Aging and Race

black_hung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sorry to bring up the issue of race again. I want your opinions on how diferent races age. One of the things I've noticed is that black people age very well. Please, don't accuse me of being racist, I AM NOT. I mean compared to white(caucasion) people we tend to look younger. Our skin gets wrinkled at a later stage . This subject came up recently at my workplace when we celebrated a black colleague's birthday. She is 46 but looks 32/33. Incredible.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Indians age pretty well too. No baldness or anything, but maybe a few streaks of gray with age.

black_hung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Nov 4 2005, 12&#58;05 AM) [post=358047]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Indians age pretty well too. No baldness or anything, but maybe a few streaks of gray with age.
[/b][/quote]
Oh yes.......I agree.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
All factors being equal, I do believe that persons with darker skin tend to have fewer wrinkles and less sagging... HOWEVER Smoking and sun damage are the biggest factors along with alcoholism/drug abuse. Believe it or not, diet has a lot to do with it...omega 3&#39;s are wonderful. I stay out of the sun and take care of myself. As a result, I have no lines on my face and I&#39;m white as they come.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are you talking about?&#33; Aging has nothing to do with race&#33;

I interviewed a man yesterday for a job here, he happened to be black. I presumed he was in his forties, maybe fifties. HE WAS 71&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

My dad is 70 now. I&#39;ve got photo&#39;s of him from before I was born, he looks exactly the same then as he does now. - Incidentally, he&#39;s out in the sunshine ALL the time&#33;

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lex &#064; Nov 4 2005, 12&#58;44 AM) [post=358059]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Generally speaking, staying out of the sun and avoiding alcoholism and drug abuse also helps you look young.
[/b][/quote]

AGREED&#33;

black_hung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lex &#064; Nov 4 2005, 12&#58;44 AM) [post=358059]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Generally speaking, staying out of the sun and avoiding alcoholism and drug abuse also helps you look young.
[/b][/quote]
All that helps. Also,you must have a good diet as well.

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
I presume that having more melanin in your skin protects it to some degree from the ageing effects of sunlight. On that basis, if two people have the same exposure to sunlight, the lighter-skinned one will appear to age more.

BuffMusicIdol

Just Browsing
Media
I agree with black_hung about the aging bit. I have a native american friend who is prematurely gray and he goes nuts thinking he looks way too old. Actually, he looks very handsome and distinguished, and has very thick, wonderful head of hair. He doesn&#39;t look old at all.

I will be 50 in a few weeks, and am always amazed when I go out with my 21 yr old daughter that the restaurant servers and public think I&#39;m her older brother or date. I&#39;m told I look about 35. I don&#39;t drink or smoke, and although I LOVE the sun, I&#39;m too old to endure it for long.

I just wish my ability to keep the fat off was easier. I miss my younger days for that reason. A six-pack is quite a luxury item and not often attainable at my age. However, I do know a couple of people older than me with incredible physiques. I make them my inspiration to keep trying.

My black friends seem rather ageless. I think it&#39;s great, and something to admire. There is usually something to admire about any person, any race.

Those are my thoughts.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There might very well be something to that whole aging/skin pigmentation thing, but I&#39;m not a good gauge of that since I&#39;m notoriously TERRIBLE at guessing the age of others&#33; It&#39;s almost laughable.

I started greying at my temples as a teenager and have developed additional, scattered grey in the years since; it used to lend me a sense of gravitas that I felt I "needed" because I starting teaching adults when I was still relatively young, but now I think it just makes me look old.
<

My father has been completely grey for as long as I can remember, but I was a late-arriving family "accident" anyway. I wonder if he started greying as young as I did.

I do have a good friend who is black and slightly older than I but who is constantly being mistaken for being much younger.