Air Conditioning

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do you like your apartment/bedroom/to be super cold, cold, cool, warm etc?

i like my apartment to be relatively cool, but my bedroom must be even cooler.

i personally like a very cool bedroom,...but especially at night when i am sleeping...i like it almost super cold then...it is nice to be able to get under the warm covers.

i have always found that strange, however...very hot outside, very cold room, get under covers to be warm :confused: ...

ah well...you?

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We would make very good roomates :biggrin1:

Do you spoon? :wink:

Seriously, what you described is very much like I keep my house. I'll even turn on the ceiling fan above my bed if it's not cool enough. I swear that I have gotten up and seen my breath in my room, lol

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do you like your apartment/bedroom/to be super cold, cold, cool, warm etc?

i like my apartment to be relatively cool, but my bedroom must be even cooler.

i personally like a very cool bedroom,...but especially at night when i am sleeping...i like it almost super cold then...it is nice to be able to get under the warm covers.

i have always found that strange, however...very hot outside, very cold room, get under covers to be warm :confused: ...

ah well...you?
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same, much rather be on the cool side than uncomfortably warm. Unfortunately the majority of people in my office like the place definitely on the warm side... it was 82 frikkin degrees at work today... yecchh

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have tinnitus and insomnia, so I sleep with a box fan blaring on high blowing right on me... I've been sleeping like that since age 7.

I absolutely cannot go to sleep if I am too hot.

Doesn't everyone wanna be Flashy's roommate? An intellectual weed smoker who is simultaneously wealthy and keeps a cold apartment at night? The dream roommate! lol!!!!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
im usually the overheated person in the room. hubby fixed the a/c a few days ago b/c spring warm weather was making it 80 degrees in the house. i like it between 65-70 in the house. at night a small fan on my nightstand is a must no matter the weather.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a tough question for me because I had to have my arms twisted to install heating and air conditioning in Hawaii because both are so rarely needed if you have ceiling fans and cross ventilation. On the other hand during the hot humid days that are de rigueur during the summer in NY the air conditioning is a necessary luxury. But I typically close the vents in the bedroom at night and let the cool air waft in from the living room.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like to be cool during the day and warmer at night *but not too warm*...sleeping without covers. I can't even wear socks to sleep in. Being furry and just warm enough to not use the blankets is a good thing!

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a house fan and a stone house so I can get away with opening the windows at night and sucking (so to speak) in the cool air and then shutting the windows in the morning and it stays cool all day. I can do this for a couple months in the Spring and a couple months in the Fall. In summer in Dallas of course the AC is on. I too like it almost cold in the bedroom at night and then get under warm cozy covers. The best sleep ever.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like to be cool during the day and warmer at night *but not too warm*...sleeping without covers. I can't even wear socks to sleep in. Being furry and just warm enough to not use the blankets is a good thing!

I love furry guys. I would keep you on the North side of the bed in the Winter so I'd stay warm!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Doesn't all of that muscle heat you up at night? It'd be like being wrapped in little ceramic heaters! I don't know how you stand it man...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I have tinnitus and insomnia, so I sleep with a box fan blaring on high blowing right on me... I've been sleeping like that since age 7.

I absolutely cannot go to sleep if I am too hot.
I have insomnia and I have a funny thing developing which may be a very mild case of tinnitus.
In summer I have a fan and air conditioner going all the time.
I am one of the last people to remove their air conditioner in the fall.
I keep the window open at least a crack even on cold winter nights, and often the fan's on too.
Give me cold air and a warm comforter and it's zzzzzzzzzzz/

Doesn't everyone wanna be Flashy's roommate? An intellectual weed smoker who is simultaneously wealthy and keeps a cold apartment at night? The dream roommate! lol!!!!
So that's why I like Flashy.
You hit four bases there, tripod.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love furry guys. I would keep you on the North side of the bed in the Winter so I'd stay warm!

:) I'm furry from all sides...most always just trim the back. NO shaving! :)
just back on up BDD :)

Tripod said:
Doesn't all of that muscle heat you up at night? It'd be like being wrapped in little ceramic heaters! I don't know how you stand it man...

well I am a sweaty kinda guy when I get too hot. Partner and I just got a new Cal King mattress that has a memory foam top that is designed to keep you cooler. It's GREAT!!!

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh I've gotta have my place colddddd: at most 69 degrees F.

As Melville says: "...truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more."
— Moby-Dick, Ch. 11

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't mind the heat - so long as my bedroom is a little cooler than the rest of the place and there's some airflow. I always have the windows open unless it's well below freezing. I give off a lot of heat, so I'll often sleep without any covers, while my other half is snuggled up under the duvet.

I prefer not to use AC at all if I can avoid it because your body never acclimatises to the heat if you stay artificially cool. Humidity's a different story though.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I like the room to be as hot as poss but cannot abide with my feet being warm so i pop them out from under the duvet.

I do however have a fan on in the summer to keep my hots bits cool.

Saying that,with the dreams i've been having of late i've been waking up almost at boiling point :p

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have to have it cold to sleep. Rather than air condition the entire house to my sleeping standards (66-67 degrees), I put a small window unit in my bedroom. Keeps it nice and cool in my bedroom, while a comfortable 78 in the rest of the house. I also run the ceiling fan for air circulation. I can't sleep if it's hot in the slightest (and I live in Houston...).

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I need it chilly to sleep too and tend to crank it at night....but overall, i am not big on treated air of any kind (a/c or heat). The older I get, seems that a few hours of a/c or forced heat sends my sinuses into a tizzy.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like it to be cool, but it always kills me when it's cooling up (correct me if this verb is wrong) too much when sleeping. Wish I had an airconditioner that just understands that it's freezing and increase the temperature just a little bit.