Age Limit

The-Bigger-the-Better

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I go to a gym were the majority of patrons are men. I dont really think that there is any one that does not sauna or walk around naked. Well lately I have gone and this man is there playing raquet ball with his son. When I walk in to the sauna there are like two other guys pretty hung nude in the sauna...and then there is me...after a while the dad comes in with the son...the son cant be over 16. Am I a prude but I dont think that you should bring your kids unless they are 18. I feel like bringing it up to owner of the gym since we are friends but really dont wanna cause drama at the place that I go to relax and unwind. What do you all think. Oh and I better mention ..the kid is never exposed himself.

gprent

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There is only one thing to do. Ask if there are any age restrictions. If not, you have to go with the flow.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The gym I worked at had an age minimum of 16. However, our sauna was unisex so we had a strict coverage policy. No nudity. If your gym allows him access to the facilities it must be to all areas allowed to any other male. To restrict him from some areas would imply that those areas are for a sexual purpose when they aren't.

As to this kid not being exposed himself, that's his choice. Just because nudity is permitted in an area doesn't mean that it's mandatory.

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't worry about it. The boy needs to learn to feel okay about himself and other men. I'm sure if his dad was uncomfortable with it he wouldn't have brought the boy in. Be yourself and he'll feel more comfortable too.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The boy's father is wise to expose his son to casual male nakedness, regardless of the boy's age. There is nothing for anyone to be ashamed of in the natural circumstances you describe. Good for dad. Better for son, who will have fewer hangups.

It would be different if there were open cruising going on or overt sexual acts being performed.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pecker said:
The boy's father is wise to expose his son to casual male nakedness, regardless of the boy's age. There is nothing for anyone to be ashamed of in the natural circumstances you describe. Good for dad. Better for son, who will have fewer hangups.

It would be different if there were open cruising going on or overt sexual acts being performed.

What Pecker said.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aware of the randomly assigned age restrictions to what's "lookable" in this society of ours I'll say only this:

When I was sixteen (and younger too) I was involved in swimming competitions at our local college gym. All the other guys my age regularly popped wood at the "drop of the soap". There were instructors there as well.

They looked at our cocks too. Often.

Was it "wrong". No, not to me. Was it sexually exciting? Yes immensely.

Do I wish one of those instructors (in particulard one of them!) had asked to touch my dick? Yes. Would society have approved? No.

Would I have given a shit? NO WAY.

This is indeed an odd society in which we live where the fellow who posted this thread thinks that somehow a sixteen year old fully developed dude should be "protected" from his own sexuality.

It's fucked up.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If we were more truthful and honest and open with kids and adolescents about their own sexuality (emotions, bodies, orientation) you would think that we would have fewer repressed and depressed adults walking around. It would be better for everyone.

Aquaman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess being comfortable with nudity is communal, because there's almost always somebody naked or in your underwear walking around here.

I think people get sucked into it because we're artists, and it's an open feeling here. Somebody's buddy or sister will stay overnight or over the weekend, and the next day they're walking around in their underwear too. Maybe if everybody around you is uptight, you get weird ideas about what you look like naked.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
If we were more truthful and honest and open with kids and adolescents about their own sexuality (emotions, bodies, orientation) you would think that we would have fewer repressed and depressed adults walking around. It would be better for everyone.

Precisely so.

It's one of the reasons I think that link to the Weeds segment on masturbation is so helpful.

We're a dreadfully repressed culture here in the States.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I wouldn't put too much thought into it, just as long as nobody is doing anything in there, I don't think that there is any harm in the dad bringing his boy in there, actually I think that it's best that the dad is in there with the boy, if you are that uncomfortable being in there at the same time, then you might choose a different time of day to go there, or choose a different gym to go to.

The-Bigger-the-Better said:
I go to a gym were the majority of patrons are men. I dont really think that there is any one that does not sauna or walk around naked. Well lately I have gone and this man is there playing raquet ball with his son. When I walk in to the sauna there are like two other guys pretty hung nude in the sauna...and then there is me...after a while the dad comes in with the son...the son cant be over 16. Am I a prude but I dont think that you should bring your kids unless they are 18. I feel like bringing it up to owner of the gym since we are friends but really dont wanna cause drama at the place that I go to relax and unwind. What do you all think. Oh and I better mention ..the kid is never exposed himself.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For crying out loud if the 16 year old guy hasnt seen a few cocks by now then he should.
Soon he may feel comfortable enough to drop the towel and ease into mature non-tightassed adult malehood.
Exposing younger guys so that they feel comfortable in the locker rooms gets them over the idea that they invented cocks or are really unique and/or anyone really gives a damn.

tygrrr

Just Browsing
Media
The-Bigger-the-Better said:
When I walk in to the sauna there are like two other guys pretty hung nude in the sauna...and then there is me...after a while the dad comes in with the son...the son cant be over 16. Am I a prude but I dont think that you should bring your kids unless they are 18. I feel like bringing it up to owner of the gym since we are friends but really dont wanna cause drama at the place that I go to relax and unwind. What do you all think. Oh and I better mention ..the kid is never exposed himself.

