Age For Vasectomy

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Brother had a vasectomy at age 35 odd, after his first wife and 3 kids
They split up, that was supposedly NEVER going to happen, he met another lady, they both wanted to start a family'
Fortunately his reversal vasectomy was succesful.
A fair bit of heartbreak till confirmation of a child tho.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The thing is, before you have the operation, can't you freeze some sperm, just in case you do change your mind later?

I'm pretty certain I don't want kids. There are too many kids in this world that don't have enough love and affection. If I want a child, I can always adopt. Wouldn't have a vasectomy, though.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While a lot of people find that their desire not to have children remains true their whole lives, there are also many people who find that things change after their 20s and that things they were certain of then are not always eternal.

As a few people have pointed out here, vasectomies are not always reversable. It depends on how it was done, and even then there are no guarantees. In the 50 to 70 percent of cases when reversal is possible, sperm count is almost always considerably lower, and there is a higher risk of birth defects caused by deformed sperm.

I would never get a vasectomy because I don't think of my body as a liability that I need to sabotage in order to keep it from doing things I don't want.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mmmm can imagine its not everyones cuppa t, to leave frozen sperm in a vault or whatever hah
besides, i geuss if hubby and wife have decided 'thats it' no more, i doubt she would be overly keen to allow him to jo /deposit semen, 'just in case'
ahh just surmising aninn..

I would NEVER have / had, a vasec myself either..

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
MD's these days are a fearful bunch who won't care for anything if they think that their judgment could be called into question later. They don't want to do a vasectomy on a young person because they are afraid of facing litigation, they don't want to prescribe male HRT correctly because they could be "accused" of prescribing steroids and the list goes on and on and on and on infinitely.

Try a new MD and tell them the following:

I want to adopt because there is a severe history in my family of "polycystic kidney disease". I have escaped this, but it is now on both sides of my family and there is no way that I want to pass on even a chance of a legacy to a child that could be a history of a greatly shortened life expectancy, dialysis, transplant surgery, and all the rest. If I decide to have children I will adopt a child who really needs a good parent. This is genetically passed on. Usually the admitted desire to adopt and combined with a potential genetic problem resulting in suffering for the child will make a big impression. That will usually change their mind.

However: Do not consider a vasectomy to be a plus in any other way than as a preventative of unwanted pregnancy. Many men who are clipped are much more careless in their sexual habits forgetting that there are many STD's out there waiting for them that can have outcomes or results far more disastrous than a pregnancy.
The transmission of STD's is not a gay or straight thing it is a "both" thing instead. Be careful and if you can find a genetic reason that you shouldn't reproduce few will argue.

Media
My Son got 1 about a month ago, he's 33. 2nd marriage, 3 kids. When his wife got pregnant when their baby was 2-1/2 months old, I jokingly told him that he needed 2 be "Spayed & Neutered". He agreed (to my surprise) & had it done a few weeks ago.
A lot of family members got mad (said he was too young), being too hasty (he thought about it for a year). I told that bottom line he & his wife know how many children they can afford. Their choice of birth control is their business & no one else's.

smartsimple

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Had mine done about a month ago. I'm 27. Already have one kid and that is enough for us! No questions from the Dr no nothing. Was best decision I've made. No more worries about birth control, or if we have a condom on us. Cant get any better than that:)

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Got mine at 23 and told the doctor that if I was to have any more children it would be only by adoption (just like I was). I refused to wear condoms, hated bumping into my ex-wife's frisbee (she had issues with the pill), so it was the correct decision...almost 30 years later I still have no regret.

wiretwister

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I started to feel the same way about kids in my early 20's. Before I got engaged, I told my girlfriend that I didn't want kids, & if she did, I was the wrong guy for her. She agreed to it & I was 24 when we got married. She did the pill for a couple yrs. until it was messing up her female anatomy, & I told her that was enough of that, I was getting cut, which I did. That's been over 40 yrs. ago, & I've never regretted the decision, so go for it.

_average

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I'm 31 and we have 2 boys. One is 6, and the other is 5. The 5year old has autism. We do NOT want any more. Even if god forbid we broke up, i just don't want any more. EVER. My GP told me I'm way too young to get the snip. But a private hospital have told me they will do it, but only on referral from my GP, who wont refer me. Time to change Gps i think.

colday

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you can get it reversed if you change your mind, possibly no guarantee that it will work, but I'm pretty sure its more painful getting it reversed than actually getting them snipped.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well I'm 31 and we have 2 boys. One is 6, and the other is 5. The 5year old has autism. We do NOT want any more. Even if god forbid we broke up, i just don't want any more. EVER. My GP told me I'm way too young to get the snip. But a private hospital have told me they will do it, but only on referral from my GP, who wont refer me. Time to change Gps i think.

Tell your GP that you will seek out a "back street" procedure if he wont help, and then come back to him to be sorted out if there is a complication. He might see the logic and stop being a pratt.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was 38 yo when I had a vasectomy. wife and I had 3 sons and we didn't want anymore. in fact, we were gonna stop at 2 kids. after the second child, the wife didn't want to go on the pill, so we started using condoms. now my wife and I had never had sex using condoms during our 12 yrs together. she was always on the pill. the first night we used condoms, the old bugaboo from before we started dating occurred...with my girth I shred condoms especially when really going at it. so the next day, I go down to the RX and find they are making a bigger size now...Magnums. The wife had bought the regular size a few days before. hey, she had never bought any before, she didn't know better, and thought "one size fits all." so any way, I go home with the new bigger condoms, and we fuck, putting the incident the nite before behind us. WRONG!! she got pregnant the nite before when the condom shredded!!! of course, we didn't know that right away.