Airports

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ok I have decided that I hate airports!!!! They're evil.

In the last month I have travelled between London, Dublin and Madrid six times and every single time the airports have been the lowest point on my journey, If its not delayed luggage or rude staff, its being held up for hours at security.

Anyone else grown to hate airports as much as me?

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Here are the worst airports i've ever had the misfortune to pass through!

5. Barajas, Madrid

4. Heathrow London

3. Malpensa Milano

2. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

1-> Beavais Paris, Nothing more than a shed and I have NEVER, (on seven seperate occasions) left on time!! :grr:

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm hearing you. I feel a touch of "airport rage" whenever I fly.

Normally, I enjoy situations like that just for the people-watching potential, but somehow, airports just suck the fun out of it.

hung_big: My airport experiences are rather enjoyable. I've left on time all of the time (and I've travelled quite alot), but this once my flight got cancelled, without my knowing it and by that time it was too late. I had to wait an extra 6 hours, but I got paid back by a FIRST CLASS flight for 8 hours (from Eastern Europe to North America). It was quite excellent actually - the time waited was well worth it.

hung_big: LOL!

I assure you I was treated as Royalty. Did you know they have MENUS on planes? I got to eat steak, fresh-baked cookies, Hageendaz (how do you spell it?!) icecream and all the other fixing. I was surprised how luxurious first class was. I would like, live on that plane for a while - no jokes.

Maybe it was because I was really sexy and they thought I was Prince William's long-lost brother ;) :p :rolleyes:

hung_big: Air Canada :D

I fell asleep and woke up 7 times to food! ^_^ They served something new at the top of every hour!

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
airports are depressing enough, but what I REALLY hate is being jammed into a seat apparently designed for a hobbit for 8+ hours at a time. the travelling conditions on board modern passenger aircraft are just fucking medieval, and there's no excuse whatsoever. my mother's sister DIED from DVT induced by her being cramped into an airplane seat with insufficient legroom to even permit healthy bloodflow. if I'm fed up at the airport BEFORE I get on the plane, I'm usually about ready to shit a kidney by the time I get OFF the damn thing.

hung_big: That's why you control the weather with your superpowers, get your flight delayed and then they give you a first class flight as reimbursment. DUH, Dr. Rock...haven't you ever heard of that?

hung_big: Oh jesus...are you serious? That is completely bogus. You aren't at fault and they make you repay? Can you explain that to me...or are you as dumbfounded as I am?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 9 2005, 07:34 PM
Oh jesus...are you serious? That is completely bogus. You aren't at fault and they make you repay? Can you explain that to me...or are you as dumbfounded as I am?
[post=298886]Quoted post[/post]​
usually you'll end up having to pay a nominal charge of around $100 or so to change your booking to another flight. depending on how difficult this is to arrange, you may end up having to buy a whole new ticket instead. I think the reasoning is that since it's not THEIR fault either, the financial responsibility ultimately devolves to the customer.

one of many reasons why the airline industry here has been staring rapid extinction in the face since 9/11. nobody is prepared to put up with their bullshit AS WELL as the media-hype "risks" anymore.

hung_big: Though it is not their fault either, why would they need the extra money? You pay for a flight ticket expecting it to take you to your destination. That ticket incompasses the cost of fuel for the plane, employees' wages etc. So, logically, if the flight does not take place, the airline company is not paying for the flight(employees, fuel or anything else), so why should the customer have to pay for something?

hung_big: You have successfully made another one of my "Quote of the Week"s!

Always give me a good chuckle Rock...thanks alot brah!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by db03@Apr 9 2005, 08:28 AM
VIVA CANADA
[post=298807]Quoted post[/post]​
Yanno how it got that name? Spanish explorers said "aqui nada". (Here is nothing.)

Well, actually, it originally referred to a 16th-century town in what's now Quebec. Not as bad as naming the U.S. after the Amerrique Mountains. (Which is STILL slightly more sensible than naming the inhabited island closest to Antarctica Tierra del Fuego.)

hung_big:
Originally posted by jonb+Apr 9 2005, 04:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Apr 9 2005, 04:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-db03@Apr 9 2005, 08:28 AM
VIVA CANADA
[post=298807]Quoted post[/post]​
Yanno how it got that name? Spanish explorers said "aqui nada". (Here is nothing.)

Well, actually, it originally referred to a 16th-century town in what&#39;s now Quebec. Not as bad as naming the U.S. after the Amerrique Mountains. (Which is STILL slightly more sensible than naming the inhabited island closest to Antarctica Tierra del Fuego.)
[post=298931]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*Smiles and nods personally* Mmhmm...that IS very interesting&#33;