Aggressor or Wallflower?

Do you usually make the first move when you see someone you are attracted to?

• Yes - I always approach someone first.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No - I rarely make the first move and usually wait to be approached.

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you make the first move or patiently hope for it to happen? Have you always been this way? What is generally your first move if you are the agressor?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you make the first move or patiently hope for it to happen? Have you always been this way? What is generally your first move if you are the agressor?
I'm shy and have a fear of rejection. I always wait for the guy to make the first move. :redface:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, today I am not on the make, but if I were, I can't say that I would always make the first move. So, when I said YES to the above poll, it was not entirely the truth.

One of my favorite pastimes and joys in life is that of watching people. So, I tend to relax and lurk in the background, checking out my surroundings.
But, I'm not a shrinking violet, by any means. If I see someone that I think might like to get to know better, whether it be male or female, I have no reservations about going up and starting a conversation, with the hopes that something nice will happen.

I think one can immediately feel if a connection is possible or not. If it isn't, no harm for trying. Also, if it is a rejection, and believe you me there have been many of them, I always try to remember that it was I that initiated the contact, so I leave them with a smile and "glad to meet you", or "maybe next time", or something pleasant. It helps to dull my rejection, I think.

Actually rather than being aggressive, I prefer to think that I am assertive. To be aggressive means to be pushy, quarrelsome, etc. where assertive just means one is self-confident and positive.

So, have I always been assertive? Well, pretty much so.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Really depends on the situation, socially I am more the wall flower type and just stick with my close friends. On a rare occasion, I will be the first one to approach the other person. Online I am a lot more the aggresor or chat it's just more out of friendliness to greet people.

Professionally, when I worked. I had to be more aggressive due to time contraints on my job and many times being the only Phlebotomist on my shift. When your covering 400 plus beds, ER, and Outpatient lab you have to be able to speak up and prioritize. If somebody told me a complain that was significant I would always track down their nurse as well or hit their call light.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Another wallflower here. I'm incredibly shy and passive in every situation, so it's doubly hard for me to make the first move with someone I find a romantic interest in.:redface: I guess I'm also a tad bit afraid of rejection.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmmm.... interesting question.

I don't think anyone I know would ever call me a 'wallflower' because I am usually the centre of the entertainment.

However, when it comes to making the first move, in the past I haven't. Oh lord, that's not true!:eek: I think I have just voted incorrectly!! :rolleyes:

Hey... isn't it funny how your opinion of yourself can be quite incorrect!! :biggrin1:

I prefer not to make the first move.
But if the bloke won't, then I do hate to miss an opportunity, so will go ahead and manouvre so as to give him a chance to make one, hence I suppose I have just made 'said' 1st move... :redface:

Not that I have even done that for 20 years.... but still, had I not made the first move I would not be married now. Hmmmmmm that leads to even more food for thought...... :cool:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it depends. Most of the time though I do not make the first move. If I do it is usually not in a threatening manner . I tend to just strike up conversations with or without the intent of making moves on someone. Most of my friends are male so that may be a factor as well.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm very outgoing, but the one thing I can never do is spot when someone I am atracted to is also attracted to me. So I am a wallflower as I always get tongue tied around beautiful women I'm attracted to. When I have had to go out and ask a woman out, it is usually something simple. Coffee, lunch, etc. and test the waters. I used to be way to afraid of getting hurt to jump in feet first.

I'm very outgoing, but the one thing I can never do is spot when someone I am atracted to is also attracted to me.

Me too! Has always been this way. My friends and I would go out and when we'd rendezvous later they'd go off on me asking me why I didn't go for this or that girl because she was into me and I'd look back at my friends like they had two heads. For me to catch on, a girl or guy practically has to throw themselves as me. Just not good at social signalling. I tend to believe people when they tell me things. Damn INTJness.

I am nearly always a wallflower EXCEPT when I get an overwhelming attraction and someone just clicks with me so well that I have got to explore it. Then I'm just driven. Doesn't mean I'm smooth about it :redface:, but if I ask someone out then it means there's much more to my desires than a quick fuck or even a casual relationship.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Usually more of a wallflower (being shy, fear of rejection, and all that), but I have asked guys out before! (Some rejected me but some accepted! So I figure that is also what happens to guys when they ask someone out...)

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Aggressor?

Perhaps earl is just kidding but I'm still puzzled and bit discouraged when I hear the act of meeting someone new as smacking of aggression. Its almost as if the event is seen as a potential crime.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aggressor?

Perhaps earl is just kidding but I'm still puzzled and bit discouraged when I hear the act of meeting someone new as smacking of aggression. Its almost as if the event is seen as a potential crime.

Ha!! I am there with you!
I think the name 'aggressor' kind of threw me a bit...

I have given this more thought over a liquid lunch.
I certainly don't see myself as an aggressor, but in everything I do, I do see myself as one who makes things happen.... so I perhaps am more or a manipulator which makes circumstances seem that the other is making the first move.... except I've already made it...... :rolleyes:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I put no. I am not the aggressor, and I always wait for someone to approach me. I've been this way my whole life, and have never asked a guy out on a date, or told a guy that I'm interested in him.

This has caused me problems my whole life, and is causing me problems currently with a guy I've had a crush on for months. *sigh*

The problem is... if he was a member on LPSG, and opted to take this little poll, I think his answer would be the same as mine. :rolleyes:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I put no. I am not the aggressor, and I always wait for someone to approach me. I've been this way my whole life, and have never asked a guy out on a date, or told a guy that I'm interested in him.

This has caused me problems my whole life, and is causing me problems currently with a guy I've had a crush on for months. *sigh*

The problem is... if he was a member on LPSG, and opted to take this little poll, I think his answer would be the same as mine. :rolleyes:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Go for it... you have nothing to lose....
Just get yourself infront of him on some pretext, give him the opportunity to chat/help/advise and get it going!!!

Life is too short to waste opportunities!! :wink: