Al Gore 2008

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_N Flay Table, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Al Gore 2008

1. Yes!

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. NO!

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Unsure.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

If Al Gore ran for president would you vote for him?

2. BigA

BigA New Member

Well, I've always liked him but if he couldn't beat George W. what chance would he have?

3. jacob_6000

jacob_6000 New Member

Unsure now - but I like him a lot.

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

Al Gore? The name is familiar. Has he been in the movies?:smile:

5. Shelby

Gold Member

It would be sweet to have a divinity school dropout/climatologist as president.

Save the polar bears!

6. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    guy couldn't beat a dumb-ass like Bush.

7. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    As I recall, Gore DID win the popular vote nationwide, it's improbable that all of those older jewish people in Miami meant to vote for Pat Buchanan (butterfly ballot), the recount issue went to a Supreme Court most of whom were appointed by republicans, and his brother, Jeb, had the state patrol hanging around polling places in minority neighborhoods. It seems to me that he very well could have won, or maybe he really did.
    However, none of that is relevant to who would be an effective leader after this eight year train wreck. To me it seems that he is very experienced, was heavily involved in an administration that was generally considered to be fairly successful, and has a record of being able to consider and articulate a long-term view.
    I'd like to see a Gore/Obama ticket.

8. agnslz

Gold Member

Of course I would! I voted for him the first time, why not now?:biggrin:

9. need2bfilled

need2bfilled New Member

lets rehash a proven loser lol

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    We did that already in 2004...look where it's gotten us.

I'm currently reading his Assault on Reason. I can't help but be wistful about the "could've beens" of having someone intelligent and not entirely self-absorbed in the White House...

11. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    lets rehash a proven loser lol

Typical rethuglican "straw man" argument.

12. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

13. 3664shaken

3664shaken New Member

OH DEAR

Completely irrelevant, the United States of America uses a electoral ballot not a popular vote to elect the president.

Hmmm, you might be right, but then again that ballot was designed by a the Democrat commissioner. Do you suggest that we simply give all votes to Buchanan to Gore.

Most were appointed by Republicans but most still held a liberal viewpoint. The Supreme Court was patently liberal biased during this time, but even so the first vote was 9-0 and the second was 7-2.

Conspiracy theory at best, to date there still has not been found one minority who conclusively was denied a right to vote illegally. However, two white senior citizens were found to have been denied their right in Dade county, they were republicans - surprise surprise.

Even the liberal NORC recounts found that 12 out 13 scenarios Bush won and by larger margins than officially given. Only on the 13th scenario which gave Gore every single vote in question could he pull of the win.

And yet somehow it seems to you that he very well could have won, yup, sure, and the earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese.

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

The contentions ballot was in Palm Beach County, where I lived at the time. Miami is in a different county. Buchanan's tally in PBC wasn't out-of-line when you factor in Palm Beach (township), Palm Beach Gardens, and other conservative areas.
    Would that be known as the "Jeb patrol"? :rolleyes:

15. sargon20

Gold Member

It's pretty hard to lose in a state when your brother is the governor. as GWB said before the election with Jeb in tow 'I'm not worried about Florida'.

16. JustAsking

Gold Member

Except he did beat George W.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Who's he hypothetically running against?

I'd vote for him ahead of Goldwater and Dole, if we're running him against another candidate for president who never won.

18. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    He could constitutionally be Veep again, maybe Hillary or Barack will make him an offer.:tongue:

I expect to vote for whomever the Dem nominee is, because of the phony electoral system, my vote doesn't count in a state that is likely to have a res publican majority.

19. B_Rivas_Boricua4Ever

Gore has some good ideas (especially about the environment) and he seems like a decent man but...no, not for president.

20. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

This isn't the first time a nominee got more of the votes and still lost. It's how Grover Cleveland lost to Benjamin Harrison. The founding fathers set this nation up to be a democratic republic. Democratic so that the power rested in the hands of the people, and republic to prevent mob rule. Thomas Jefferson ran as nominee of the Party of the Democratic-republic. The main reason for it is to protect the rights of individuals and make sure every one counts.
    If Paula Jones had come forward in the early primary days, it would have been Gore elected in 1992. A large number of peeps voted against Gore in 2000 because they were sick of the Clintons. He had been too closely tied to them. Personally, I haven't seen a good one win in many decades. I think the only decent human elected in the last 47 years was Jimmy Carter. He was so honest he couldn't get much accomplished in our corrupt system. Probably the most rotten one, and the most stupid one were both from Texas. Lyndon Johnson and G W. sheesh I wanna move to the Bahamas.
    One very large problem I had with BC was he said people in this country were too concerned about individual rights. He actually said that to the press. Now isn't that what we are supposed to be all about?

Draft saved Draft deleted