I think this father is even doing a wise thing to bring his son there, and that it's good that young people learn to be relaxed about nudity - there's no harm in it, only gain. - Also, I doubt his father would have brought him there if he felt that anything 'underhand' was going on. I'm sure he's considered it.
When I go to the public swimming pool here, most guys walk around naked between the changing area and the showers, and certainly many do so in the sauna. Now that I came to think of it, often the younger guys appear to be more concerned about covering up, and I think I did that myself when I was in my teens - I guess it's an aspect of puberty shyness that eventually is replaced with a more relaxed attitude for most. I think most men that go to that public pool even - to a degree - feel protective about the youngsters. -
I wouldn't be the least concerned about that situation you're referring to.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
This is indeed an odd society in which we live where the fellow who posted this thread thinks that somehow a sixteen year old fully developed dude should be "protected" from his own sexuality.

It's fucked up.

To me, the worst part is that he's trying to protect him from sexuality in a non-sexual situation. THAT, is perversion, if you ask me. He clearly sees the sauna as a sexual experience, otherwise, what is he protecting the 16 year old from?

When I steam, I wear a towel, because I'm a hypochondriac who fears contact with the wet surfaces in the steam room. I ALWAYS sauna nude, and when I encounter a sauna which does not permit this, I opt not to use it. Actually, my first few sauna experiences I wore a suit, but I don't like the way it feels against my skin now that I've done it completely naked, laying directly on the wood. Many times, I've been in a busy sauna, and gotten sucked into conversations with pleasant women. Only once did I feel any sexual tension, and my response was to leave the sauna. I worked at the pool in that particular facility, and that woman had asked me on several occasions to permit her to swim nude, to jump into the pool and race or "rescue" her, and she never failed to wear a white bathing suit, which was a very modest cut until it was soaked through. No other trip to the sauna was remotely sexual. If there are any age limit imposed, it was for health reasons. Exposure to the extreme heat is a poor choice for pregnant women, babies, and small children. But a sixteen year old? Yeah sure, why not. As long as she is comfortable sitting next to me, I'm comfortable sitting next to her. Unless she hits on me.

Aquaman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If your kids want to go to the gym, you should be able to take them. Why are we letting freaks dictate what we do and where we take our kids?

If the guys at my gym caught some sicko fuck checking out a sixteen yr old in the lockerroom, he'd be leaving the sauna on a stretcher because we'd beat his pedifile ass. That's how you solve that problem.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Pecker said:

Hmmm seems like I've mentioned this over and over again in diff threads. Lots of dudes with hangups because they didn't get this growing up. Once again pecker is da wise one .

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
To me, the worst part is that he's trying to protect him from sexuality in a non-sexual situation. THAT, is perversion, if you ask me. He clearly sees the sauna as a sexual experience, otherwise, what is he protecting the 16 year old from?

Wow. Well thought through Bronx. Thanks. 'Sexuality in a non-seuxal situation' is precisely it. This is a manifestation of the imposition of a negative sense of sexuality on any situation which involves nudity. But hey I'd look at the lad. I guess I must be a child molester. :rolleyes:

Aquaman said:
If the guys at my gym caught some sicko fuck checking out a sixteen yr old in the lockerroom, he'd be leaving the sauna on a stretcher because we'd beat his pedifile ass. That's how you solve that problem.

Well then label me one of your 'sickos'. And the word's "pedophile" for accuracy's sake. Christ. What a society we are.

Baron Von Gloeden (1856-1931) immortalized the young male nude at the end of the nineteenth and the dawn of the twentieth centuries. Many of his negatives from Toarmina were destroyed by the Nazis (telling huh?) who were the self-appointed morality police of their day. They levelled his house and studio too.

Three Boys on a Bench Baron Von Gloeden (late 19th century)

I frequent a local gym. I walked into the locker room after finishing two hours of cardio and using the free weights about a month ago or so. As I exited the shower I noted two teenaged boys (who couldn't have been more than sixteen years old) who were play-pushing each other back and forth. Both were fully developed as all sixteen year old boys are in my experience. One was obviously a bit excited from the play acting since he had a partial boner.

I looked. Yup I did. Poke my eyes out with a glowing red hot poker.

I guess you'd better call the 'sicko' police because those boys were beautiful to behold. They were at an artistic prime in their lives.

Now you tell me that all those heteros dudes ogling the sixteen year old (often younger) females in bikinis on the beach are 'sickos' and I'll get your point.

Otherwise there's nothing wrong with "admiring God's handiwork". :rolleyes:

Let's keep some perspective here folks.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The establishment and his dad have no problem with him being there. Leave well enough alone.

... but I dont think that you should bring your kids unless they are 18.
Does this mean that it is somehow harmful for a young male to see another penis in this setting? It never harmed me. It is just a part of the body.