTING.

So now that I am nearing being a "gay of a certain age" I find myself craving an equal in every aspect of life. I'm nobody's Daddy, boy, Master, slave, mentor, student. I am looking for someone who wants to be an equal in all matters of life and love.

Which brings me to the age question.

I find I have little to nothing in common with people much younger than myself. On the other side of the coin, if you're much older than me it would take a special kind of person not only to keep my interest but also for me to hold his. Then there's the question of "crossing the finish line first". And while I know absolutely NOTHING in life is guaranteed I love the idea of "growing old" together.

Ultimately I'd like to find someone around my own age. But then again, telling God your plans makes Him laugh out loud so there you go. If the age difference is noticeable, I would hope we'd both bring something extra special to the table to keep each others interest for the long run. But I will not settle for ANYTHING less than an equal, regardless of the age difference. :wink:

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I recently started using a website to talk to guys for dating purposes, and I've found that I relate better to guys in their late-20s to mid-30s than those closer to my age (i.e., early-20s or even 18/19). Perhaps it's a maturity thing or simply coincidence; in any case, because I heavily value a person's personality, I've found myself intrigued by these older guys more. (Unfortunately, most of the much older guys I've talked to seem to be as immature as the very young guys, but I'm sure it's merely a sample bias, haha.)

And of course, it helps that a lot of the older guys who I've clicked with are also pretty damn hot. Heh.

P.S. Bbucko -- and I mean this in the best way possible -- I hope I look as good as you do when I'm 50. I bet there are quite a few more much younger guys pining for you than just that one guy you mentioned. :wink:

A

AM_092

I'm still young and studying, but if the right guy came along even if he was a lot older than me, I would be willing to settle down ;) It wouldn't affect my studies or career.

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It doesnt matter at all buddy! If you love him, thats what does!

When I Was 22, I dated a 34 year old. I was the more mature one in that relationship. When I was 30, I dated a 44 year old. It was great! He had teen sons that liked me a lot because I was still young enough to be "cool" and kick the soccer ball around. In the end, the reason it didnt work out had nothing to do with age but a job transfer.

Right now I am dating someone 4 months older and it is easier but in the end, it doesnt matter either.

Go on and date the guy if you love him!

metastallion

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
hmmm, nice thread.

I think, age gap don't matters at all. In my own case. When i was 17, i was in the relation with a 43 yo guy. But it was a distant relation. I was really in love with him.

Then i got in relation with a 19 yo guy when i myself was 20. It was a bitter experience. We broke up in 3 months.

Now im in relation with 29 yo guy and in 22. Not too much gap but still strongely agree. Age don't matter in love.

Donkeyfan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi all ...

Was 17 going out with a 38 year old guy, always loved big older cock and would take on older if offered.

Buckstar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with louielouie, being a young gay guy myself, I feel I got a lot to sort out and there for am not ready to be in a relationship with another man, girls seem so much easier at the moment. I'm still very atracted to older men, I gave up my ass' first time to a 45 year old man, but no realtionship intendet.

Let me know when you sort things out! :smile:

Buckstar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a fit smart guy pushing 50. I love relationships with younger men. Either the dad/son fantasy or simply older more experienced lover. Don't care frankly if its 5 years, or 25, so long as its mutual and legal. I'm mostly a top, but have sub tendencies. Like I'm into worship and service, in the sense that my objective in sex is to please the other first. I have no desire to simply fuck a hole and cum, or get sucked and cum. It's all about turning on the other, intuitively, masterfully, and pleasuring the other, making him edge and get so close and feel so good, then doing whatever it takes for his orgasm to be great. That turns me on like nothing else. And I love doing this for younger. I love making a younger man who might have some self doubt feel more confident, beautiful, and enough.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Age Disparity comes up often in many relationships, it seems
Cant see a problem myself
bbc World had an item re Age Differences in Str Marriages
60yr old male & 38 yr old Lady ( or thereabouts)
Had a child, Father would be 80 odd when she went to College/whatever
So What'
as long as the Child was Happy thruout life, feel sure she would cope

Who cares what ALL these others who disaprove think?
Helped bring up a Male child, hes 26 now & happy with a lady.
2 Gay Guys, at the time, he 12 years my younger
authorities refused to acknowledge of course
we paid for everything,
NO sweat.
enz

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

I am 11 years older than my life partner. We have been together for over a decade and it has worked. The main thing is not really the age difference but the commonality in thinking and in communication. I can say where I was when John F. Kennedy was killed in Dallas. My other half had not been conceived at the time. The idea here is can you share the knowledge the younger partner does not have and can that partner profit from the knowledge. I never sought out people of substantially different ages, but, my experience was in fact that many who sought me were younger than I. From my experience it would depend on the two people.