Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about families and children and I mentioned that I have no interest in having kids. I just personally have no desire to have kids for a number of reasons, and that is something I am very sure of. I even keep getting told that "I haven't met the right woman yet", but it's not about the right woman, it is about making a choice that I don't want to make.

When I started thinking about it, I wondered to myself if it would be a viable option to have a vasectomy even as a single guy in my 20s. It doesn't seem like a bad choice, to not have to worry about condoms or other birth control and not have that issue constantly on my (or her) mind.

I was just curious about the opinions of this would be. Do any other guys feel the same way about this? Ladies, if you were dating a guy or someone mentioned this, do you think he was being foolish? Or if you felt the same way, would you appreciate the fact that you didn't have to worry about birth control?

B_willy5904

Sexy Member
Media
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Home in the States visiti
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
After my wife and I had our 4th child in 5 years I got snipped. Pretty common among the fathers that I know that are my age.

But I also know a few men that made that decision in their twenties as you are considering. None of these guys regret their decision and they are now married to woman that are like minded. One of the couples have adopted children, they feel that they rather give an existing parent-less child a good home instead of bringing another child into the world.

GADawg2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would never get snipped b/c you never know what may be in the future. 34 here.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about families and children and I mentioned that I have no interest in having kids. I just personally have no desire to have kids for a number of reasons, and that is something I am very sure of. I even keep getting told that "I haven't met the right woman yet", but it's not about the right woman, it is about making a choice that I don't want to make.

When I started thinking about it, I wondered to myself if it would be a viable option to have a vasectomy even as a single guy in my 20s. It doesn't seem like a bad choice, to not have to worry about condoms or other birth control and not have that issue constantly on my (or her) mind.

I was just curious about the opinions of this would be. Do any other guys feel the same way about this? Ladies, if you were dating a guy or someone mentioned this, do you think he was being foolish? Or if you felt the same way, would you appreciate the fact that you didn't have to worry about birth control?
It's a personal choice for you to make and you're of legal age.
I would never get snipped b/c you never know what may be in the future. 34 here.

A vasectomy can be reversed.

chs777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was 29, had 2 kids and my wife and I didn't want anymore. Doctor was pretty laid back about it, just asked if we both had agreed on it and talked about it.

It is a personal choice, best thing I ever did.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
At your age I would encourage you to wait a few years. Over time your opinion may change.

Life is all about choices and I can support that fact; however I am suggesting that you do not rush into a choice that a few years from now you may regret.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
{snip}
A vasectomy can be reversed.

Unfortunately for a friend of mine, not always successfully :frown1:

To the OP, that's a difficult question, because as GADawg2 said, you can never be sure about your feelings in the future, especially at your age.

hung15us

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wish i had done it at my early years in life. I had 3 kids and lost both daughters to cancer and my son and I haven't talked in 5 years. I told my oldest daughter if I had to do it again I would get cut before any kids and if I want kids I could get it reversed and she agreeded. Get cut. It was the best thing I ever did.

lowhangers23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I'm 24 almost 25 and I've been to two dr's and they both refused because of my age and because i don't have any kids. That's kind of the point but anyways I'm like u and don't want kids for a variety of reasons but I can't find a dr willing to do it..

Reactions: ht8890

B_willy5904

Sexy Member
Media
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Home in the States visiti
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well I'm 24 almost 25 and I've been to two dr's and they both refused because of my age and because i don't have any kids. That's kind of the point but anyways I'm like u and don't want kids for a variety of reasons but I can't find a dr willing to do it..

Find a Urological Surgeon in our area, one that specializes in this procedure, this is surgery do not let a GP dig around in there. Then be ready to give a reasoned, clear, and concise explanation on why you want the procedure, and I think you will have better luck.

dbjones1969

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
This OP is a few months old now but food for thought for anyone that stumbles upon this...

quick and relativley painless procedure... no regrets here.... BUT

- in our twenties and even early thirties, both my wife and I were VERY sure we did not want children.. we were happy in our lives... She was always on the pill - not the safest for her in long term but it worked for us then... And then one day - literally - out of the blue - my wife decides that she DOES want a baby.. I was confused, and even a little angry.. WE had decided NO.. where the hell was THIS coming from... anyway - after a year and a half of me not giving in and us not having a very good relationship, I had to decide,, give in to save our marriage and make her happy or move on... I had married her for better or worse - even though I felt that she was the one changing the plans... but I conceded... nervously and reluctantly - but then I decided if I am going to do this, I am going to do it right. I started reading up on parenting and preparing myself... The big day came a little over five years ago when I became a father to our incredible son. I now have no regrets. He is amazing and changed our lives in so many ways... We both agreed after a year that ONE was all we were having since I was now almost 40 and 1 was enough... so THEN I got the vasectomy...

I am not saying it isnt the right choice for you, but you "never know" where life can take you and what you may decide you want after all... people say vasectomies are reversible.. depends.. on how the vasectomy was done in the first place (cut, suture, cauterize....), and for some - the reversal process just doesnt work...

Not trying to convince you either way, just give you my story... take it for what its worth and good luck with your decision. It has proven to be a drug/chemical free effective method of birth control for us for the last 4 years so, so far so good...

ps - it wasnt a real problem for me but I did have some issues for a few months after with "post vasectomy pain syndrome".. google it - just more info for you......

pps - and IF you do decide to do it.... you can milk it for all its worth for a few days.. ;)

D

deleted730192

I got snipped in August, at age 25, eight months after losing my virginity. No children, with one relationship under my belt, and resolute in my desire to not father any children.

Everybody gave me the same appeals of, "You're so young," or "You just havent met the right woman yet," or "You're going to regret it in five years." Phooey! If my current relationship comes to an end and my vasectomy is a dealbreaker for any future women I may encounter, so be it. I don't want to spend any amount of time with a woman whose life goals differ so wildly from my own. I've been opposed to having children as far back as I can remember, and I shall continue to be for the foreseeable future.

And for what it's worth, the procedure was almost painless. I had local anesthesia and remained lucid and engaged in conversation with the doctor and nurse throughout the procedure, then got buttoned up and rode my motorcycle home. As long as I kept my low-hangers in a jock strap for the following week, there was no discomfort or anything. When it came off to change or shower, there was a mild sensation of tension in the scrotum, but no pain. The urologist mentioned that, in his experience, men with the higher, tight scrotums are the most likely to experience pain and discomfort after the procedure. Not a problem at all for me, thankfully. :biggrin1:

Mushrhoom

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was 27 when I had my vasectomy. I'm 63 now and positively no regrets. When I got mine done, I had to go thru 2 docs before I found one who would do it. The first doc said 1) I was too young and 2) I didn't have any kids yet. Well, duh, that's the point isn't it? I don't WANT kids.

Do it man, it's your decision and you're certainly old enough to know what you're doing.

Phillygrower

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 33 with 4 kids. I know I'm done. I got snipped shortly after my last one was born. About 8 months ago I got snipped. I know what my future holds. No more fucking kids!!!