Al Gore announces retirement from global warming campaign........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr. Snakey, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

and will spend the rest of his life skiing in Vegas.

2. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have been to Vegas a few times, it got pretty chilly but it never snowed.
    How surreal!

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Although rare it's not the first time, I seem to remember being there around this time of year once and it snowed about and inch, it was very surreal given the backdrop of Vegas.

4. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

He must have been playing at the craps tables at Cesars. You know the Gore Effect....

5. pym

pym New Member

6. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

I thought you were conservative

7. pym

pym New Member

Please do me the curtesy of adding me to your ignore list. I'm not interested in your input. I'm pretty sure that i made it clear to you that i won't be responding to your posts. Your posting history here indicates to ALL that you are here, NOT as a community member, but as an inflammatory agitator. You merit NO attention. I've asked you nicely. If you continue to reply to MY posts, i will report you to the Moderators as a disruptive influence on the board and add to your growing list of reported posts. Again, i am NOT interested in any replys to 'my' posts from YOU. Last Transmission.

8. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

You are reporting my posts? For what? Not agreeing with you? I will ignore your looney childish posts. I would hate to see you cry. :confused:

You may be disappointed one day when you come to log into lspg.com and find no one posted because you have them all on ignore.

#8 B_allthebest, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  9. D_Marazion Analdouche

Actually he put his private jets in their hangers for a month and the world chilled by 3 degrees.

10. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

I am sure that helped.

I was reading how Global warming is so close to a religion the similarities are endless and also very funny. Beside blind faith and the fact that most GW advocates have no religion, the one thing that someone added to the religion analogy is the need to punish the sinful. Back in the old days the sinful needed to be punished because it was thought that god would smite the entire village or tribe if the sin continued to occur. The same is with global warming, you are not only sinning by using a plastic bag, you are sinning against the community. It has to be stopped or taxed! Can you say Holy Carbon Offset Offering.

11. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That's just the planet doing it's thing. Nothing to see here kid, move along.

12. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

13. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now that Sin City has frozen over, hell must be next.

14. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

In Ohio it is over 60 degrees today. Since gas prices have dropped, people have been driving more...and with the emissions...reckless fuel consumption... you can see a funky green haze stagnating over the whole state, if the driving/increased emissions continue at this rate, we'll be in the mid-80's by January. Its hard to see the sun from here, too. We have to drive over to Kentucky to see the sun.

15. pym

pym New Member

Please further my Education here.....My Masters degree in Engineering has'nt prepared me for your astonishing insight into G.W. Face. REALLY.....
    I am QUITE prepared to debate you on this issue with great alacrity. And i promise that i won't try to insult your's or any-one else's intelligance here on this board with Qoutes from "Business & Media Institute" as my a primary reference source regarding the single most pressing issue of our times. When a Meterologist's {CNN weatherman} opinions trump NASA's resources and Finding's as i posted.......well at that point, It is quite obvious who has the intellect to "sit-in" on the BOARD and who will not. Come-on lets play.....Your rhetoric and my ability to produce fact. This is a topic of debate i could really sink my teeth into. Bring it on! And please be ready to debate definative data based on 900,000 years of empirical evidence. But i'll tell you what, just to keep it simple for YOU.....please, PLEASE! offer some believable, credible reference that supports your supposition that " That's just the planet doing it's thing" That would be 'AWESOME dude'!

#15 pym, Dec 19, 2008
  16. B_allthebest

B_allthebest New Member

Breaking your own rules PYM, I thought I was on ignore?

You quoted CNN and I quoted CNN? At least me quote got the arrogant part right. Mr. Masters Degree in engineering.

#16 B_allthebest, Dec 19, 2008
  17. outtosea

outtosea New Member

16 Nov 08 – "A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming.

“On Monday, NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by Al Gore's chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.

“This was startling. Across the world there were reports of unseasonal snow and plummeting temperatures last month, from the American Great Plains to China, and from the Alps to New Zealand. China's official news agency reported that Tibet had suffered its "worst snowstorm ever". In the US, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month, and ranked it as only the 70th-warmest October in 114 years.

“So what explained the anomaly? GISS's computerised temperature maps seemed to show readings across a large part of Russia had been up to 10 degrees higher than normal. But when expert readers of the two leading warming-sceptic blogs, Watts Up With That and Climate Audit, began detailed analysis of the GISS data they made an astonishing discovery.

“The reason for the freak figures was that scores of temperature records from Russia and elsewhere were not based on October readings at all. Figures from the previous month had simply been carried over and repeated two months running.

“The error was so glaring … [that] GISS began hastily revising its figures. This only made the confusion worse because, to compensate for the lowered temperatures in Russia, GISS claimed to have discovered a new "hotspot" in the Arctic - in a month when satellite images were showing Arctic sea-ice recovering so fast from its summer melt that three weeks ago it was 30 per cent more extensive than at the same time last year.

18. pym

pym New Member

University of Washington study: Please take the time to note in this abstract, the fact regarding "While the total area of ice cover has remained about the same, the amount of ice more than a year old has declined by 420,000 square miles, a 23 percent reduction. An area of 420,000 square miles is as big as Texas and California combined. "
    This is what's known as 'CONVENTIONAL' wisdom....
    http://uwnews.org/uweek/article.aspx?id=37009
    By the way....for the purposes of this debate, care to set credible sources of reference guidlines? i'll play by the agreed to rules.
    While your post is interesting, it only address's a singular years worth of observational data. I hardly think that the data sub-set you have provided regarding this years global temps are compiled yet....the years not over yet! Your data set does not describe the fact that the logged temps worldwide for November are still available to CORRECT the temp trending mistake as described in your post, for this year.

19. pym

pym New Member

I would like to make it absolutely clear to everyone on this forum that i had NOTHING to do with this person being banned here. I NEVER once flagged a post of his, nor ever lodged a complaint to the moderators regarding MY absolute irratation at this persons post's. I confronted this person as an individual ON THE FORUM for all to see. That being said: BUH-BYE.

20. just some guy

just some guy New Member

Are all conservatives confused about the difference between weather and climate? Or just most of them?

Granted most liberals are confused, too. I can't count how many times I've heard this: "wow, it's hot today. Must be global warming."

Draft saved Draft deleted