Daxe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was on craigslist tonight and answered a ad from a guy who wanted to go get a beer(no sexual favors offered or wanted on eather end). We exchanged a couple of e-mails and decided to meet untill I told him my true age I never lie about my age when asked then all comunication stoped. It was not a huge difference he is in his late 20's I am in my late 30's. We hit it off well all that mattered to him was the number. So how much does age matter when we are not looking for sex but for friends?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Age matters not a jot to me. I have friends in their 70s (80s perhaps? I haven't asked) and friends in their 20s - I'd happily be friends with teenagers, but circumstances don't present at the moment.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Difference in age for being friends is no problem, but as I notice is that it is almost natural to get friends around your age. I don't look for older friends or older people are not looking for friendship from me. Don't have problems with age, but most of the time you stay in your age-category.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Im sorry you got stomped like that...maybe he thought that the massive ten years difference meant you would have little in common lol. When people pull that crap I ask myself "do i really need someone like that in my life?" and the answer is always I THINK NOT. Plus, dude, you said this was Craigslist...where anything is possible. For all you know he could be on home incarceration :rolleyes:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Difference in age for being friends is no problem, but as I notice is that it is almost natural to get friends around your age. I don't look for older friends or older people are not looking for friendship from me. Don't have problems with age, but most of the time you stay in your age-category.

Perhaps at your age that is slightly more true, Pieter - but once you get a bit older you find yourself integrating in work and socially (i.e. hobbies and interests) with people of all ages. Once you are interacting, regardless of reason, there is a common ground and, as with people of your own age, friendships form or not depending on all sorts of factors.

When I was 17 I started doing bar work and became friends with most of my colleagues who ranged from teenagers like me to married people in the 40s and 50s. Likewise at 18 (or maybe 19, I forget) when I joined a martial arts club the other members were aged between 16 and 64 and from various social backgrounds. It was in those two environments that I figured out that I could have something in common with and be friends with anyone. It has stood me in good stead. Being open to friendship with anyone has brought some wonderful people into my life.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was younger I almost exclusively had friends who were older because I found them more interesting, however now I have friends who differ in age from 21 to 85. I find the perspective of each of their experiences very rewarding.

sweetmissy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Age shouldn't matter. I like to meet people of different ages. My preference is older but everyone is different. And if you are just friends, who cares. They may be able to offer you a different perspectives on life. You never know, you may learn something!

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Age is more or less just a number, though typically I go for guy that are older than myself. For me its based more on individual interests. You can miss SO much when you cut a group off based on something like age.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Age is more or less just a number, though typically I go for guy that are older than myself. For me its based more on individual interests. You can miss SO much when you cut a group off based on something like age.

*cough* How you doin'? *said i my best Joey from friend voice.* :) Older guy here...*wink* heheheh

D

deleted3782

So how much does age matter when we are not looking for sex but for friends?

He was not looking for a friend on Craig's List. He was looking for "friends with benefits" and he gets off on guys who are younger.

Be glad you didn't waste your time trying to be his friend.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
^^ Agreeing with what Amex said.

I've had friends of all ages too. When I was 18, 19 years old I had great times with "old" guys (40-60), that worked for my dad. Now, most my friends around here where I live are 15 to 22 years younger than me. The few older friends I hang out with are in the ex-pat community.

I'd be bored to only know people from my own age group.

D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Experimental Member
Media
aslong as there is some common ground to cross, age in friendships is meaningless. I just don't expect a 18 year old college student to be good friends with a 35 year old firefighter. Not that they couldn't have met somehow, just would be no common grounds there if the college student had nothing to do with fires...or fighting them on any occasion in his life.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
===============
most of the time it might be true Pieterjoke but i'd want to hang with you cause you seem to be so fun and outgoing. I'd definitely want you as my friend and i'm more than twice your age.:tongue:

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I THINK NOT. Plus, dude, you said this was Craigslist...where anything is possible. For all you know he could be on home incarceration :rolleyes:[/quote]
================
Literally LOL! I was, just at this minute, IM'ing a friend who is 16 years my jr and is on home incarceration (until jan 27th). Too funny -and, though he's a bad boy, he's awesome and i love hanging out with him almost as much as my 76 yr old friend Leo.